It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's team wants UFO answers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Seems promising although maybe not right away.Of course I tend to lean more twords the getting swept under the rug unfortunatly as the economy and the war might take a front seat for Obama.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Do they really want answers or is it a ploy to keep the UFO crowd momentarily pacified/placated?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

This site purports to list some of the Clinton efforts at disclosure. Hope it helps somewhat.

www.hillaryclintonufo.net...

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Resinveins]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Normally presidents are keept out of "the loop" by means of compartmentlized layers of security, to protect the executive branch so I think that whatever insight Obama may gain access to he would most surly keep to himself.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
Thread title is misleading. Drudge has a story about reporters fawning over Podesta's transition speech, and then a link to this old CNN article about him calling for the end of UFO secrecy. But Podesta hasn't said anything recently about it, and certainly not as a spokesman for the POTUS-Elect.

Yes, I think this needed to be clarified. Some people believed this was recent or have any connection with the Barack Obama Administration.

Furthermore, as I've said in a previous thread, Podesta already said he will not be in Barack Obama's Administration.

So I doubt, with everything going on, with the crisis worrying Obama and his future cabinet, that Podesta has been talking about UFOs with the President-Elect.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The Clinton's know about UFO's don't kid yourself....look up the Clintons and Rockefeller's at the JY Ranch I believe in Wyoming or there abouts, in 1995.

Georgie knows after all his daddy is in big time.... read about grandpop Preston the Rockefeller's and Nazi's open your minds and learn about these disgusting families.

These Elitest need to be gathered up and worst done then tarred and feathered sooner rather then later.

The peon's of the world need to stand as one and end this then build a peaceful Planet that was meant to be in the first place.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden If Obama wants to get a UFO disc;psire - a;; je jas tp dp os semd the senate and house a bill to cut the defense and CIA budget in half if they don't come through with the disclosure.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Thought this update to ufoskeptic.org was a good fit for this thread...

Simply issuing a presidential executive order declassifying the topic might yield the mistaken conclusion that there is no such material. The first step would be to determine under exactly what legal jurisdiction the matter is classified. This could best be accomplished by a small dedicated research team reporting directly and personally to the President with at least high enough clearances to be able to read all classified Presidential Decision Memoranda and the classified appendices to the Atomic Energy Act and the National Security Act.

Would the president be briefed on SAPs?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
I get the feeling alot more people on the inside will be coming out under Obama as president, but I'm not yet convinced that disclosure will happen under his term.

Obama will bring change, but lets face it, he's still very big on national security. California, one of the most liberal states in the U.S., still isn't ready for gay marriage. How can the U.S. possibly be ready for UFO disclosure?

So very true, also an excellent comparison NightVision

I say that disclosure should be from means other than the government, we can't really expect THEM to spill the beans. We need evidence fellas, something huge, something conclusive for once. Not more blurry pics and vids or pieces of evidence that prove UFO's are real(we know UFOs are real). We need proof of what UFOs are, conclusively.

If that is achieved, then we wouldn't really need a president to do us any favors, now would we.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The only way to get disclosure is for the President and Congress to submit a law that will reduce the Defense and CIA bidget bu one half if they do not disclose all the ufo information. Those two agencies only listen to their budget. Noithing else phases them.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

California, one of the most liberal states in the U.S., still isn't ready for gay marriage. How can the U.S. possibly be ready for UFO disclosure?

The assumption that we Californians actually voted for porp 8 (against gay marriage) is wrong. You must consider the vast amounts of money the churches and corporate sponsors put into getting that prop passed. The prop still passed by a very slim margin. It should be stated that Cali was one of the first states to allow gay marriage in the first place. If the voting public knew that so much partisan money and effort was going into the passing of porp 8, they would have rallied like they are now doing all over Cali. It is going to the supreme court as we speak.

To reply to the Clinton question...Dr. Steven Greer claims to have personally briefed the Clintons about the UFO/Alien senerio. They were apparently very interested in the subject and wanted more information. Afterwards, then president Clinton made the inquiries about the UFO subject and was shut down citing no clearance or need to know. This was reported by Dr. Steven Greer as well as Jim Marrs.

For my part, I am very hopeful that the Obama cabinet takes the subject seriously and with an open mind. If they are turned away (highly likely) I hope they press the issue.

For everyones part, I hope that we can all remain positive. Of course we are skeptical that disclosure will happen any time soon. But we must still support all efforts which lead to that end. If we have to write letters or emails then so be it. Please don't just sit there and think that it will never happen. With that attitude it never will. It's just like voting...if you don't you really can't complain about the administration.

Disclosure will come when we put enough pressure and create enough interest that cannot be ignored. Please, if everyone here would just write one email or one letter, we may actually make some headway. Then, at the very least you can all say you did your part. Why do you think foreign government files are now being disclosed in various countries?

Anyone interested, go to the disclosure project recent news and read about the recent UN meeting about the UFO subject. It seems that public pressure along with the recent high level of reported UFO activity may actually force a quicker disclosure date. That is their own words.

>

[edit on 13-11-2008 by Spirit Warrior]

[edit on 13-11-2008 by Spirit Warrior]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Obama already stated that he's more concerned about life on Earth than any in outerspace.

Remember the debate where Kucinich was mocked for admitting that he saw a UFO?

Obama won't give UFOs a passing notice... he's got to follow his orders, see what the bankers and shadow-generals want him to do next.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
We will see. While I do not truly trust that the government is in control of itself, I was happy with know Podesta was involved with Obama because of his previous comment on UFO's and the nondisclosure of the US government on the subject.

