It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe None of Them Are Terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Just read an article from The Guardian talking about what's going on at Gitmo. It's terrible. Many of them were simply guilty of being in the wrong place and yet they are still being held. It's wrong. Rumsfeld obviously does not consider these people to be human.

Don't get me wrong, if we can prove someone has been involved in terrorist acts, then we should prosecute them to the fullest extent. Otherwise, we should let them go.

Maybe none of them are terrorists

Even the US military's own lawyers realise Guantánamo is an own goal

Isabel Hilton
Wednesday March 31, 2004
The Guardian

Consider this theoretical possibility: if no weapons of mass destruction have been found in Iraq, is it also possible that there are no al-Qaida terrorists in Guantánamo? It seems far fetched, put so bluntly. If only by chance, it would seem likely that some of the detainees might be terrorists. The US secretary of defence, Donald Rumsfeld, argues that the inhumane incarceration, the secrecy and the abuse of any principles of justice are all justified by the fact that these prisoners are the hardest of hard cases. But given what we know of those who have been released, the refusal of the US to open the evidence to challenge, and the secrecy that surrounds the prison and all who languish there, the proposition is worth considering. And since none of us have been allowed to know much, it is worth listening to those who know a little more.
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
God only knows what is happening over in Gitmo.

I heard the US troops were bringing prostitutes to the prison cells and taunting the prisoners with them.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
When you have a government that is supposed to defend you against terrorism, but also exaggerates or fakes the threat of it such as with Iraq, lots of questions have to come to mind for any cognitive person about just how real the threat is.

I suspect a large majority, if not everybody incarcerated at Guantánamo Bay are actually political prisoners and not truly a threat to anybody. Except for perhaps the threat to governments that fake such a threat and don't want anybody to know they are doing so.

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
God only knows what is happening over in Gitmo.

I heard the US troops were bringing prostitutes to the prison cells and taunting the prisoners with them.

From where did you hear this?

new topics

top topics

join