It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Recent Conversation I had With A Liberal Friend At Work During Lunch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Me: "Well I am pretty depressed about this 401k idea your pals in Washington are cooking up."

Lib friend: "Me too, but it will never pass."

Me: "Well, lets see, Democrat majority in the house, Lefty leaning president..."

Lib friend: "The Republicans will fillibuster it."

Me: "Isn't Ironic that the Republicans you didn't vote for is who you are relying on to save you from the ideas of the man you did vote for?"

Lib friend: "Well, it isn't written in stone yet, we could still get lucky and he could turn out to be like Clinotn and everything would be ok."

Me: "?"

Lib friend: "Why are you looking at me like that? Eat your food."

Anyone else had similar conversations?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The whole Clinton comment I think alludes to the fact that he was a moderate and arguably a center right.

So do you think there out to steal your 401(k)? Or are you actually talking about the real fact that this is what was proposed.
www.workforce.com...
You know end the tax break.

And the Government is contemplating, creating a thing similiar to 401(k)'s that would get 3% annually plus adjusted for inflation. Would be managed by the Social Security people, and would give people the ammount of money they had in 401(k)'s in august as opposed to now.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by djpaec

This is what has my uh...panties in a bunch, if you will:

www.carolinajournal.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There is going to end up being a lot of buyers remorse amongst moderate Democrats and very much so among disgruntled Republicans who stepped across party lines out of spite or desperation.

They are already starting to regret their decisions to vote for Obama, and as time moves forward and more of his policies and plans are exposed you will see more and more people asking themselves "dear god what have I done".

Too late now

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Is it too late though? What kind of grounds are needed for impeachment?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
And Im sure everything would have been just perfect if Mcain had been voted in, he would of saved the economy with his hand to hand combat training.

Every one of his policies would have made the air outside smell just that little bit more fragrant. And all America's problems would have disappeared with a shrug.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Impeachment for what?

He is only doing exactly what he promised he would do and implementing the policies that he ran on during the election. Why on Earth would he be impeached?

Barack Obama isnt to blame here, those voting for him knew where he stood and what he would do. You cant impeach the man for doing what he has said he would.

The blame lies with those who drank the kool aid and are now finding they do not care for it's taste. Drink up...too late to spit it out now

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Obama isnt even president until around the 20th of january 2009, if Im not mistaken.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horus12
And Im sure everything would have been just perfect if Mcain had been voted in, he would of saved the economy with his hand to hand combat training.

Every one of his policies would have made the air outside smell just that little bit more fragrant. And all America's problems would have disappeared with a shrug.
I didn't say that. But at least I wouldn't have to worry my 401k will be governized.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxiMillion

And if you search the forums you'll see this has already been debunked.

Here is a quote from the lady who proposed it:

“I want to stop the federal subsidy of 401(k)s,” Ghilarducci said in an interview. “401(k)s can continue to exist, but they won’t have the benefit of the subsidy of the tax break.”

As I can see you didn't even bother to read my link.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by djpaec

This is what I am reffering to;
(in your own words)

And the Government is contemplating, creating a thing similiar to 401(k)'s that would get 3% annually plus adjusted for inflation. Would be managed by the Social Security people, and would give people the ammount of money they had in 401(k)'s in august as opposed to now.

where is the money coming from for this idea?
(yes, your current 401k)

top topics

join