It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If an alien race offered...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
...to relocate the healthy human race, the heathly animal race, and the heathly plants/trees/flowers, off the face of the whole earth, to a planet which supports life period and supports life better, in exchange for the blueprints to what we consider the better things and better inventions on earth... The question: Should we accept the offer with them?

Do note: I mean, if they showed us video clips, live feeds, and pics of the planet, which also shown the other aliens which accepted the offer, through their alien monitors they brought with them. And they also told us that the reason they only wanted the better things and better inventions was for modernizing them for all the aliens to use on the planet, since they believe in universal sharing.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

If they believed in universal sharing then surely some people on here would label them universal communists
and shoot the # out of them.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Cook book? we went that route (thank you Rod Sterling).

I say no because Aliens are meant to be fought and not negotiated with. You can say they are worse than the terrorists, yeah.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
There is no better place for people and animals and plants. We evolved here. Anyplace else would have to be pretty much exactly like it is here, or we wouldn't survive. And in that case, we might as well just stay here and fix this place up.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If an et race had the technology to terraform a planet and transfer various life forms, why do you imagine they would need our blueprints or technology? I think we'd be more interested in theirs!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

LOL what!?!? Why are aliens "meant" to fought and not negotiated with? I don't know about giving all of our technological secrets away, but if there were some form of - - interstellar government - - out there who wanted us to join in exchange for bettering the world we're currently on and providing us with the means to move about the stars, then I'd say a technology exchange is on the table - but to move us all to another world? No. Hell with that. I like Earth. Don't want to stay here forever, but it's still home.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
First the Aliens could be lying; you obviously have good and bad aliens how do we know which they are actions dont always prove anything I can act like I wanna help my enemy while thinking and planing something else.

Second even if good aliens came to help us we would probably tell them to take a hike because we wouldnt trust or believe them.

Third if the sun was about to die, earth about to be hit by something etc. i'd take the damn chance and go with them what would they do kill you if you stayed on earth you would have died anyway.

@ Nohup
"There is no better place for people and animals and plants. We evolved here. Anyplace else would have to be pretty much exactly like it is here, or we wouldn't survive. And in that case, we might as well just stay here and fix this place up. "

We can't really say that because we dont know that we can assume but we dont have absolute proof that a place with different things would harm us, they may actually be good for us. Just because we came from somewhere does not mean we stay here. Most creatures on earth need water, food, oxygen. Have we done enough test to prove what effects humans in different ways like a mixture of a+b is bad but a mixture of b+c then a is good we don really know what could support humans besides the stuff we have here what if they had something that is not found on earth or in our galaxy slim chance but what if.

If earth was about to be destoyed and either us or something else made a planet habitable for the species of earth you wouldnt go because its better to be here ?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Our very nature would promote suspision from the start.

They would end up in Guantanamo quicker than they could say.."take us to your ..........."

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
As nice as the plan sounds. I would say NO. We have made a mess of this planet in every sense of the word. We need to clean it up or face the consequences.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
If an et race had the technology to terraform a planet and transfer various life forms, why do you imagine they would need our blueprints or technology? I think we'd be more interested in theirs!

My very though.......gold star for you.
beat me to the keyboard....

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kvaniu

Third if the sun was about to die, earth about to be hit by something etc. i'd take the damn chance and go with them what would they do kill you if you stayed on earth you would have died anyway.

Or they could've rigged the sun to explode or steered a comet/planetoid on a collision course to Earth, so they can take humanity with absolutely no resistance. So I"m holding my ground here on earth, I'd rather die in a fraction of a second than be tortured and see my fellow humans get tortured for the rest of our lives.

Think of these, If they have the interstellar transport technology and can evacuate billions of people to a place light years away, I'm pretty damn sure they could also stop the sun from exploding or nudge a planetoid off its collision course.

new topics

top topics

join