It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will people react when they realize Obama can't follow through?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Has anyone considered how the masses who voted Obama into office are going to react when they realize that he's not going to cut taxes, but raise them out of sheer economic necessity?
Obama's demeanor has changed since the intelligence breifings have started. I've noticed he stutters a little more now, and doesn't seem quite so sure of himself.
Does anyone else think he realizes that Iraq is not going to be as easy to walk away from as he thought?
That the economy is in the tank, and he's going to have to do a Bill Clinton, and raise taxes?
That the government isn't going to put gas in our tanks and pay our mortgages?
I am really curious what others on ATS, from both sides of the aisle, think will happen?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Disappointed but they will give him the benefit of the doubt. You have to admit that he is a smooth talker. I think the ones that will react the most will be the blacks if they perceive him as not addressing their issues. And I am sure you could imagine some of the names they will call him. He will be right up there with Rice and Powell. Of course, I am talking about how blacks perceived Powell before he endorsed Obama.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
People will buy Obama's and the media explanation.

The explanation is real simple, and has already been mapped out.

They will simply blame George W. Bush.

The faithful will buy it like it was on sale at WalMart.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Obama will be alright if he packs his trusty teleprompter to get him through this. Remember, Powell is a naive political person who fell unto Obama's spell like the inner circle of the campaign staff. I am wondering who is the real puppet master. Mmmm... Ayers, Khalidi, Wright, or someone else. Influential persons leave a trail like the brainwashing of Patty Hearst, a derivation of the Stockholm syndrome.

new topics

top topics

join