It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paulson: Government won't buy troubled bank assets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Paulson: Government won't buy troubled bank assets

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – The government has abandoned the original centerpiece of its $700 billion rescue effort for the financial system and will not use the money to purchase troubled bank assets.

Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson said Wednesday that the administration will continue to use $250 billion of the program to purchase stock in banks as a way to bolster their balance sheets and encourage them to resume more normal lending.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What the hell.... Is it me or are we being bs'd about this, why authorize so much money if its going to fall into the hands of such financial tyrants, and they can do with it as they wish. They're trying to save themselves, not us.

I do feel cheated by the very institutions that are suppost to help us, but hell what can you expect from the feds.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I thought it was all gloom and doom, heavy on the doom, if their wasn't fast action. Well, besides a couple of AIG parties later, not nothing has improved and not much has happened.

I personally hope he doesn't help one bit and let natural economic forces work they way they are meant to work. Bad decisions result in bad results. Our economy seems full of bad results rights now brought on by .... bad decisions.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Does this mean no more purchasing of foreclosures? Is Help for Homeowners null?

I say they just cancel the entire thing. The world didn't end and not a penny has been spent.

Just call it a do over.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

How about what the F***** nothing but a scam and we all fall for it, but then again the American people were against it, and we all made hell for it.

And as usual corporate America got what they wanted to be in charge of the treasury department.

Now who is benefiting from what golden boy Goldman and Sachs is doing?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenjewel
Does this mean no more purchasing of foreclosures? Is Help for Homeowners null?

I say they just cancel the entire thing. The world didn't end and not a penny has been spent.

Just call it a do over.

OH they spent the money, there is only like 60 million left fromt he first half.. they spent it all on buy up banks stock..

I knew from the very start this thing was totally bullcrap, congress should repeal there passing of the bill and throw them all the banks paulson etc all in jail for fraud!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson said Wednesday that the administration will continue to use $250 billion of the program to purchase stock in banks

These are the key words. Right now they are not using their voting privelages on these perferred stocks. Once they get a majority, watch the back paddling begin. They will reassert their right to vote and take control.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The problem is which administration? the one that is now in charge of the treasury department because the government is not.

Just let see who is now working in the treasury department, all Goldman Sach boys.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There is an already existing thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further comments and/or questions to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join