I had a lot of respect for Kucinich as a person and leader before his disclosure, but even more for being so dignified afterwards while receiving public ridicule. Does anyone know if Kucinich and Obama are tight?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that any member of the Military could refuse the Commander in Chief's direct, in person requests for information. The power of the President is almost unlimited when it comes to the Military, he can order any kind of attack, right up to the use of nuclear weapons without getting permission from anyone. If a high level official who has knowledge of top secret projects were to refuse to give information directly to the Commander in Chief, the President has the legal and constitutional right to sign a Presidential decree directing him to comply. Anyone refusing can be fired, arrested, courts marshaled, or what ever appropriate procedure, on the spot. Whether or not a President would or should do so is debatable, but he could do it if he felt it was in the nations best interest.

In this era of economic uncertainty, the prospects for releasing advanced formerly secret technology is feasible. I suspect our Government has some sort of anti-gravity "like", propulsion tech, if true, such a breakthrough would rival the harnessing of fire and the invention of the wheel. But the extreme dangers of such knowledge in the wrong hands is what keeps this information secret. Used wisely, this technical knowledge can get you to a nearby star in a manageable time, used as a weapon, the same information can do harm on a scale never before contemplated. With the current threat of violent attacks by various militant groups around the world, releasing this kind of intelligence now has it's dangers. I feel that the positive aspects outweigh the negative ones, almost free, unlimited energy would put the United States back at the top of the list of world power for the next couple of hundred years or so.

Do we really have this stuff though? Well, many, many eye witnesses see hovering craft, even up close, as with the Rendlesham Forest incident, so we know that it is possible, the question is, do WE have the ability to duplicate the accomplishment, and who exactly are we hiding the information from, the people of Earth, or unknown entities, from elsewhere? Perhaps blatantly acquiring and using such technology opens the door to direct contact, and this may not be desirable.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think you bought the history of our country hook line and sinker. The president has limited powers. Listen to the testimony of various diplomats and former heads of intel for our country relate their story. They were stopped dead in their tracks when trying to investigate the issue. A former Joint Chief found the code name for one of the projects, traced the budget, then demanded to be 'read into' the project which technically fell under his jurisdiction anyway. He was politely told he has no need to know and even though his clearance was as high as he knew existed, he was told it was not high enough. Dr. Steven Greer has connections with former heads of intel, former presidents, and many diplomats foreign and domestic. Look into the disclosure project and read the testimonies yourself.

The shadow government rules this arena. The president has powers to deal with everyday things like social programs etc.. But the economy and issues like UFOs and space travel are well beyond the reach of the president. The multinational bankers and secret elite control those things.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior

I do not dispute any of your statements, I think the problem with the President and disclosure is that, although military officials do have to follow the Commander in Chiefs orders, private contractors and non military personnel, suppliers, and corporations do not. If these independents are in control of our nations secrets, that is something that can only be considered to be bad for the average citizen. The Joint Chiefs of Staff, (They are made up of the top brass of all of the Military's various branch's, of service.), have an office at or near the White House, and they are said to work at the Presidents discretion, under the constitution, they must answer all the Presidents inquiries without equivocation. If this is not the case then we can only assume that it is they who are running the country, not the elected President. I don't have to tell anyone what that situation would be defined as.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Agreed. The situation would be (and is grim) in that respect.

However, I feel that most 99.9% of the military is unaware of the real issues. I don't believe that the JCS are in on it. I sincerely believe that the real power lies in multinational interests. People are put into place so to speak. The right posts with the right people can get a lot done in the black world. Just look at what the V.P. was able to accomplish under the radar regarding deregulation of EPA standards, corporate taxation, banking, and investments. This is a well known tactic that intel (military and corporate intel alike) has been using for centuries.

When attempting to ascertain the motives here many people consider the question “well what do they have to gain?” I think the answer lies more in the realm of what do they have to lose. Consider what a predatory secret society who is heavily invested and interested in controlling and selling energy (oil and supporting industry) would have to lose if technology became available which allowed efficient and nearly free energy. Second they would have to reveal the source the technology came from unless they set up another industry cover up. Which is reminiscent of the testimony of Col. Corso. Third, they would subject themselves to investigation and public awareness and scrutiny. Two things that secret societies hate. Last, they would have a very hard time explaining the proven fact that an astounding number Nazi scientists, economists, and businessmen came to America as naturalized citizens after the war. Then they would have to explain the activities these persons have been engaged in since.

Given these consideration one can easily see the extreme complications of the issue.

I for one am completely for conditional amnesty. The condition being complete and utter disclosure or jail time. Forgiveness is a virtue, and it would set an example for future generations. The example is that we will not tolerate such behavior while at the same time refusing to come down to their level. This will allow us to evolve as a species while accomplishing the goal of dismantling the ability for future tyrants and despots to follow in their footsteps.

-Warrior

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

so where do i send my letter to? address please

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Sure thing. This is the current campaign.
You also have other avenues. Write your congress person as well. I believe contact information for various government persons is on this site as well.

Also consider giving funding or volunteering at a program of your choice. I personally favor Dr. Greers Disclosure Project, as I am aligned with the notion of amnesty for disclosure. This is an enlightened goal in my opinion.

Books and investigative materials profit usually support the programs as well. Purchasing these materials not only aids the project, but educates or at least informs the public.

Calls to Action

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Spirit Warrior]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordThumbs
reply to post by ufo reality

so where do i send my letter to? address please

The Honorable Barack Obama
President Elect of the United States
Washington Transition Headquarters
451 6th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001