It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Obama views 'have serious implications for Israel'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Report: Obama views 'have serious implications for Israel'

www.worldtribune.com

TEL AVIV — U.S. President-elect Barack Obama can be expected to have a rocky relationship with Israel, according to a new report.

The Begin-Sadat Center cited Obama's plans to withdraw U.S. troops from Iraq and reconcile with Iran and Syria in concluding that the forthcoming Obama administration was likely to clash with the next Israeli government.

"Obama's preferences regarding Iran and Iraq have serious implications for Israel,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
And so it begins... could it possibly be the start of a campaign to highlight the new president elect's views about Israel heralding in grounds for a strike by Tel Aviv into Iran before the new government takes office in January???

The article goes on to say that ..."the report envisioned a Middle east crises at the onset of the Obama administration". It seems to tie in nicely with the discussions which have taken place on ATS about the next move in the end game and hey now even Israel is warning about a possible Crises when Obama takes office.

www.worldtribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
If this is the case then why choose an Israeli as your chief of staff?

Unless his chief of staff is going to roll over on his own people.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I say it's about time we cut off all funding/support for Israel.
Let me ask you this, what have our billions of dollars gotten us in return? Think about that question really hard.

And no, I am not an anti-semitic so I'll nip that accusation in the butt right now.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Good. I think it's high time Israel is called to the carpet.
There's two sides to the middle east conflict, and one is treated with kid gloves.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by maudeeb]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Both Obama and Emmanuel want peace in the region. In order to get it there has to be some change in Isreal. They need to stop being on the offensive and they need to give up territory that they stole. They need to get the arab states to recognize palestine. Isrerali land is the land that they were given post holocaust, not the land they held 1000 years ago, that they keep fighting to reclaim. If you go on that premise, then we would have to give the Indians back all the land the US settlers stole from them.

I am pro Isreal and Jews, but anti the war mongering Isreali power structure. They bring much of the hate upon themselves against the wishes of most Jews.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Race, religious intolerance and fear are 3 things which shape foreign policy right now, also the unjustified support of one religious or ethnic group or favoring over the other will always create a situation where in any bargaining scenario we will be perceived as biased and the outcome will always favor the state of Israel in any matter.

Now with that said all citizens of the immediate area of the region of Jerusalem are technically semites not only jews, it is time to move past the childish stance that one religion is better or superior in some way, also any efforts to overtake the Temple Mount and reconquer need to be taken out of the mainstream thought processes, there must be a way to equally have a stake in that sacred location.

I am hopeful that at some point the outwardly racist ideologies that drive U.S. foreign policy are tamped down and out.

I am waiting when all people can be treated just as that and as equal members of the human race, there is a way and the way is to start off with doing away with the unequal bias the U.S. has in reference to the situation and not take any sides, become a neutral negotiator and facilitate rebuilding as human beings, not religious hippocrates or holier than thou statesmen that outwardly and behind the scenes collaborate unevenly on one side, I am hoping that the approach from here on out progresses completely from the middle and proceeds forward unbiased, because up until this point all the other underhanded slick policies have proven to be futile in evoking some sort of civil solution.

One reason why the middle east might seem radical is that they actually fear the west and fear what might become of them in their own land the same fate as did the American Indian, and the Africans in their own lands, being conquered, owned and potentially eradicated, as long as we continue hard line, we will get nothing but hard line back, it is time we stop acting like cowboys and join the 21st century and stop waging war on those that might be militarily weaker or who are different from the stereotype that we have set for perfection or righteousness, no man or country is perfect.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by phinubian]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It would be moronic, for Israel to go unilateral and piss off the Obama admin...

Because... He's going to load his cabinet up with Jews...

One thing Obama stated was "I will reignite the Jewish Black Alliance"

Which translates to... I have a positive stereo type of Jews, which is kind of racist but not in a way as a Jew I ever mind...

Obama is going and in process of Pulling a Johnny Cochran,

That is

Black Man representing with a load of Jewish Lawyers backing the situation up...

