It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paulson: Troubled Assets Will Not Be Purchased

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

i agree that Obama's presidency didn't cause any of the problems we face now But i can fault him for the policies he wants to put in place they will do more harm than good, also i can fault him for voting for the bailout bill after the citizens said no we do not want this. we see it for what it is and we don't want to reward the same crooks that caused the problem to begin with.

But getting back to the real Blame It didn't start with Reagan he inherited it from Carter. But that really don't matter since its both repubs and Dems that share the blame for not doing anything to stop this mess from happening. its also the american citizens fault for not living within their means. we always have to have the next best thing than our neighbor just to show them up, no matter the cost. credit was easy to get to keep us buying that new car ever couple years, a bigger house, a boat that we really didn't need, a big screen tv etc etc.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
reply to post by ClintK

i agree that Obama's presidency didn't cause any of the problems we face now But i can fault him for the policies he wants to put in place they will do more harm than good, also i can fault him for voting for the bailout bill after the citizens said no we do not want this. we see it for what it is and we don't want to reward the same crooks that caused the problem to begin with.

But getting back to the real Blame It didn't start with Reagan he inherited it from Carter. But that really don't matter since its both repubs and Dems that share the blame for not doing anything to stop this mess from happening. its also the american citizens fault for not living within their means. we always have to have the next best thing than our neighbor just to show them up, no matter the cost. credit was easy to get to keep us buying that new car ever couple years, a bigger house, a boat that we really didn't need, a big screen tv etc etc.

Ummmm actually it did start with Reagan. Reagan started this whole fad of giving the tax breaks to the top hoping that it trickles down. It doesnt work period and because he didnt cut any spending he added over $1.5 Trillion dollars on the national debt. In fact when Reagan took office we only have a $937 Billion dollar deficit. Between Reagan, Bush and Bush II the three have managed to add over $8 Trillion dollars onto the national debt all at the expense of giving tax breaks to the rich so people like Warren Buffet can pay 15% in taxes instead of 33% like any Joe making $100k. Yes Reagan started this fad I give him a huge chunk of this blame.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wintermarches

Exactly. You got my point. And more people need to appreciate the simple things in life.

I wasn't referring to every, single American, obviously like some here have thought. Not everyone has a need for outrageous, material possessions, but we are all guilty in at least some small way. I'm sure all of us can look around our homes and find a few expensive items that we just don't need, and they are probably occupying much of our free time which could be better spent protesting, or meditating, or exercising.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I know you guys stopped posting quite a while ago, but I wanted to remind everyone that the adoption of the neo-Keynesian 'supply-side' or "trickle down" economic model is NOT when the trouble began.

The trouble began when we accepted the institution of an international bank cartel as the sole provider of currency while granting them the power to control interest rates. This changed EVERYTHING. It all started long long ago in a continent far, far, away.... but they finally got their hooks in us at Jekyll Island in 1913.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Maxmars]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join