It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chosen One.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I checked but i couldn't find any threads on this.

I am interested to know if anyone knows any information in who the Chosen One would be, how we could identify them, what they would do, etc.

Are there any prophecies in any cultures about a Chosen One?

Does anyone have any links?

I just finished watching the matrix movies (for like the hundredth time) and i am wondering, since there is so much symbolism and prophecy within the films.

Or is the Chosen One the coming Messiah from the bible.

Any info would be appreciated.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I am the chosen one. If you don't believe me... just ask my dog.

Wasn't this the premise for an Eddie Murphy movie?

The golden child or some such?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
hmmm....

never saw that one.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
You want to look at their date of birth, their position of birth, their parent's date of birth, freemasonery links, the state of the moon when their mother's side grandmother died. All kinds of important considerations like that. When you get three candidates who are numerogically right, shove them on a reality TV show, and you'll have your man (or woman).

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
im not exactly sure what a reality t.v. show has anything to do with,

do you have anything else?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

* Religious belief in the coming of the savior of mankind, i.e., Jesus Christ (Christians), The Messiah (Judaism), The Mahdi (Shīʿī Islam), Maitreya (Buddhism) * God complex * Messiah complex (self-concept)
Wiki: The chosen one

Various groups and individuals (see List of Messiah claimants) have considered themselves chosen by God for some purpose such as to act as God's agent on earth. This status may be viewed as a self-imposed higher standard to fulfill God's expectation.
Wiki: Chosen people

Jesus' Chosen One, Joshua, High Priest

If you are interested in religion, then these fragments from the Dead Sea scrolls should stir your curiosity. They are amongst the few scrolls available to the English language reader, which speak about an important prophet, described as ‘The Chosen One’ or ‘The Elect One’.

The Chosen One in the dead sea scrolls

Pretty much all I could find. Every other "chosen one" was either about a book, movie, star wars or something else. Hopefully this helps, or leads to something else that might help. I also searched ATS threads and didn't find anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Resinveins
I am the chosen one. If you don't believe me... just ask my dog.

Your dog is a false prophet.

Wasn't this the premise for an Eddie Murphy movie?
The golden child or some such

Eddie Murphy plays a detective with a speciality of finding lost children. He is told he is the 'Chosen one' who will find and protect the Golden Child, a Bhuddist mystic who was kidnapped by an evil sorcerer
IMBD

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
this is a great amount of info,

thanks a lot,

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

My friend, i am going to only write a little bit about The Chosen One for you. Obviously, the Creator wanted to conceal the matter till the due time and we should respect His decision. The Chosen One is not Noah, Jesus or Muhammed. All these prophets were chosen ones of their own time. However, the chosen one talked about in Dead Sea Scrolls and bible -- yes, both old and new testament talk about him, is an end-time character that is chosen from among the oppressed people of the earth against the secular oppressive world order. He is the one who will fill the earth with Justice at the time when it is full of injustice. He is not able to and does not do any of it on his own. The Gracious Creator chooses him to do all these things. Unfortunately, Christianity closed its eyes on him and interpreted all the prophecies about him as if they were about Jesus. Basically, the priests historicized the prophecies by attributing pretty much all of it to Jesus, which is pretty much how The Gracious Creator hides his words from you when he does not want you to know it. It is said about him that no prophet has ever gone through the difficulties that he will go through, and no one will ever become as disgraced among the nations as he will become. However, The Gracious Creator will make him like the sun at the end...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

You want to look at their date of birth, their position of birth, their parent's date of birth, freemasonery links, the state of the moon when their mother's side grandmother died. All kinds of important considerations like that. When you get three candidates who are numerogically right, shove them on a reality TV show, and you'll have your man (or woman).

