It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buses with 'anti God' message?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I found this interesting. Was wondering what everyone thinks. I like the idea, be good to one another but think this might get some people a little ticked off. www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It's a try to oppose existing "pro-God" adverts, to establish equality. If Religion can have its recruting nets on there, it's ok for me if somebody warns the fishes.

There's already a thread here somewhere, take a look.

[edit on 12.11.2008 by SiONiX]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Ahhh whoops. Thought the other one was in London or something. Yeah I don't much care what you put on a bus. Just wondering how much outrage the religious folks are going to have about this. For some reason I am seeing defaced buses.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Im an atheist, but i dont feel alone during yuletimes. i see a little babyjesus and angel decorations, but mostly its red colours, snow and santa.

I celebrate yule and listen to christmas songs. we have good food and cookies etc. on the 24th the presents are under the tree. Then we gather the family and celebrate... for on this day santa was born.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This is definitely part of the current and on-going anti-religion, anti-god, anti-Jesus campaign to plant seeds to the masses. We will see more and more of this. All part of the NWO agenda for sure.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

heres the existing thread

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

No. It's part of the process of humanity realising it doesn't have to believe in a Jewish Sky Wizard to be good people.

It's part of humanity growing up, kind of like how kids grow out of believing in Santa Claus, and try to be good all year round to actually be good, not because they're going to get presents.

Plus I love how you attributed it to the NWO simply because you don't like it. Very objective.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

No. It's part of the process of humanity realising it doesn't have to believe in a Jewish Sky Wizard to be good people.

It's part of humanity growing up, kind of like how kids grow out of believing in Santa Claus, and try to be good all year round to actually be good, not because they're going to get presents.

Plus I love how you attributed it to the NWO simply because you don't like it. Very objective.

Dave thats a great post

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
I found this interesting. Was wondering what everyone thinks. I like the idea, be good to one another but think this might get some people a little ticked off. www.cnn.com...

yup if you go down in the south, they have 40 ft billboards with god advertized like he was a ford truck, and they have alot of 10ft, 20ft, 30ft, crosses all over the place. if your an atheist in the south, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This group spent 40k on bus signs. That is certainly their right. But, in the spirit of the season 40k could have helped alot of people in need. Salvation Army, Red Cross, Toys for Tots or local food banks. I think that their message could have made a bigger impact by helping out a local charity. DC is full of poverty and people in need.

Christmas is more than just a day of celebration. The season in itself is about helping others, giving, spending time with family and friends. Whether you celebrate Yule or Festivus, it should be a time to stop and take a step back and reflect. Reconnect with distant family and friends and make a small difference in someones life. Mull some spices, drink spiked egg nogg, photo copy your ass at the office party, worship a metal pole.

I sound like a damn greeting card. I'm usually pretty crotchety. That felt good dammit.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 13-11-2008 by jibeho]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
This is definitely part of the current and on-going anti-religion, anti-god, anti-Jesus campaign to plant seeds to the masses. We will see more and more of this. All part of the NWO agenda for sure.

this is not anti-religion...it's get your religion out of my face, and out of the laws we live by. there are people here in america that do not believe in mythical beings

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
this is not anti-religion...it's get your religion out of my face,

Get your anti-religion (call a duck a duck) out of my face. See the double-standard?

I'm GLAD people are talking about what they believe and feel, this is america whether it's pro-God, anti-God or undecided. If we cannot do that here, where in the world can we?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

40k on bus signs does seem a little ridiculous. The same can be said for all the opulent churches out there. I agree the groups message may have been better received if they donated to charity. I also don't really get what the point of the signs is. Are they trying to convince people not to believe in God, or letting people that do not they are not alone? Either way it seems like a bit of a wasted effort.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
40k on bus signs does seem a little ridiculous. The same can be said for all the opulent churches out there. I agree the groups message may have been better received if they donated to charity. I also don't really get what the point of the signs is. Are they trying to convince people not to believe in God, or letting people that do not they are not alone? Either way it seems like a bit of a wasted effort.

I can't help but think, "You're atheist? Jump on the bus!" Maybe they're creating an exercise program for believers by giving them reason to walk. Or helping Christians get to know their community by opting for carpool or ride-share. The possibilities are endless. Maybe I can open a Christian Car Wash: "Clean your car with us, clean your soul with Jesus". Non-believers would get a discount.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by saint4God]

new topics

top topics

join