It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

140 years of UFO sightings

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I saw this in the Telegraph, more msm coverage of UFO's

The first part of our look at photographs of unidentified flying objects
since 1870.

140 years of UFO sightings - Part I

There were quite a few good pictures I hadn't seen before.

Mod Edit: Changed thread title per thread author's request.

[edit on 11/13/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
cool thanks for post

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Is it just me, or do UFO's love chasing planes?

But yeah, I saw all these pictures before, I will check all of them out to see if I there is anything I haven't seen before.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This image really made an impression on me.
Was it found to be a hoax or anything?

Ohh and this one.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings
This image really made an impression on me.
Was it found to be a hoax or anything?

Ohh and this one.

Not to steal the spotlight from the OP, but those pictures are genuine as far as anyone knows.

The first pic involves some sort of UFO war over washington, and the other one involves UFOs hovering over the Whitehouse.

Funny how ET's were less scared to show themselves back then

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The first is the "Battle of Los Angeles" It took place over California, not Washington D.C. There's a lot of hoo haaa about how it's the spotlights reflecting off of smoke but no definitive "debunking" as of yet.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

The first photo is over LA isn't it? Just checking.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I wonder why this article was posted out of the blue on the telegraph? Sounds like disclosure is just around the corner

The cigar shape over New York in 1950 is extremely interesting.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yeah sorry about that guys
It WAS over L.A

Guess that's what I get for stealing the spotlight.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Seeing UFO's around the white house is pretty weird.
I wonder what they were thinking inside.
DEFCON 2?

The one with the searchlights is awesome, can't keep flicking back to it. Reminds me of a typical Sci-Fi movie... When all aliens were just "martians" or "flying saucer men" hah.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I liked image number 28, I thought it was interesting that the photographs were Polaroids which I understand are difficult to fake.

28. Rex Heflin

Here is a YouTube clip about the case

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
If it hits mass media chances are it's a part of a greater scheme. Here I remind people about the project bluebeam rumours and the whole UN alien meetings. I have a feeling we are going in the direction Von Braun warned us about, where a massive alien false flag op is being prepared.

If we have a genuine alien contact in this elite driven world chances are they would do their best to hide it. Also a lot of the images linked, even back when originally taken, could easily be faked by simply throwing a model in the sky. A few of the lightship type images could be faked by tampering the photographic revelation process or could just be light artifacts or optical illusions.

Just to clarify, I have seen UFO's and do believe we are being regularly "visited" by others, I am not at all skeptical about the core phenomenon. I just don't trust any mass media outlet or government to be honest about anything regarding this issue, since they routinely lie to us about less important matters, why would the pack of liars have a different behaviour about something that could potentially change everything?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
When I first saw image #4, it looked like a zeppelin in the distance to me, could be wrong, but that is the first thing I thought of.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

Yes, image 28 is a good one.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
beautifull, partially new images.
let there be disclosure

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightchild
I liked image number 28, I thought it was interesting that the photographs were Polaroids which I understand are difficult to fake.

I personally don't think you should look at how they "shopped" the photo, but how they faked he actual craft. It looks like a hubcap, or metal plate being tossed in the air. Notice how its at an angle like someone threw it like a Frisbee.

And yes, the other pic looks like a floating Zeppelin in the air. Some of these are nice, and I would like to look into it, but I think #28 is fake, IMO.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

cool pics thanks for posting, there's a couple i hadn't seen before like the N.Y. one. that is weird.

this photo is one of the better copies i have seen of the Foo's and could be a Tesla sparky flyer ?

you know the military had to investigate these Foo's and i sure would love to see the classified photo's of them.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by easynow]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

dodgygeeza, the first time i saw that photo i was very impressed

this is it in its full context:

In according to Project Grudge, it would be a long exposure shot of the moon
Ii could be a difficult to digest explanation, but its appearance would be consistent with a long exposure shot of the moon, imho.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Now that you mention it, it certainly does look like the moon. I agree 100%

Well spotted Internos.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If it was a long exposure shot, wouldn't the stars have trails too?

I would have thought you need quite a long exposure for the moon to appear to have moved that much. How long do you think it would take?

What do you think it is?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join