It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank:Britain in Recession which will continue well into 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Bank: Britain in Recession which will continue well into 2009

news.bbc.co.uk

The Bank of England says the UK entered a recession in the middle of 2008 which will continue well into 2009.

In its quarterly inflation report, the Bank warns that the economic landscape has changed dramatically since August.

It now expects inflation to decline to 1% by 2010, below its 2% target, in a dramatic change to its last forecast.

This could open the way for further interest rate cuts if the Bank is to maintain inflation at its target rate in two years' time.

"We are certainly prepared to cut bank rate again if that becomes necessary," said Mervyn King, the Bank of England's governor.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Anti - Government]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Wow i knew we was in a recession i think everyone knew that but i didnt erally expect it to go well into 2009

In August, the Bank forecast "broadly flat" economic growth.

Ross Walker of HSBC told the BBC that markets were surprised by how big a fall in inflation the Bank of England had projected, and said he now expected another rate cut in December of at least 0.5%.

"Conditions are going to get worse before they get better," he added.

also this sounds very worrying to me i just hope that they sort themselves out before too long because alot of people cannot wait till way into 2009 with the money they have now

so it looks like everyone is going to have barely any money for long time WAY TO GO GOVERNMENT !!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Anti - Government]

join