It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creature Of Sugar Flat Road

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Browsing yahoo for crypto and came across this. Did a search in the forums to see if it's been up before..and found nothing.

What does everybody think of this thing? Eyes look fake...but the teeth look extremely real...not sure...ATS'rs...have at it!

Creature Of Sugar Flat Road

Edit to fix bad spelling

[edit on 11/11/2008 by StretchUSAF]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
That's a pretty interesting story. I did a net search and read a bit more. I do however have a couple of 'issues' with this story. First, why did nobody ever go back for the headless body? Why hasn't there been dna samples taken to at least establish whether this creature has earthly relatives? And, the biggest question, did the girls husband ever find out that she was cheating on him with this dude that hit the creature with his truck?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by StretchUSAF

You're right the eyes would be fake if it's been to a taxidermist.

I wonder why they haven't bothered digging up the rest of the body? Would make sense to me, also a DNA test on the head would be handy.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Lol, pretty darn funny. Heres a clue, The legend originated in Tennessee. The photo says 1989. The published story says 1987. The story says he could barely make it out in the moonlight. lol it's white. There is no underlining bone structure. The fur stops clean, even I have hair follicles under my lip and further up my cheekbones if i do not shave. The human dentures are a riot. Why take out the underlying bone if your gonna put the dentures in crooked. Nice touch.

~Hyp

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The head is supposedly still available for viewing at Cuz’s Antique Center in the Lebanon Public Square, Lebanon, Tennessee.

www.cuzsantiques.com
The Head

Seeing that DNA is available and nobody bothered to test it (or it was tested and the results weren't worth mentioning) tells me everyone knows it's fake. Simply a clever marketing gimmick.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
That beast must have a wonderful dentist.
Most of the times when I see a stuffed animal, the mouth is either closed or set in a expression.

new topics

top topics

join