It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did ATS become the new Neo-Con hangout?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+68 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hello there.

I have noticed a strange change in ATS over the last few weeks..

It seems like every other thread is one of the following:

1. Obama the antichrist
2. Obama the terrorist
3. Obama dictatorship
4. Extremely long post of bible passages about why we need to bow down to Jesus
5. Posts about "you cant pry my guns from my cold dead hands"
6. Posts about Obama the Zionist

etc. etc. etc.

I like this site. Some good ideas, free thinkers, and off the wall ideas.

But this is strange. Its like every bible thumpin, gun totin republican migrated here.

Well, welcome to ATS i guess

If I see another post from a religious nut with pages upon pages of random bible quotes than quite ironically dont mean anything out of context and in truth demonstrate nothing but a lack of free thinking then Im gonna puke

And no, I dont want to take your guns.

Maybe Obama was right, maybe Americans due turn to guns and religion when they are insecure..

And I didnt even vote for the guy..

Heres hoping we get some fun and free thinking back in ATS

Ret

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I've only been on ATS for about a week and I hadn't realized that we are forced to go to and read threads by people we genuinely dislike and disagree with. Maybe I got the new freedom from mind control package.
I do agree that things are a bit glum right now but tensions do run high around election time.
Cheer up. I was in a store for 20 minutes yesterday and had to listen to an extended disco version of "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer.
No ignore button either.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
I've only been on ATS for about a week and I hadn't realized that we are forced to go to and read threads by people we genuinely dislike and disagree with. Maybe I got the new freedom from mind control package.
I do agree that things are a bit glum right now but tensions do run high around election time.
Cheer up. I was in a store for 20 minutes yesterday and had to listen to an extended disco version of "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer.
No ignore button either.

Well I wish you were here ealier..

Every other thread wasnt about Obamanation, Obama-Hitler, Obama-Satan, Obama-Antichrist, Obama-Hussein..

etc.

etc.

There used to be fun theories, fun discussion

Not just pissed off conservatives. Hell, my guy lost the election but do we really need the 57th post in 2 days about the Obama Antichrist?

Yes we do, and i got bible quotes to prove it!!

Lol, kidding

Ret

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by retzius

Do you know about BELOWtopsecret.com?
It's more fun, sometimes.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I've been thinking the same thing! I agree completely.
But I wouldn't be surprised if you get attacked real soon for posting something like that. lol.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
BTS is fun in a different way.. But that doesnt mean we cant make ATS enjoyable again.

To reiterate my point here are the new threads on the side bar..

Obama dictatorship
Obama Hitler
Obama identifed as Satan by Jesus
Obama and Palin death threats
Obama assassination predictions
Obama home land army prediction

and alarmingly

Posts about how great home town militias are and how we need to arm ourselves

Timothy McVeigh would be proud

Ret

PS - I wasnt abducted by aliens last night and I didnt film a UFO, but I wish I had so I could post about it

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by retzius

It's not so much a Neocon thing, it's more a "rail against the establishment" sorta thing. Whomever is in power is under close scrutiny, especially on sites like ATS, and ergo receive a whole pile of angry posts/comments.
If McCain'd won, or if he'd been the one leading the polls in the weeks leading up to the election, you might be asking when ATS had been overrun by "Libtards" cuz McCain would be the Antichrist or promoting a dictatorship or whatever.

You should've seen all the "Libtards" here four years ago. You could barely find a "Neocon" to save your life.

It'll be like this for the next 4 years, then whoever wins in '12 will be the soup du jour and it'll start all over again. Might as well settle in and learn about human behavior in the group setting while you're here.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm glad you survived your ordeal of people posting theories and thoughts about the new President.

Imagine that eh?

Oh a conspiracy forum no less.

I'm sure all your dreams will come true and with this post we will see 8 years of no one thinking about the president of the the most powerful country on earth.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Maybe Obama was right, maybe Americans due turn to guns and religion when they are insecure..

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who noticed that.

You think when any of them justified their vote for guns, abortion, or God they realized the contradiction of their earlier critique of his quote?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I'm glad you survived your ordeal of people posting theories and thoughts about the new President.

Imagine that eh?

Oh a conspiracy forum no less.

I'm sure all your dreams will come true and with this post we will see 8 years of no one thinking about the president of the the most powerful country on earth.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Maybe because this is one of the best places to come talk about stuff that is not mainstream?

BTW, Neo-con =/= gun toting bible thumping redneck.

I am not a neocon, but I believe in our rights as Americans, as do most CONSERVATIVES. I also believe in the end times stuff, but I am not pushing for it to happen. It interests me greatly.

Is Obama the antichrist? Who knows, but it sure is intriguing.

Sounds to me like you are just tired of the Obama bashing, which does not make sense as he has only been on the big scene for a little while . . . meanwhile Bush had 8 years to get roasted.

How many threads were there in the past (and even now) concerning Bush being the real terrorist . . . or wanting to set up a dictatorship?

