It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea to close land border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   

North Korea to close land border

news.bbc.co.uk

The KCNA report added: "The South Korean puppet authorities should never forget that the present inter-Korean relations are at the crucial crossroads of existence and total severance." ...

...Last month North Korea threatened to reduce the South to rubble unless it stopped activists sending anti-Pyongyang leaflets attached to balloons into the communist state.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Does any one else find this slightly worrying?

I mean, they threaten to destroy their neighbor and then shortly after close the border.

Perhaps this is the first attempts to hold back inevitable refugees should N.Korea launch a nuclear attack. There wouldn't really be anywhere for the people of S.Korea to go but North, or evacuate by sea.

Knowing how N.Korea is with its privacy and keeping people out, should this be taken as another warning that they plan to attack the south?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Now lets see how much Russia had to do with this. I think the ties between Russia and North Korea are about to come out to the public along with the fact that Kim Jong Ill has been dead since August. I cannot reveal my source or I would. I only post factual things so please accept what I said as fact.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Breaking news indeed...

But is it just security order for larger scale preparations?

Last time US was "attacked" by terrorist country, they attack very fast to Afghanistan. If we assume that there will be nuclear explosion in US soil in near future, what is widely warned, this can be preparation for coming events.

North Korea maybe have some information, and they are afraid that US sword can hit them after the "Terrorist State Attack" ...

But we should anyway keep our Focus on Korean peninsula in coming weeks and time. And we should know that if there comes this event, I see that North Korea has nothing to do with that in real life... Like Afghanistan havent nothing to do with 911 attacks.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

I can't accept much as fact until I have evidence

But I know what you mean nonetheless.

I saw an interesting image the other day supposedly showing their leader well and standing in a military setting with troops. It was CLEARLY doctored and a completely fake image. Even I could see that as a lowly part-time user of Photoshop! And I could have done a much better job of it too! It really was a mess, with missing lines, mismatched pixels, incorrect shadows...

It made me wonder if the trusted source of the image actually wanted to send a clear message of fact to the outside media. It would not surprise me at all if the military who must by now be in power have executed that poor artist for their accidental (or perhaps deliberate) errors.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
And here I was, thinking we would get some respite from the N. Koreans for awhile. How many potential countries do we have to worry about right now? Oh yeah, all of them. I think we need some isolation from the world for about fifty years, let things cool down.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I'm not so certain that N.Korea has much awareness of what is happening in the rest of the world.

To be "in on" the information, as Brown, Bush, Biden and all the others who've mentioned something on the way are, you need to be attending meetings, having phone discussions, sharing intelligence... and I'm pretty sure N.Korea isn't on a speed-dial from the Oval Office

I guess it could be picked up from mainstream news, but not much has been said in mass media about the coming threat. Not that I've seen anyway.

For now I'm leaving it at the guess that it's just N.Korea preparing to attack the South.
But my opinion might change if I see other nations acting suspiciously, slowly backing out of the room and locking their doors behind them.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
IMO, this is slightly alarming. NK does pose a nuclear threat, and i'm certain the US has plenty of spooks over there closely monitoring the situation. Not that their presence has any posotive or negative effect on the outcome of this situation either way, BUT now that NK has chosen to isolate itself completely, it might be time to really watch the news coming from the korea's a lot more closely.

On the other hand if Kim Jong Ill has been dead since augus, then you can almost bet the house that this is a pre-emtive move towards "going hot" against their neighbors to the south. But, I'm not entirely sure i accept that as fact yet. Not saying it would surprise, in fact the opposite. LeaderofProgress, theres only a few people on here whose word i take for dead fact and strait up truth... and you havent made that cut yet my friend... not trying to be mean spirited buddy, just the truth.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
this is the first time in about 5 years i don't think the US has anything to do with it..could be wrong though!
maybe it's the fact that N.Korea is a little bit to far away from the middle east, what, in my opinion, isn't enough of a priority for the US.

they can be above the law and stuff, but they can't be in two places at once, with a full-strenght army.

it's a good thing to know there are people thinking about the other side of the world too.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
the only proof or relevance of proof I can give you is one term "zippernet". Hopefully that helps my reliability. Any more than that and I might loose my very reliable source. No offense taken by the way. I will gain trust as a reliable source.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by LeaderOfProgress]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I thought their borders were always closed and that North Korea was one of the more inaccessible countries in the world? This is odd.... I do think it has to do with Kim Jong Il and his failing / failed health. I don't think they are necessarily getting ready to obliterate Seoul just yet.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Kim Kong is one unusual cat. He is obsessed with Hollywood film and keeps a library of everything he can gets his hands on and apparently (not sure if there is actualllly truth to this but it is too funny not to mention) he loved his character in South Park. Now that cartoon pushed the limits of offensive even in liberal western countries.
maybe the old fellow has a sense of humur after all.
He is the authentic Bond villian. What a character. It's unbeleivable that his regime didn't work out a way to benefit from the weath of the south.
The DMZ is the most untouched strip of land in asia and one of the only wildernesses ;eft as no one sets foot in there due to the land mines.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
This is very interesting to me. In 1992, many senior NCO's were called into our First Sergeant's office and he told us that at some time, the US military would be required to fight two wars, one in the Muslim areas and another at the same time in Korea. Just saying........

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

That is funny. In 1996, we were given an intel brief on the situation in North Korea. I believe it was finally declassified so they could give it to us since we weren't exactly front line guys. So it was probably the same report you were given in 1992. Essentially, the nation was on the verge of collapse and they would either trigger a war or starve to death. We had a close eye on them to ensure that they weren't going to start a war. The prospects of a war with them wasn't exactly appealing either. Maybe the time has come?

I still think the time passed though. They would have done something earlier. I think this is more related to the passing of their leader who is viewed as a god there. I believe they closed the borders when Kim Jong Il's predecessor died as well.

new topics

top topics

join