It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanderers among us - Sound off

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Orion52

I expierence this too Orion and I am also empathic. I will be in the supermarket or somewhere else and a stranger will tell me very personal things. I mean, I have been told very personal things by people I don't know. I usually just listen and smile.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
My Dearest Friends,

I have found a questionnaire which I know has helped me with my doubts. It is from "A Wanderer's Handbook".

I cannot vouch for its accuracy or otherwise.

For what it's worth, I scored 90 points.

Here it is:

Questionnaire

Your Childhood

1. Did you often think about, daydream, or fantasize about aliens, UFOs, or other worlds?

2. Did you feel like ordinary things around you were somehow strange, like the human body, the color of the sky, trees and nature, human architecture, and adults?

3. Did you ever feel as if your parents were not your real parents, that you had a missing brother or sister, or a home some place far away?

4. Did you have magical dreams of flying, invisible spirit friends, or receiving special guidance and protection?

5. Did you look up at the night sky with longing, and sometimes say: “Take me home … Why am I here?” or ask “Why am I so alone?”

Your Personality

6. Are you kind, gentle, peaceful, and non-aggressive—not just sometimes, but almost always?

7. Are you hurt, saddened, and confused by all the human evil and cruelty in the world?

8. Do you feel that money, possessions, and a successful career are not really that important?

9. Do you sometimes feel more comfortable with plants and animals than with people?

10. Are you generally sensitive, considerate, generous, and concerned about others around you?

Your Experiences

11. Have you felt different, out-of-place, or somewhat alienated from human society all your life?

12. Have you had dreams, visions, or sightings of UFOs that inspired real spiritual growth?

13. Have you had dramatic dreams of Earth changes, geological and social upheaval, the end of the world, or future civilization?

14. Are you logical, scientific, non-emotional, and somewhat confused by hot passion and desire?

15. Have you had a clear and uplifting contact with benevolent, kind, and highly-evolved beings?

Your Interests

16. Are you interested in science fiction, epic fantasy, angels, high-technology, and world prophecy?

17. Are you interested in Atlantis, Lemuria, channeling, pyramids, New Age ideas and UFOs?

18. Are you interested in meditation, alternative healing, or bringing love and light to the world?

19. Do you believe human society is ignorant of the spiritual truths that you know to be true?

20. Do you have a strong sense of purpose and feel that your mission is to help Earth and humanity?

Scoring Your Identity

For each YES answer, give yourself 5 points and then total your score. (For every “somewhat” answer, give yourself 3 points.)

100-75 points:
You definitely fit the wanderer profile, but perhaps you are not surprised!

75-25 points:
You may or may not be a wanderer, and you need more reflection to know for sure.

25-00 points:
You probably are not a wanderer, but why are you interested in these matters?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
im a pretty normal guy, but i have always felt like i was suppose to be a part of something big, i have always been afraid to admit it.

i also get the feeling that i want to go home sometimes, even when i am home.

its like wanting to turn around and look behind you, but you cant. you feel something behind you, but it is hidden. all we see is what we see.

EDIT for sausage fingers

[edit on 13-11-2008 by pureevil81]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I call empathy my beautiful curse. It was something I had no understanding of up until about the past year. Even in previous passing through spiritual awareness, it wasn't something I ever heard discussed. It brought me so much pain at times that I literally prayed for death. Not just people, but places and things. It drove me mad.

Now I understand a little better which makes it easier to deal with. But I, like others, have had to sacrifice friends and family for the sake of my sanity and emotional well-being. Not sad at all as it is what I've needed to do to maintain. The truth is, I feel better when I'm not around them.

To the point, I visited a friend last week that I hadn't seen in almost a year. While in his house I felt like I was being crushed, that death was breathing on my neck. I can't tell him that since I know he wouldn't have the slightest understanding (Not a judgment, but the truth as I have known him to be for over 12 years). He doesn't seem to notice, or is unwilling to do anything about it. I know it is his life, and so he must live it.

But of course I'll be there for him and the rest should they really need me. Which is to say not simply to wallow in their misery with them, but to help them out of it. It may not come to pass, but who am I to say.

If there's anything anyone feels I can help with, feel free to U2U me or ask on this thread.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by traveller

I scored 95 on the test.

So what do we do now?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I am not sure that it is about "doing". I feel it is more about "being".

It is your Path my Sister. Listen for that which resonates with you. No one here is qualified to tell you what you need to do.