Let me get you a tissue . . . be right back

[edit on 11/11/2008 by xxpigxx]

link   

Originally posted by whiskeyswiller

You figured me out. That was the point of my post.

It was a secret hope. But your erudite observations have been too much for me.

BTW I have a theory. Obama is the Antichrist!

Never heard that one before I bet. Discuss.

Ret

link   
reply to post by whiskeyswiller

Not every forum on this board is a conspiracy forum. See my post here:

Partial Solution to the Elephant in the Room

There is a reason that they added the forum "Political Conspiracies". It is so that people who have thoughts on a politician or event can post them up without needed 100% verifiable proof to back it up. Unfortunately, people have deemed it okay to post up their conspiracy like thoughts all across the board as if it is fact.

I don't find that to be okay, but it's not my board... I just post here.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It was an memo that said this was the place to be!

Seriously, part of it is the nature of the election. Lots of mud slinging by both sides. One side lost and is unhappy. The other side is in power now and this being more of a conspiracy its pretty natural for some wild things about the side in power to pop up here.

Maybe it all one sided like you say..

I mean surely ATS has never ever sported threads about the possiblity of...

Bush being a Reptilian
Bush declaring himself dictator
Bush stopping the election and declaring martial law

Oh wait.. I found all of those just now using search right here on ATS.

Bush is going out so naturally threads about him are on the decline. Obama is on the way in so threads about him are on the rise.

Its fairly pretty natural around here it seems.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by anachryon

It's not so much a Neocon thing, it's more a "rail against the establishment" sorta thing. Whomever is in power is under close scrutiny, especially on sites like ATS, and ergo receive a whole pile of angry posts/comments.
If McCain'd won, or if he'd been the one leading the polls in the weeks leading up to the election, you might be asking when ATS had been overrun by "Libtards" cuz McCain would be the Antichrist or promoting a dictatorship or whatever.

You should've seen all the "Libtards" here four years ago. You could barely find a "Neocon" to save your life.

It'll be like this for the next 4 years, then whoever wins in '12 will be the soup du jour and it'll start all over again. Might as well settle in and learn about human behavior in the group setting while you're here.

LOL I think youre right.

Good to see someone who still has a sense of humor around here.

The Neo-Cons are so serious. I think they have anger issues.

Gotta go, my militia and I are discussing the "end of days"

Ret

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'm noticing the same thing too. I have a theory that the next four years on ATS will mirror the last 8 years in that the people posting theories will be from the right and they'll use the same attack points we used on Bush. I think we should deny ignorance, we should look for real conspiracies against or by the state or other governments around the world, and, if we see an ignorant post counter it with intelligence.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Why oh Why do American's forget that ATS is a WORLDWIDE Internet site with people from all countries visiting and contributing.

I am from Australia, you know that giant land-mass located in the southern hemisphere that is equal in size to the United States! There are also people here from the UK, all parts of Europe, New Zealand, Africa and the list goes on.

The world (and ATS) does not exclusively revolve around America you know, just a heads up.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

LOL I think youre right.

Good to see someone who still has a sense of humor around here.

Sense of humor? I'm dead serious! SkepticOverlord himself could be elected President and there would be ATS threads that he'd sold out and would start wantonly banning American citizens left and right the moment he was inaugurated.

It's the nature of the beast. We question everything 'round here, and that includes those in power no matter if there's an R or a D after their name. Those with the most power get the most questioning and therefore get the largest, angriest mobs with the sharpest pitchforks.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Why oh Why do American's forget that ATS is a WORLDWIDE Internet site with people from all countries visiting and contributing.

I am from Australia, you know that giant land-mass located in the southern hemisphere that is equal in size to the United States! There are also people here from the UK, all parts of Europe, New Zealand, Africa and the list goes on.

The world (and ATS) does not exclusively revolve around America you know, just a heads up.

You are wrong. ATS is all the a puppet of the ATS Obama-Christ thought experiment to push American superiority. This bible quote is proof!

In Luke 10:18 Jesus states,

“I beheld Satan as Lightning fall from Heaven.”

"How does a Jewish Rabbi, which Jesus is credited with being (John 1:38), say in HEBREW, that Satan is like LIGHTNING from heaven? Barack, also transliterated as Baraq in Hebrew, is LIGHTNING (Strongs Hebrew word
1300)

LOL Im just kidding my friend. I just always wanted to do that..

I agree with you and your point is part of what I am trying to say!

A little intellectual diversity here would be nice again. Now back to my Obama threads..

Gotta post another!

Ret

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by retzius

this is an alternative topics site ... a site where you can post topics that you won't normally find in the mainstream ... things everyone's wondering, but can't post it anywhere else due to the fact they might get looked down upon ... this site is for these thoughts and are posted for legitimate discussions

as a side note though, when i see a bunch of threads basically saying the same things like the overthrow the government ones for example that ticks me off cuz there are already so many threads to post your thoughts on the subject it gets annoying ... just my 2 cents

[edit on 11-11-2008 by baseball101]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join