It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did ATS become the new Neo-Con hangout?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Interesting thread.

Basically, what the left wing is saying is "leave the guy alone"

And the right wing is saying "no, he's fair game"

But thats based on the premise of "you said this about our guy, so now its our turn to rip into yours"

And the people who - up until the election - were complaining about the Bush bashing being uncalled for and so unfair have suddenly had a massive change of heart, and decided to do exactly the same thing they've been complaining about for the past 8 years, which is kinda hypocritical.

But also, the people who have been attacking Bush for the past 8 years are being kinda hypcritical in their claims that the treatment of Obama is unfair.

Two wrongs don't make a right, do they?

There is a massive difference between conspiracy theory and what amounts to smearing for the sake of it.

Conspiracy theory is fine, if its intelligent, well written and has a modicum of sense to it - in fact its the "core" element of ATS and what drives the site - but if something is being said purely for the sake of doing it, then it only fosters ill will and bad feeling, and whats being seen on the board at the moment is an awful lot of "for the sake of it" stuff.

I realise that its a passionate subject for some people. I also realise that for others its a coma inducing snooze fest. Personally, I think BOTH sides need to take off their tinted glasses, have a nice cup of tea and relax a bit.

Please note the disclaimer around this post

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The way to solve the problem is to just ignore them when they post utter nonsense and only respond to threads that offer something. That way they will soon learn that we don't care for ignorance and outright lies. We have to train the neo-cons on how to behave in the real world because they seem to be stuck in some alternative reality of terrorist fist bumps and Muslim Christians.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
yep, the OP nailed it. And when you accuse these neocon apologists they claim that"if we dont like this, then we're that" and basically making generalizations of things that were never called upon them.

Its idiotic, immature and all things that can be labelled to the denialist bush voter of 2000 and 2004. Theres plenty of em, how they got to the forum I will never understand, but yes they are here, and folks will just have to deal with the lower IQs to get their messages across.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Since when is this site for Democrats? As an Independant, I am bothered by Obama by thing things that are coming out of their mouths and with the makup of his cabinet. With an Isreali citizen as his CoS we must be worried about his actual power. I have never heard an isreali dual citizen that is USA first. This is almost a guarantee that will see a pro war Obama admin with Iran in its sights. No US secrets will be unknown to Isreal (scary). As a person that drank the republican koolaid for years I now feel for the palistinians (sp). Rocks vs. rockets, not a fair fight.

As long as obama is aligned or should I say controlled by these folks we are in trouble. I personally have never seen Obama as someone different than the current folks in control, I guess it is more like a tag-team match, the just went in for the tag so the Obama admin can finish us off. IMAO

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
"If I see another post from a religious nut with pages upon pages of random bible quotes than quite ironically dont mean anything out of context and in truth demonstrate nothing but a lack of free thinking then Im gonna puke" -- Retzius

I already did. Reason used to be a desirable thing. What happened?

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Office 4256]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by retzius

Do you know about BELOWtopsecret.com?
It's more fun, sometimes.

Is everything on BTS fake and false then? kinda like the Onion? or is some of it true?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Awesome post. Summed up well.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

I said fun not stupid or fake.

As what some would call a religious person and Obama scrutinizer, I would like to say that
I have not been generous to Bush in my railings on the Franklin case, the Bohemian grove, patriot acts 1 and 2, crackdown on protests, Iraq, illegal surveillance, and lots more.
Am I a neocon? Thanks.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I think our country needs a black president, we should also change the statue of liberty to aunt jemima holding a chicken wing. Nothing entertains me more then a bunch of white supremisists living in a black neighborhood.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mls11.11

Not sure I agree with the whole "aunt jemima chicken wing" thing, but it is fun to watch bigots squirm. I'll give you that.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Are ya'll calling me a racist?
that is two lines.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

He may have been, I wasn't. I was just commenting on his post and agreeing that it has been fun to watch it all transpire.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
lol gimme a break i'm a college student i write papers that professors grade every day...taking 21 credits this semester at PSU.

i don't have time to proof read my ATS posts you god daym dork. lmao!

face it, you are talking a bunch of non sense.

about some arab king I could give 2 **SNIP** about

about how America sucks and this and that oh please get a life!

America doesn't suck you're crazy to think that. We are the only ones doing anything. Europe has retired. Asia is a mess. Africa, aids infected mess.

Wow!

I knew the American education system was pretty darn bad... but wow. I can't even say for sure whether you're actually being serious or just doing some sort of parody, a Steven Colbert sort of thing, you know? Must be!!!

[edit on 12/11/08 by Navieko]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

What about 'bigot'?

I'll admit, there are a LOT of conservatives (I am a conservative) who don't believe Bush did anything wrong, but.........WHY can't you look past that and PROVIDE INFORMATION that is worthy enough to help them see the truth?

Simple enough, if someone doesn't 'get it', state the facts and let them interpret them as they may. That's the beauty of ATS.
Start your own thread, the way you like (according to the T&C, of course).

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
says Navieko, the liberal loon

go watch MSNBC, SNL, South Park, John Stewart, Colbert, CNN, read the NY Times, every other major Newspaper, Liberal magazines, sit through a lecture from one of my 6 liberal professors, watch the major Nightly news anchors follow Obama to Europe, watch a youtube video of celebrities SINGING an Obama speech he didn't even write.

You want to wave the white flag in Iraq, surrender like girls.

That's what your all fighting for? All the newspapers, the TV shows, the thinking heads, you fight for defeat? You fight for a cowards way out? Democrats are pathetic. LOL.

now you begin to enter my world.

again, I am superior to you if only because I am a conservative by default I am smarter than a liberal loon.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by ConservativeJack]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

I don't know what you are talking about. I was just agreeing that it has been fun to see some bigots get upset about Obama winning.

I know I've overheard a few conversations already with people freaking out about a black Muslim being president. It's great, they're having little mini, unnecessary, ignorant panic attacks. It's funny, that's all.

No need to start a thread about that.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Not wishing to insult people but some Americans on this website are the most egotistical, delusional, self rightous, mis-informed people I have ever came across. They seem to believe they are the chosen ones and America is the holy land, it must be down to the dumbing down of the educational system in the states.

Having said that I cant and wont judge all of them, because there a some who use reason and sound judgement, as well as facts in their arguments and this is probably not the best site to guage a nation based on their opinions. (hopefully)

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Horus12]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

He got a star for that post? Someone gave him a star? On this forum?

I better get 5 for this one.

Watch this:

I am sm4rterZ th4n U becuZ i amz liberal and U be consrvtive.

How many stars do I get for that?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Damn skippy. This site is a pile of trash now and chalk full of disgusting hypocrites from the yesteryears. It's a damn shame too, and I've lost all hope in seeing the interesting and highly researched threads reach the hottest topics for longer than a few hours. They're only cannon fodder for the generic "Obama Blows" thread which instantly gets filled with vitriol which propels it into the limelight for all to enjoy.

It's a vicious circle, one that I can't actively participate in anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join