Peace Out

Traveller

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by traveller

I have these feelings too..like I am getting ready for something huge that is close to happening. I don't really know what to do with it though.

Until the Spring of this year, I was not a very nice person. I talked behind others backs. In my work environment, there is always someone that all the others talk about. If that person leaves, then everyone picks a new person. I must admit, I loved the gossip. It made me feel bigger, I suppose. Then something changed. I was hit right between the eyes with the knowledge that we are all one...totally and completely KNEW this to my very core. After that, when someone started talking about someone else, it was offensive to me. I still did it for awhile, but I didn't enjoy it like I did before. Now, I don't like it at all...it is almost sickening to me now. I can't do it anymore and it makes me sick to think I ever did it in the first place.

I read Hidden Hands posts too. And what stuck with me was when he said to try to discover who I am and where I am. I am having a hard time with this. I think I may be close to knowing who I am, but have no idea where I am. Hell? Prison? Dream? This has me stumped.

I scored 85 on that test. I have always felt like an outsider...never fit in anywhere. I would rather be by myself that with others. I am so bored by most conversations...but love a good deep conversation...just hard to find others that enjoy that also.

It is nice to find others that feel the same way. Thanks for the post, traveller. z.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by zippy1958]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zippy1958

dude that is weird, the work thing and talking behind peoples back.

man that fir me to a tee, and just like you i cant do it anymore, i actually am offended when someone talks about someone else behind their back. i stand up for the person now.

weird

anyway, dont let me stray you guys off topic.

peace

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Some light reading tonight perhaps?

www.scribd.com...

I present the "Wanderers Handbook"

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fishneedh2o

Thank you for the link My Dear Sister.

Although that book was written by the "instrument" used to bring us a large amount of the "Law of One" material, I find that only about half of the material in the book resonates with me.

Perhaps my awareness could be improved. I am interested to see how others fare with the material.

Peace Out

Traveller

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by traveller
Perhaps my awareness could be improved.

Or perhaps you are aware to a point where it doesn't matter. I've found that I've come to a point where the only "teacher" I know is myself, the me above me. Books, music, general chatter etc. are what we use to hear the voice when we can't hear it otherwise, which is what makes communication so invaluable. This is how we "resonate" with each other. It is the same for all of us.

It isn't even teaching as much as it is remembering.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I know how all of you feel becaus ive had alot of those dreams and feelings aswell. Ive had alot of strange dreams that always have somthing important to show me. First i had to understand that i was feeling other peoples emotions. Then i had to control my anger about other peoples blindness. Then i had to learn that giving somone knowledge that they didnt earn is bad. Now Im dealing with walking that thin line between teaching somone and rapeing them of valuble experiances. Like picking which log is the right size to finnaly let drop on their head for educational purposes.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
i can connect with what some of you guys are reporting.

3 blue orbs in a triangle pointing down in my living room at age 3.

a woman i did not know walked up and told me she wanted to sing my songs. my songs are private and few even know i write them.

many poltergeistic happenings around me

empathy can be very powerful when you are in sales. it's as if you communicate to others in their own voice. always became disillusioned with materialism. abhor negativity. not in sales now after being very successful for a bit.

recently, i started closing my circle and not allowing selfish manipulative people near me. that is a mistake. these people are really enamored by me, but i am tired of hearing the same old, " i'd be happy, if only i had ten million dollars routine" oh and it's ok if you leave a thousand carcasses strewn across your trail getting there, cuz bein rich is all there is and it's your ultimate destiny, regardless of the consequences to others. lot of people are startin to sound the same, but the circle is getting too small.

also i hear music--as if it is coming from the universe or through sacred geometry or something. once it was so loud in the car, i reached for the radio to turn it down, but the radio was not on.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by ogbert]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'd like to thank everyone who has posted to this thread thus far. Not all for your words but rather the emotional content I find. From that I doubt I need to tell any of you how hard a road this can be.

I can't say it has renewed my sense of purpose, but it has allowed me to feel again that I may have a little to share. I hope I come across as earnestly as I feel, and far less pretentious than I fear I might.

But it's not about me, rather a sincere thanks.

One Light, One Love.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MyrTheSeeker

I too am an empath. It is quite agonising a lot of the time. Yes, you feel for people/situations that you don't think you care about, and yes, it is quite upsetting to be in a crowd anywhere because you get blasted by the emotions. I have become a loner because of this, yet ironically I don't want to be alone.