What about the moon on their grandmas death?..... where has there EVER been listed.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Wertdagf]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
i am unsure as to what you are trying to say

can you elaborate please

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I have always wondered if there was a secret prophecy about "The Elect One" as a musician/entertainer.
I have also wondered if there is some kind of secret assassin group, that is killing these musicians.
There's a lot of performers that have died at the age of 27/28.
In my wacky theory, the prophecy would include "The Chosen One" doing something or another (miracles..etc..) at the age of 27/28/29.
The assassin group doesn't want that to happen, so they have decided to kill all of the most influential performers in age bracket.
Anyways.. just a wacky theory..
Here's a list of the group of musicians, who have died at the age of 27/28. It's called the "27 Club". 27 Club

Do some research into the Dead Sea Scrolls. Especially Enoch.
pick one

Also, Revelations, in the Bible has prophecies regarding the Chosen One. All major world religions have a Messiah returning, so researching their texts could help also.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

why is it that every one of you seems to be hunting for the savior or chosen one or whatever you want to call it? what are you hunters for the false profits ,governments and all of their lackeys?
if he was here do you really believe that he would help us considering that we broke every commandment and covenant we were ever given by following the above group of self serving morons.
and he never died for our sins -he died because the above groups were terrified of what he stood for -the undoing of their lies. p.s. reread the book the father said that all children were born perfect and that they know no sin.
anyways how would he save us for our mindlessness ,ignorance or stupidity of blindly following the churches lies and dogma considering that these books were never put in the book 1- 2 for the 2 Marys ,.
but if you have ever really understood the book and what is really contained within it he should already be for about 50 to 55 years ,so i guess that he is not going to help which means that we as a species have about 93 years left-all because we never listened or learned instead we blindly followed those who lied to us saying that they were doing GOD`S WORK=bull hockey- reread the first page of the book and learn what GOD`S work really is and not the preaching of the false profit`s. why did he throw over the tables in the churches ? because the church was the money lenders.and they still own the vast majority of the world`s banks shares.
the whole bible is plagiarized from the Sumerian texts and they changed the names to suit themselves. as to Israel being the chosen ones forget it no one is chosen -there is no more being reborn ,no more 72 virgins there is to be NOTHING left due to the ignorance of our species as we seem to be hell bent to destroy ourselves with out a care in the world.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
There will be a chosen one!

This is how you know!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Reply to Picrat:

I never said i was looking for the christian chosen one, im looking for any from any religion, background, institution.

just wanted a synopsis on what different beliefs held the chosen one to be.

Reply to asmeone2:

You have no idea how much information that video just gave me and how important it was to me.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Pepper

Interesting. My golden birthday is age 28.... and that is almost exactly 5 years from now.

Well we'll see when the time comes, won't we?

By the way.... I hope that, rather than one person saving all of mankind, it would be a better idea if mankind became their own savior. I'd rather like... do something cool, as opposed to risking myself saving a bunch of greedy lazy selfish bastards. It's not that hard. Just turn off your TVs every once in a while and hmm question authority always.... and love your fellow man.... and then you should be all gravy.

Ok your saviour is going to be a good teacher and... let you learn the hard way!

Best of luck,
Jesus

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Oh my God, hahaha I forgot about that movie!

Hahahaha that's all you need to know!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The Chosen One is the one chosen by the powers that gives power.

The "Christ" a term that equates to "Chosen One" was a man. Jesus was born a man who had been known as a child of promis, being some people recieved prophetic statements about him.

However Jesus wasn't the "Christ" until the day he was chosen by God. Sure, now, we can see he was always the chosen one, but back then he was one out of man who were said to be the deliver.

It was at the point of his baptisim where the spirit came down and rested upon him, and as is documented, a multitued of people heard the same message "This is my son and in him I AM well pleased". It was at that point Jesus became the Christ, or "chosen one".

However, just because the term "Christ" is associated with the term "chosen one" don't mean anyone chosen is the christ. In the days ahead their will be man "chosen" among the people.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
No one knows how a chosen one is chosen-or even why, the answer was probably in a book burned in the middle east many many years ago.

"Pikachu! I choose you!!!"-some cheesy cartoon.

I don't know.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

There is no 'chosen one' It's a propaganda to make people lazily put their fate that someone, someday, will save the world of all the troubles. So nobody does anything and it's 'hakuna-matata' everyday. I have no links to back this up. But look around, look at the people who believe that one person will save the world. It's not just deities, but people often look up to the greatest thinkers we have, unfortunately, they can be corrupted.

Even Jesus himself said that people in the future will do wonders and perform miracles greater than he did. Even the angels are asking for our support, in the form of intense and dedicated prayers. Not one person can do this alone, we need each other's help, we are the ones who will save ourselves. The road to freedom is not really a free ride.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
There is no Chosen one.

We are all chosen!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join