It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did ATS become the new Neo-Con hangout?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
So, ATS is more than the HuffPo, DailyKOS, and the rest of the sociolib sites you supposedly equate it to. Guess that's a big compliment to the people who frequent this site. They aren't stuck on one track that veers sharply to the left. I've personally read posts that'd make Bill Ayers or Tim McVeigh proud.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101
reply to post by retzius

this is an alternative topics site ... a site where you can post topics that you won't normally find in the mainstream ... things everyone's wondering, but can't post it anywhere else due to the fact they might get looked down upon ... this site is for these thoughts and are posted for legitimate discussions

as a side note though, when i see a bunch of threads basically saying the same things like the overthrow the government ones for example that ticks me off cuz there are already so many threads to post your thoughts on the subject it gets annoying ... just my 2 cents

[edit on 11-11-2008 by baseball101]

I agree this is the site for posting alternative thoughts..

But how alternative is it when the same topic is posted over and over again day after day ad nauseum..

Its like when I see teenagers all trying to look "different" which ironically makes them all look the same.

Not for me though, I am the only guy with the earlobe expander and lip piercing.

Oh wait.. damn

Ret

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I actually like Obama and hope he is not the AntiChrist .End times are interesting but I really dont wish for it to come that quick ...even though things are messed up out here in the world ..I wish we could just have a nice little friendly world but it isnt gonna happen ...so I am just biding time before it all just blows up ..which it will ...I wont be happy that the end times is here though ..it is going to be horrible and get even worse than now ..that is not something I look forward to .
I also hate guns and would not care at all if everyone (Including the GOV) did not have them at all .And I dont complain about abortion because they will do it anyway no matter how I feel about it >If they can live with it afterwards then so be it .

And I do not like nor believe like the REAL neocons either ...

Oh forgot one ..the reason for most of the bible quotes most of the time is because alot of people will say something like "I have noticed most Christians do not post scripture to back up what they are saying "
Then someone else comes along in the next post and says "All you do is post scripture and shove it down our throats etc etc " sheeshh ..darned if we do and darned if we dont ...
So I do .....you can only please some of the people some of the time ..you cant please all of the people all of the time ..

[edit on 11-11-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I doubt that Obama is the antichrist. I don't think we'll be seeing 1,000 years of peace soon. That's just a daydream.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
[this is an alternative topics site ... a site where you can post topics that you won't normally find in the mainstream ... things everyone's wondering, but can't post it anywhere else due to the fact they might get looked down upon ... this site is for these thoughts and are posted for legitimate discussions]

Did you know that on the last THREE Christian message boards I was on ..Any discussion of the ANTICHRIST was forbidden ..It is in most of the last Churches that I attended too ..Even my best friend who goes to Church at least three times a week (Every single thing they have she is there) they do not discuss it either ..is not permitted ...
I can see how even they will be deceived by him since most dont even want to pay attention to whos doing what in this world ......

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

4. Extremely long post of bible passages about why we need to bow down to Jesus
That was so funny.lol.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I doubt that Obama is the antichrist. I don't think we'll be seeing 1,000 years of peace soon. That's just a daydream.

LOL i agree, but wait..

Dont hijack this thread and turn it into another Obama Anti-Christ discussion.

That whole point of this thread is that we need some new topics again..

Man you are good..

You must have worked on the Obama mind control, I mean election team

Just kidding, have a good night my friend.

Ret

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by retzius
Hello there.

I have noticed a strange change in ATS over the last few weeks..

It seems like every other thread is one of the following:

1. Obama the antichrist
2. Obama the terrorist
3. Obama dictatorship
5. Posts about "you cant pry my guns from my cold dead hands"
6. Posts about Obama the Zionist

etc. etc. etc.

I like this site. Some good ideas, free thinkers, and off the wall ideas.

But this is strange. Its like every bible thumpin, gun totin republican migrated here.

Well, welcome to ATS i guess

If I see another post from a religious nut with pages upon pages of random bible quotes than quite ironically dont mean anything out of context and in truth demonstrate nothing but a lack of free thinking then Im gonna puke

And no, I dont want to take your guns.

Maybe Obama was right, maybe Americans due turn to guns and religion when they are insecure..

And I didnt even vote for the guy..

Heres hoping we get some fun and free thinking back in ATS

Ret

Heh!! I've been saying this, or something very similar, for a good year or so. Unfortunately, ATS seems to have atracted more than it's fair share of right-wing crazies and bible thumping wierdos.

Why?

I'm not really sure. But I for one have never taken it lying down - this site is way too cool to see it run down and ruined by obstreperous, intellectually challenged hayseeds...

Keep up the good work.

J.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Originally posted by retzius
Hello there.

I have noticed a strange change in ATS over the last few weeks..

It seems like every other thread is one of the following:

1. Obama the antichrist
2. Obama the terrorist
3. Obama dictatorship
5. Posts about "you cant pry my guns from my cold dead hands"
6. Posts about Obama the Zionist

etc. etc. etc.

I like this site. Some good ideas, free thinkers, and off the wall ideas.

But this is strange. Its like every bible thumpin, gun totin republican migrated here.

Well, welcome to ATS i guess

If I see another post from a religious nut with pages upon pages of random bible quotes than quite ironically dont mean anything out of context and in truth demonstrate nothing but a lack of free thinking then Im gonna puke

And no, I dont want to take your guns.

Maybe Obama was right, maybe Americans due turn to guns and religion when they are insecure..

And I didnt even vote for the guy..

