It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are WWW Users Being Set-Up ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
O.K., this is the thread that'll make or break me here at ATS, but that's the least of my concerns this A.M.. It's back to work today; for many that means back online utilizing one or more of the limited number of available search engines. Last evening, before retiring, my new computer was performing some updates that it completed this morning at the time of restarting. Anyways, I was up earlier than usual to take a phone call from my ex-wife requesting money; nothing odd, but this set the tone for what was to come next. Google wanted me to accept to a 6 page long user agreement which is legally binding even when you don't accept, but by just using the services. Since, like the majority of internet users, I'm not too savvy as pertaining to corporate law, I was left completely bewildered by the terminolgy. I got the impresion that they could make changes without notification though, & that this somehow subjects users to possible criminal prosecussion for so much as hitting the wrong key on the pad. Furthermore, from what I could gather, I was only allowed to print the agreement & not file it, warranting further suspisions. Anyone practicing law care to state your credential & make comment on this, or are you even able to without opening the proverbial can of worms...thank you.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Just today I saw a post on ATS about Google's new program... 'Google Flue tracking' or something... I was too lazy to search

But, as Google starts to receive many searches in any area, for symptoms of illness, they are to report that to the Fed.

As Silo pointed out, they can obviously report ANY searches to the gov't. And probably do.

I have been suspicious for a while, that Google has been in bed with the Govt. Eversince they bought Youtube, and Blogger, and a few other programs I use online... And the started asking me to combine all of my accounts at a bunch of sites, to my one Google account.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
ha, you piqued my interest so i went and looked up their terms of service
didn't get too far before seeing this bit:

2.3 You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if (a) you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Google,
Looks like every kid who does a Google search for his homework is breaking the law, or is Google breaking the law by letting the kid do the search??
I'm with you, the legaleze is impossible to get thru.
looking forward to some professional opinion here,
by the way they say you should print or save the file.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
On a further note are there any useful, but less COMPLICATED search engines available? This really does bother me & I'm surprised at the complacency of the general populace over this issue & others like it!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i think the WWW is a great tool and entertainment. Unfortunately the uber rich entitlement crowd who loves to impliment policy and force events like wars to sacrifice the populace to their hidden causes is under attack because it has become too free for these backstabbers.

Our society is backwards is the problem. The nature of all of us is to feel and be free. And to have a world that conflicts with its own nature is the beginning of the end.

Which is directly what certain aspects of our world want and are accomplishing. Google is a masonic code, go figure it out.

new topics

top topics

join