It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know that Hiroshma and Nagasaki were legitimate military targets?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The Japs weren't exactly shy in using WMD in China. it has been noted that the emperor himself authorised the use of Gas over 300 times. Look up 'Battle of Changde"

They used different variants of the plague without thought on the Chinese.

Even our own POW's were used for experiments. Time to start in regarding the absolute evil that the Japanese were that includes the civilians in Japan that allowed this to happen.

Don't start what you can't finish

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ethics? What ethics?

In war, you leave your ethics behind at home.

Let's see. Use the bombs and take out a couple hundred thousand? That isn't good.

Don't use the bombs and fifteen to twenty million die? That's worse.

Back to option ONE.

No ethics involved. Just plain common sense.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by prototism

No matter that Japan's Unit 731 experimented on 350,000 Chinese and 40,000 Allied POWs often performing live dissections without anesthetic, testing Botulism, Bubonic plague, Typhus and attempted to use Balloons to spread diseases like these to USA ?

Not withstanding that the Japanese royal family, four princes of whom were present at the rape of Nanking and ordered the execution of 350,000 defenceless civilians and staged bayoneting competitions with the victims ?

Not withstanding the beheading of POWs and use of women from conquered nations as sex slaved comfort women ?

Notwithstanding that Japan was importing uranium from Germany by U-boat for it's own A-bomb project, which according to US Army intelligence officer David Snell who interviewed Prince Chichuba incognito at Seoul in September 1945 and learned that Japan successfully test blasted it's own A-bomb in Korea ?

An atrocity is an atrocity, no matter how much tactical justification there is to support it.

Gee what an elastic sense of morality you have ?

I have little pity...

Japan's chief nuclear scientist Dr Yoshio nishina flew to Hiroshima the day after it's devistation, confirmed it as a nuclear blast and then advised the Japanese Government not to capitulate as USA could not possibly have a second A-bomb and Japan's own A-bomb was ready for use.

[read "Japan's Secret War" by my friend Robert K Wilcox]

[edit on 23-11-2008 by sy.gunson]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Now you see? I think I just learned some things I'd never heard. I'll get the book and research the material.

Thanks for the post.

There really is a right and a wrong.

For most of us.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Most of the vets that fought in the Pacific will tell you they were glad that the bombs were dropped, because they knew that the invasion would be bloody for them and the Japanese.

If I was a soldier, on a ship, about to land and fight for my life, against a multitude of angry guys with guns, swords and grenades, and also enemy planes overhead, with machine guns and bombs; you can bet your left arm if you asked me, or any of the guys with me about wether we should drop that nuke, there would not be a no.
It's ok now, from the comfort of your living rooms and office chairs to complain about the 'attrocity' of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but faced with the probable likelyhood of maiming or painfull death for you and your fellow countrymen, you are going to opt to increase your chances of survival. If it totally knocks the will out of them to fight, even better. It doesn't matter at that moment in time how many enemy die, or who they are: they are all enemy, and the less of them there are, the better.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join