Heres hoping we get some fun and free thinking back in ATS

Ret

Heh!! I've been saying this, or something very similar, for a good year or so. Unfortunately, ATS seems to have atracted more than it's fair share of right-wing crazies and bible thumping wierdos.

Why?

I'm not really sure. But I for one have never taken it lying down - this site is way too cool to see it run down and ruined by obstreperous, intellectually challenged hayseeds...

Keep up the good work.

J.

Thx

On a side note, I was watching a discussion among Republican party leaders earlier this week and they were discussing why they lost the election. I too am a Republican (in concept.. not what is has become lately)

They were trying to figure out how their party got aligned with the bible thumping, militia forming crazies that buy stuff from an army surplus stores and run around looking for signs of the apocalypse. The consensus was that the general public is showing a shift in consciousness and that these groups are now so "off center" that it is political suicide to be seen as allied with them.

It seems that the Republican party is gonna see some major shifts in the next few years.

Just a guess, but many of these Neo-Cons are going to find themselves with no party that "wants" them in the next election.

Oh well, at least they got their guns..

Ret

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Wonder how interesting it would be with just a few subjects .And everyone on the same page with no NEW ideas or opinions ..sounds kinda boring doesnt it ?
Maybe you should make a suggestion to have them delete any Christian in Religion sections,Esoteric Agendas,Any Conspiricy related article that has any thing in it about end times events ...or any similar sections so it does not draw us in .

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Well Obama people, your guy won and that ticked off a lot of people. About half the country, as a matter of fact. So just be happy your party is in power and suck it up and be a man when it comes to the angry losers. They had their chance. That's what an election is. My guy lost in 2004. Was it because Bush is an evil reptilian Illuminati wizard? Nahh... It's because Kerry SUCKED. He had his chance. The best man won. I moved on. I woke up the next day and went to work. So here we are 4 years later. I've been very nice to my conservative friends and carry myself with a degree of humility when it comes to political discussions. I live in Oklahoma, so I am pretty much the odd man out in any political discussion anyways.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Wonder how interesting it would be with just a few subjects .And everyone on the same page with no NEW ideas or opinions ..sounds kinda boring doesnt it ?
Maybe you should make a suggestion to have them delete any Christian in Religion sections,Esoteric Agendas,Any Conspiricy related article that has any thing in it about end times events ...or any similar sections so it does not draw us in .

Thats not the point of the thread.

I want a VAST array of ideas and opinions.

Not just the same thread over and over and over and over..

Obama is the Anti-Christ.. there I said it.. should we post another thread about it..

Ret

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
They got aligned with those Bible thumping crazies because they sought it. I was reading a article on Huffington Post last month, *gasp* 'libtard'. And the son of a Evangelical(I think) leader wrote a book and was talking about how his father among other popular Evangelical leaders were courted by the right win in the 70's through 80's. I wish I could find the link for the life of me.

reply to post by Rotoplooker

Half the country you say? Last time I checked 57,944,946 votes was only 19.3% of the population( If our population is 300,000,000).

[edit on 11-11-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by retzius

I agree. Obama is not the anti-christ. I don't want this forum to become a left vs right kind of forum. There are political boards for where right wingers can go on and bash Obama all they want. There are conservatives here that I respect but I wish that the people that just want to come on here to bash Obama should just get lost.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Can you tell us your definition of "neocon"?

This is line 2.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by retzius

I agree. Obama is not the anti-christ. I don't want this forum to become a left vs right kind of forum. There are political boards for where right wingers can go on and bash Obama all they want. There are conservatives here that I respect but I wish that the people that just want to come on here to bash Obama should just get lost.

I am a Republican.. My guy lost..

And I totally agree with you..

I want this board to have some original ideas again and not get stuck in the left versus right rut..

Sadly, "Obama conspiracies" to me show a lack of any original thought..

That has got to be the most obvious target for conspiracy theories ever...

Ret

PS - on a side note, I hope the Republican party really does go back to being the Republican party.. not the bible beater gun party.. their whole notion of the "true America" being "Joe Six Pack" is so condescending to Americans with any intellectual or creative individualism

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
[I hope the Republican party really does go back to being the Republican party]

They wont ...and in fact now the necons on the left will be doing their thing from the Democratic side .

I do believe that both parties are all working towards the same goals (whatever the grand plan is ) I do believe there are rich bankers,senators,world leaders etc on all sides running the show from BOTH SIDES ..

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Here's the deal though. Some of us are so anti-politics, that we are going to think Obama is just part 44 of a (quantity x) installment of puppets that are put in place to keep us in submission.

Wanna hear my new theory on Obama? It includes eight years of Bush, and why he did what he did ...

Oh, and I'm not Bible thumping, but I think every Republican and Democrat shoud own guns.

edited because of my stupidity.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by AHostileMe]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AHostileMe

This pretty much sums it up:

Neo-Con - A shortened term and insult for "new conservative", which unlike the traditional conservative, is more about conserving "moral" values (pro-life, no stem cell research, prayer in school...but very much in favor of the death penalty) over traditional conservative values. Traditional conservatives do not identify with neo-cons because some of the actions of this movement are deemed to destroy the economy, environment, civil liberties, privacy and the essence of a free society in favor of a few in the class of power and it favors a vocal minority of the religious Right. The neo-cons are viewed as blinded from seeing the whole picture because they can only see their own mission and refuse to see anything else.

www.information-entertainment.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by retzius

Hey - there's always the KKK or the Nazi Party of America, plus a few oithers I'm sure.

Thing is: I'm not particularily interested in having fireside chats with them here on ATS. Probably any more than you are I imagine.

And heck - I'm as left as left gets (well, at least by american standards
)

J.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join