It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US aid worker killed in Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

US aid worker killed in Pakistan

news.bbc.co.uk

Gunmen in Pakistan have shot dead an American aid worker and his driver in the north-western city of Peshawar.
The men were killed just outside their office in the University Town area. It is not clear who the attackers were.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dawn.net

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This is definitely a sad turn of events. It seems that that the situation in the western part of Pakistan is fast deteriorating and the air raids into the country are not doing any favors in quelling this.

The victim is an aid worker contracted to USAID and apparently a name has been released to the local media through colleagues of the victim - said to be Stephen Wanz. However, the American Embassy is not confirming anything and till about an hour ago was refusing to ID the body.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Yeah, I would imagine that the bombing campaign is not doing the aid workers any favors. I wouldn't want to be an American in Pakistan right now.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

very true. it is not a good time for foreigners to be in Pakistan right now. It seems that the incursions into their territory are getting more frequent and people are starting to take things further.

I feel for the victim's family - but considering that the area is in very close proximity to the Afghanistan border, something like this does not come as a surprise.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Being a non-Muslim is enough to get a 7.62 round in the head. Being a woman out alone is enough to be stoned to death. I can think of many reasons why you should be dead.

new topics

top topics

join