It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran test-fires new surface-to-surface missile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Iran test-fires new surface-to-surface missile

ap.google.com

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran successfully test-fired a new generation of long range surface-to-surface missile using solid fuel, making them more accurate than its predecessors, the defense minister announced Wednesday.
Mostafa Mohammed Najjar said on state television that the Sajjil was a high-speed missile manufactured at the Iranian Aerospace department of the Defense Ministry. He said it had a range of about 1,200 miles (2,000 kilometers).
Solid fuel missiles are more accurate than the liquid fuel missiles of a similar range currently possessed by Iran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.timesonline.co.uk

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
A new test seems to have been conducted with success. It says that it has a range of 2000 km's - which if i do my math's correctly puts it in striking range of Israel.

Considering the history between the two countries since the Islamic revolution and events of late, I don't think Tel Aviv will respond in a pleasant manner. With all this talk of potential air strikes into Iran, Ahmedajin (sp?) appears to be doing everything he can to prepare a counter strike...

ap.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 04326

If and when Iran does get ahold of some nuclear enrichment, then they would ASAP put them in to those special rockets and fire them at Israel. You know what will happen next??? Take a quess? The shat will hit the fan, and then the whole friggen world WILL BE at WW3.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest
reply to post by 04326

If and when Iran does get ahold of some nuclear enrichment, then they would ASAP put them in to those special rockets and fire them at Israel. You know what will happen next??? Take a quess? The shat will hit the fan, and then the whole friggen world WILL BE at WW3.

No,they wont...if they get hold of Nuclear weapons they will say..."look we have nuclear weapons!"...now stop threatening to bomb us so we can get on with the task of tackling the high unemployment rate and giving Iranians a better, more secure future....Well not those words,but again even if they developed a nuclear weapon it would be used the way in which all nuclear weapons are today.As a failsafe so countries like Israel and America cant try and walk all over them.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Solomons]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Inrespect to you, Solomons. I could be wrong, but! I am sure at the time-age of the earth, the "history-timming" of WW3. It is just that...What is happening to Iran and Israel, and Iran having the missle(s) and nuclear material(s) that could trigger a world war.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Sorry to be "offtopic". I think there is a "conspiracy" with certain countries wanting all of a sudden to send rockets into space, conspiracy about they are preparing long-range missles. The pieces of the puzzle fits into = WW3.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
well interestingly enough, Iran is now questioning the validity of the document that originally claimed that it has nuclear WMD's... there was a news report out of Tehran about it but i could not verify it anywhere including IAEA.

Could it be another search of the ever elusive WMD's just like in Iraq?????????????

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest

Sorry to be "offtopic". I think there is a "conspiracy" with certain countries wanting all of a sudden to send rockets into space, conspiracy about they are preparing long-range missles. The pieces of the puzzle fits into = WW3.

it hadn't occurred to me in that way. You know you could be on to something here. The 2nd space race in actual fact could be cleverly disguised arms race... you know what, its crazy enough to have some element of truth behind it.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 04326
well interestingly enough, Iran is now questioning the validity of the document that originally claimed that it has nuclear WMD's... there was a news report out of Tehran about it but i could not verify it anywhere including IAEA.

Could it be another search of the ever elusive WMD's just like in Iraq?????????????

... just wondering if anyone else has come across information pertaining to this. Because if the IAEA is really investigating this then this could be big.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Iran Missile Thread

Uhhmm ya I posted on this yesterday. Why is it recieving so much attention today when others post it?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
sorry my bad. I did run a search before posting but i must not have looked hard enough. Apologies for the repeat thread.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
With all of these claims by Iranian officials and Officials from surrounding areas, as well as US intelligence ...

I'm starting to feel like saying "Video or it didn't happen".

I find it all very suspect, and very similar to how the invasion of Iraq started off. A lot of claims supposedly coming right from the horses mouth, yet they were for the most part unsubstantiated, couldn't be time and date stamped or verified in any real way, other than to "say" so.

Weapons of Mass destruction, bio weapons, nukes of any kind shape or range....

Where is the absolute irrefutable proof. This is getting as bad as aliens and UFOs....claims with nothing substantial.

You'd think Iran would release actual footage of tests that are easily identifiable and clearly dated. I haven't found any.

You'd think the US would be able to present the same thing if their intelligence is making these claims and publicizing them where is the backup?

It's all the same pile...and it smells just as bad.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

TEHRAN, Iran – Iran said it successfully test-fired a new generation of long range surface-to-surface missile on Wednesday — one that could easily strike as far away as southeastern Europe with greater precision than earlier models.

The Sajjil is a solid fuel high-speed missile with a range of about 1,200 miles, Defense Minister Mostafa Mohammed Najjar said on state television. At that range, it could easily strike Iran's arch-foe Israel and go as far as southeastern Europe.

Solid-fuel missiles are more accurate than the liquid fuel missiles of similar range currently possessed by Iran. The country has had a solid-fuel missile with a shorter range — the Fateh, able to fly 120 miles — for several years.

Here is another good reason for having a missile defense system.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

solomans, you are a complete idiot. havent you heard them saying that they want to wipe israel of the map. they are only trying to push dowm the throat islam.is that what you want MORON.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

why? 2000 miles will reach targets in the

middle east

not europe , conus or anywhere outside of the middle east

top topics

join