It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A military payroll scam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So here's the scenario...A young person goes to enlist in the Marine Corps. At the last minute they decide not to. However, the Recruiting Office continually hounds this person and they also keep all documents that were brought to them as verification. A few years down the road the person realizes that they are followed quite often. They are also followed by the police a lot. Even when speeding or driving erractically, though, the police never pull the person over. Here's my theory... does the military have a project going on with let's say "ghost" enlistees? Where thay actually do enlist the people, but the people never go, unknown to them the military sits back and collects the paycheck and kickback of these ghostees, and the police are given a heads up bulletin not to mess with the people when they run the plates? So then there isn't any friction created with the law. Maybe it's just my delusional mind though. Does this seem plausible?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I assume that you are talking about your self.
In which case, how long have you noticed the police not pulling you over?

I ask because I used to get pulled over all the time. I cant help it I speed wherever I go. But in the last 3 years I haven't been pulled over, even though I should have numerous times

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Don't think so, your personnel records and pay records are commonly accessed and grow through out a service persons carreer, Eventually someone in finance would notice a 7 year pfc with no performance reports, promotion test scores/ promotions or pcs orders.
A personnel shortage ( i.e."ghost" members lol)would be noticed by others in the unit who are pulling the "extra" load.
Sorry; If you did not complete basic; you are/were not "in the military",subject to recall or part of a "secret "unit.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, and it's been about 4 or 5 years...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Are you suggesting that the military would collect a paycheck (from themselves, netting them zero dollars) and then tell police not to mess with you so that you never find out that they have you on the books but never pay you and never have you do anything for them? Yeah, it looks just as crazy after I've typed it out as it did when I first read it.

To answer your question: no, it does not sound plausible, it sounds paranoid.

new topics

top topics

join