I, too, have lately been drawn to helping the very people I most want to avoid, and I am fighting it, but I am fighting a losing battle.

I am an empath to animals as well, and that makes me so sick. I cannot stand their conditions, or that we kill and eat them, but I still eat meat. Does anyone else feel like this?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
you all seem so confident of having purpose and positive about your experiences. i must admit to being less so.

i sometimes have doubts, does anyone else experience doubts? you guys ever feel like your just going nut's?

also, i must admit that i often get tetchy if i feel someone is drawing a little to heavily on my attention. do any of you experience this.

EDIT:i often feel i understand the motives people have more deeply than the person acting, but i'm not sure if thats projection or paranoia or reality. opinions?

[edit on 14/11/08 by pieman]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

And here I especially thank you for inviting to check out this thread.

Although I admit to not having read all of it, I have read traveller's first accounts, and I have to say that I am very pleased to see yet another example of someone who has felt the urge to go out and find purpose, while admitting apathy and general discontent on what SEEMS as a not-so-right world.

I am also further encouraged by the responses of others, who resonate with this message and strive to share and participate in movements only apparently bigger than ourselves and our possibilities.

We create this world, what is in it, and have an absolute say in where we can take it.
This I believe to be the calling of all of humanity, and while we all get there, as I said once, it is normal that some go before others as we all walk through the jungles and mazes we find in our way.

I started a thread to denounce the alarmisms and sensationalisms that attract and promote "negative" energies and tendencies, and that portray humanity as a bunch of powerless people at the mercy of dark forces they cannot comprehend, except for the "messages" that a select few "share" with us, to whom we should be ever so grateful for the "fight" they undertake for our sake.

I am happy to see that there are other threads of the different kind, such as this one.

I commend Traveller and all who wish to participate in a movement that empowers the individual, that seeks out kinship and fraternity, and that has, as it always should be, the well-being and growth of all our fellow humans at heart and as the first and foremost goal.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by citizenc]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
you all seem so confident of having purpose and positive about your experiences. i must admit to being less so.

i sometimes have doubts, does anyone else experience doubts? you guys ever feel like your just going nut's?

Interesting post. You may get more confidence if you stop comparing yourself with other people in your surroundings. Personally, the moment i did that it changed for the better. We might not have the dog-eat-dog mentality needed to be the top dog in the world as it is today but to be honest i would not want to have it any other way.

The feeling of going nuts is normal because whenever you seem the odd one out and everybody around you is having fun with/is involved in things you are not interested in and vice versa. When you percieve things that seem to shout out at you but the rest is oblivious about it you may feel you are going crazy while it may be you are one of the few who are not crazy. This quote sums it up quite nicely "Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world." - RD Laing, psychiatrist and author (1927-1989). And alas we may not be adjusted

So, just keep on trucking on and everything will be ok.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

thanks for the reply,

it's not that i lack confidence, as such, the uasual self doubts everyone has certainly but i'm not lacking in confidence generally. what i mean is that i am not confident that i have a purpose, i often feel quite -purposeless-, or rather; i feel i have a purpose but i'm not.............i really don't have the words to describe what i mean, i actually feel frustrated trying.

i feel the purpose is there but it's so ill defined that i'm not always sure, it's like an apparition of purpose, like a tug of deja vue that feels more like belonging or confirmation of adherence to a pre-determined path than any concrete direction. it's like a passing scent that's gone so quick that you only have enough time to know it's familiar and pleasant but it's gone before you identify it. kind of a half stirred memory. that's as close as i can get, sorry for the weird description.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Please don't worry about what you are meant to be doing. Go about your life as you normally would, assuming any of you have anything going on that *is* normal! lol! I sure don't...

The only necessary thing right now is to raise your vibration. I know it sounds New Age and stupid but it is truly the single most important thing you can and must do throughout this process. If we perform no other function in our life otherwise, this is essential for moving things in the right direction and making this thing as painless as possible. And it won't be painless in any case so do your best. We're acting as a kind of anti-friction system for the ascension. Do this because of your empathy, because of your compassion, because it's your duty.

And listen to the music. I have to ask people all the time if there really is music somewhere or am I just "imagining" it. lol

Oh yes, pay attention to your dreams too.

And when you get around to it, practise telepathy, please? Contact me that way once you can do it. U2U if you aren't making the connection otherwise. I've been ready for some time and am anxiously awaiting connection with others!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join