It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Navy shoots dead pirate suspects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk

The Royal Navy has repelled a pirate attack on a Danish cargo ship off the coast of Yemen, shooting dead two men believed to be Somali pirates.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It's about bloody time, it's ridiculous how our governments are allowing men in tin boats to hold ships captive for million pound ransoms. Maybe if we continue to blow them out of the water they will think twice about doing it again. I mean they are making a mockery of us to be perfectly honest, its about time we showed them what we are capable of.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm sorry,
I thought your thread title said that they were shooting pirates that were already dead. Waste of ammo and all of that.
Since they are shooting live pirates and making them dead, well, no comment comes to mind.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thirst

Well Sir...

ummmm

It was like this

He was kinda just lying there bleeding

and well umm I gave him six warning shots in the face!

Sorry I had to poke a little fun

I'm glad they got what they deserved

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I agree, about bloody time these modern day bandits got some pay-back. Personally, I would have been happy if they'd just blown the boat out of the water. Forgot about the small fire, open up that cannon up

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I had just come over to CNN.com from The Onion's website when I read that headline, and I was a bit confused for a second there. It really does sound like a headline The Onion or Cracked would post. Poor choice of words, that.

As far as the story itself goes, I don't have anything constructive to add. I just wanted to note the writer's ridiculous choice of words (unless it was intentional--in which case, kudos).

[edit on 12/11/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I can already see the new motto for the Royal Navy.

"Pirates are never dead enough to suit us!"

I've long wondered why some of the worlds Navies haven't set up a few "stings" in those waters before now. Much like a cop dressed up as a hooker busting Johns. After all, it is the responsibility of the navies to protect the shipping interests and safety of those ships on the high seas.

IMO, this was long over due.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
zombie pirates? i never saw those mentioned on the royal navy recruitment dvd

plenty of skiing holidays and messing about but no one mentioned zombie pirates its all a bit to much pirates of the carribean like for me

sure it wasnt just a special edition DVD launch promotional event?

[edit on 12/11/08 by noobfun]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well, I must tip my hat to the Brits yet again. Great job guys

These Pirates are increasingly running out of control, and their actions are growing increasingly bold, violent, and frequent. Even the Russians have now become involved, so I would dare say that these Yemeni/Somali Blackbeard wanna'bes have their reign coming to an end.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

he Russians claimed a helicopter based on their own frigate Neustrashimy had also taken part in yesterday’s battle, though the Royal Navy knew nothing about it. The Royal Marine commandos who boarded the pirates’ dhow were supported by a Lynx helicopter from HMS Cumberland, the MoD said.

Taken from the Times.... Thats just brilliant!

top topics

join