It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope: the Christian does not want the end of the world, but the end of injustice

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Pope: the Christian does not want the end of the world, but the end of injustice

www.asianews.it

The pope spoke of the "new perspective" opened by the Resurrection, "the expectation of the Lord's return," "the relationship between the present time and the future, when Christ will hand over the kingdom to his Father."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
well, it looks that Pope is trying to prepare as for the last days to come. the all puzzles, when you put it correctly, are giving the picture of the huge changes coming soon to our world.

you can see it in politics, economies, climate changes, solar anomalies, predictions, terrorist threats. it is more intensive every day.

and when you see the people keeping the power you can see that God can be angry...

www.asianews.it
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think the church's now stance on aliens, and Benedicts embracing of the idea. Is a little more telling to the conspiracy minded, maybe our advanced space/inter-dimensional bretheran will show up soon to enslave us all.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by czacza

Did you see the title? How about the T&C's

The actual title is completely the opposite of what your's implies

"Pope: the Christian does not want the end of the world, but the end of injustice"

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The pope spoke of the "new perspective" opened by the Resurrection, "the expectation of the Lord's return," "the relationship between the present time and the future, when Christ will hand over the kingdom to his Father."

Yeah?Whats so new about that?
All Popes and priests say that stuff have always said that kind of stuff.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

yeah, unfortunatetly I can not find the whole test in english. but I try to give the sens of the words from the original one I read. it goes so...

the Pope said that everybody wants this unfair world to end. he said it is no easy for Christians to pray for the world to end. but the end of the world in not possible without the Christ. Christ will help us to survive it. pray for the Christ to come now...

on the forum the original text was announced, there is a discussion now what it supposed to mean and more less everybody are pretty sure that it is not the usuall

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The end of injustice is the end of the world.
Because,
The world is a kind of injustice against Christ...The Kingdom of God...Reality.
The world symbolizes the utter sacrifice of Reality.
So,
The end of injustice is the end of symbols of injustice.

Christ!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
religion has caused so much injustice in this world, so much pain and suffering, the end of injustice can only come through the end of these man made religions and a return to people having an honest spiritual connection with their own spirit, and with the spirit world, something that religion has very well manipulated people from not having.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by alienhealer

I belive that the injustice you are thinking about is not coming with religions but with some people behind the churches standing behind them. religions (most of it) are opening belivers for good spirits. the problem comes when others are doing bussiness on it. then the troubles comes.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza

no they are not. Religion has helped to hold down man and deny a true open connection with the spirit world. Through religion man has been denied their connections to their roots, to their spirit, and instead been plastered with a man made religion that has told them what this connection is, and has taught them to fear anyone that does have a true connection and being misguided by a mythical devil

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Christ!

it really is the sense of the words.
and you see mounting examples of the injusties and the other evidence showing that there is big neccesarry change on its way. I never belived I in any conspiraces and the predictions but now it looks different.

time will show

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Maybe the Pope should clean his own house up BEFORE passing judgement on anybody or anything.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

you are wrong. in past, religion (the other side of the story is enslavement comin in a package) was the only possible way (expect the much more painfull ones) to help masses to selfcontrol themselfes. without religion we would be far away from the level of civilization we know now. the humankind would be covered with its own blood.

religion gave the people rules they needed. now when most of people are better educated tou might not see it but it was the most important for centuries for our progress.

and, well, I belive that good spirits can be found in all religions and even without them. it depends of the man. but for some religion can be the possibility to work on the spirits within.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza

Interesting article. I've often seen Christians ridiculed as doomsday fear mongers anticipating (and even accelerating) the end of the world.

However, according to Christian eschatology, it absolutely is not the 'end of the world.' It is only the end of the world as we know it. And of course, the world we know is crime ridden, infested with injustice and corruption, filled with disease, etc.

The return of Jesus, also preceded by the tribulation which will be the worst seven years mankind will ever know, it is a purging of the injustice and corruption in order to bring on the Messianic kingdom where 'the lion will lay down with the lamb' once again.

So, yes. I pray for Jesus' return. The tribulation sounds very scary to me but it's always the darkest before dawn. If someone feels the need to ridicule that belief then that is their right.

However, it is as the article says: A prayer for Jesus' return. Not the end of the world.

Edit for typos. I lost my eye sight and brain function after making avatars all morning. lol

[edit on 12/1/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

you are wrong. in past, religion (the other side of the story is enslavement comin in a package) was the only possible way (expect the much more painfull ones) to help masses to selfcontrol themselfes. without religion we would be far away from the level of civilization we know now. the humankind would be covered with its own blood.

religion gave the people rules they needed. now when most of people are better educated tou might not see it but it was the most important for centuries for our progress.

and, well, I belive that good spirits can be found in all religions and even without them. it depends of the man. but for some religion can be the possibility to work on the spirits within.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

nice avatar indeed.
star for you. that is how I feel as well. but I hope that we are already passing through that 7 taff years. as I see it it could be at least the begining.

and when I say "the end of the world" I mean the end of the world we know as well. and I hope better one to come...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by czacza
and when I say "the end of the world" I mean the end of the world we know as well. and I hope better one to come...

Absolutely. Sorry- I wasn't trying to imply you didn't get the point. My comment was in a general sense about the subject but the reply tag was to you since you were the O.P. My apologies for the confusion.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

that's ok. no problem.
greetings for you...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza

without religion this race would be far ahead of where it is now, and that is what is going to start to happen, the collapse of religion. And no, religion has put this race back, not advanced it.

And you are right, the world isn't ending, it is just beginning, but too many people are running around with their heads cut off crying the end of the world because things are starting to clear out, which is needed at this point in time for what is about to begin.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

in earlier times it was neccessary to give the strict rules to achive order. without the religion it would be possible only via terror. I prefer religion. at least it let the people dicuss the more abstract issues and see over own matters.

there were always some religions and Gods. it was neccessery for the civilization.

and no matter if you do or do not belive in God but you should admit it anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join