He might check Israel a bit, to gain peace in the region, but the guy will NOT be anti Israel

War talk in Israel right now is probably paranoia driven and foolish, the threat may very well be handled by Obama appropriately for the first time...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I am not anti-Israel but i feel that as others have pointed out already, it is tough talk by the Israeli propaganda machine which is the same one which is run in the American system. It does nothing but fuel fear and hatred amongst each other when in reality Israel is the aggressor by taking over Palestinian land on the basis that it is 'their promised land'. If Israel has nuclear weapons, is supported by the nations which have power of the Veto, and acts so aggressively towards their neighbors, then any country in the region has (rightly or wrongly) basis to argue that they should be allowed these nuclear weapons as well. They claim that America and Israel are both armed nations and others in the region should be allowed to discourage further attacks and invasion on their land.

The other thing about the whole Iran vs Israel thing is that its the Iranian government which is stirring things up. Iran has a big jewish population and the the nation's people don't have too much of an issue with Tel Aviv - by all accounts, before the Islamic revolution both countries had positive relations. It is the regime in power which wants to score a few points.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'll never understand why such a powerful nation as the states feels it's mandatory to be Israels lapdog.

I can't think of another country that does this... not even the former colonial countries pay England as much loyalty as the US pays to Israel... and the US and Israel aren't even related.

Can someone explain to me why the US heralds Israels beckoning call... yet purposely goes about making enemies of the rest of the world?

It just doesn't seem rational to me.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
I'll never understand why such a powerful nation as the states feels it's mandatory to be Israels lapdog.

I can't think of another country that does this... not even the former colonial countries pay England as much loyalty as the US pays to Israel... and the US and Israel aren't even related.

Can someone explain to me why the US heralds Israels beckoning call... yet purposely goes about making enemies of the rest of the world?

It just doesn't seem rational to me.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by johnsky]

being outside the United States, I did not realise that America provides financial loyalty to Israel. This prompted me to do a bit of research this evening and i was flabbergasted at the amount... nearly $3 billion annually since 1948. An increase to this amount apparently has been rubber stamped by Pres. Bush which will soon make it approx $3.1 billion per annum.

that's a whole lot of money!!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

I am with you. It boggles the mind. The only thing I can come up with is some sort of religious obligation to defend Israel or something. Which is more frightening than just about anything else I can imagine since it would fall in to the biblical prophecy and the end times. I don't personally subscribe to those theories but it scares me to think that our government policies could be dictated by it.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
dont forget the biggest lobby group for israel, AIPAC. their reach is far and wide when it comes to swaying opinion in washington.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
If this is the case then why choose an Israeli as your chief of staff?

Unless his chief of staff is going to roll over on his own people.

Jam so true.. and not to mention he also exhorted Reid not to punish Liberman but keep him caucusing with the dems.

Evidently the journalist didn't look much further than their own hunches.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by turbokid
dont forget the biggest lobby group for israel, AIPAC. their reach is far and wide when it comes to swaying opinion in washington.

And we all know how Obama feels about AIPAC
www.infowars.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Poor, Poor Israel. Never, in the history of mankind, has such a little nothing of a country gotten so much attention, coddling, and leeway. I say the hell with them. I'm just sick of it. This is a FAKE country that was established to give the poor poor Jews a homeland. This is nothing shy of a scenario in which the rest of the world intervenes and takes valuable, important land from America and gives it back to the American Indians w.o regard for the current owners.

The Jews, much like the American Indians, got their arses handed to them and RIGHTFULLY lost their homeland, just as wars have dictated throughout recorded history. If they can't hold their own, then to hell with them, let them adapt and live amongst populations of other countries....or go wander the desert some more...either way, I don't care, so long as the USA gets our nose out of their business. They have done nothing but cause us to be aligned with a fair weather ally and has caused us to have more enemies, than their friendship will EVER be worth.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Aggie Man]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I highly doubt Israel is going to suffer anything under Obama...

The man is a walking Photo-op for Aipac and Israel, and he is already planning to appoint good ole Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff. It's starting to look like the only change we are going to get out of this new administration is aesthetics.

top topics

join