It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am in trouble - anyone knows how to shield against the signal from a GSM tower antenna?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
sty

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I moved in a new flat , signed all the contracts etc and only after a few days I realised that not more than 20 meters away from the bedroom ( a little 1 bedroom flat ) wev got a GSM repeater/antenna tower. I did some studies, and it looks like I am going to increase my risk for leukemia and cancer due the high exposure this antenna will give us! The antenna is not a very large one , however it has at least 20 emitors that would look like speakers...
So, the question is - what can I do to shield that ? Would a wallpaper layer made of aluminium kitchen foil help ? ( i tried to fold my phone into the aluminium foil, the signal is lost if I do that , but will it work for an entire room?
what other methods would be to shield that room? any suggestion will be great !

thanks in advance for your advices!

STY
sorry, had to re-edit - i am talking about a GSM tower , not the antenna from my mobile phone..

[edit on 11-11-2008 by sty]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

Do Not... I repeat...Do Not block the rays under ANY circumstances! I can't tell you why but PLEASE believe me, it's imperative that you absorb as many of these rays as possible.You will thank me for it later.

Okay...just kidding. Water balloons. Line the walls with water balloons. The hydrogen in the water acts as a barrier.

Okay...just kidding again. Seriously though, sublet and move.

sty

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

maybe the person before me did the same - subletting . so I would sub-sublet then ? Iv got some good readings about the Aluminium foil - this is why you should not put aluminium in the microwave :

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty
reply to post by MsSmartypants

maybe the person before me did the same - subletting . so I would sub-sublet then ? Iv got some good readings about the Aluminium foil - this is why you should not put aluminium in the microwave :

Wow! I've never heard anyone on ATS actually recommend wearing a tin foil hat

sty

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

lol. i am not talking about a hat, but about an entire room. And sure, aluminium stops microwaves , any metal would work but it is cheaper to get a 6 micrones aluminium foil .

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have a roll of about 50' of this stuff I intended to use for pretty similar reasons as yourself. It is the same material they make anti-static bags for electronics but this particular kind is military spec. and is a metalized Tyvek lined with rubber. It is water proof, electrostatic discharge proof, EMI proof, and acid proof.

I figure the stuff would make a great everything-barrier behind the walls of a bedroom. I think that to really be effective in the role we want the material needs to be grounded but that is easily done with a bit of naked copper wire and some staples.

Roll of MIL-PRF-81705 Type I

Jon

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

Chicken wire on the walls and a reflective tint on the windows. Simple but effective. Coming from a former cellular engineer. Just staple the chicken wire on the walls then remove when you leave.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TXPatriot38

Do you think that we will be responding to a post in 2 months time with the title, "I need help - crazy neighbor blocking cell phone signal?"

Jon

sty

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TXPatriot38

great ideea. Is there a particular size would fit the 3band pulse emitor from my tower?
the idea of Voxel is great too , however the roll is very expensive
. my question - would i have to "ground" this shield?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

Anything under 1.5 inches will do it for the chicken wire. The radio wave for 1.9 GSM is 2.5 inches. Once it hits the wire it gets bounced around and reflected back. The best wire to use is the stuff they put in rabbit cages. It will block every signal, but when you do this you will not get ANY signal in that room. If you have a wireless network it will block it too.

Edit to add: No grounding necessary with the wire on the inside walls. If outside, yes I would ground it as a precaution.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by TXPatriot38]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Voxel

Possibly, but they asked a question and I could answer.

Not a one line post

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXPatriot38
reply to post by sty

Chicken wire on the walls and a reflective tint on the windows. Simple but effective. Coming from a former cellular engineer. Just staple the chicken wire on the walls then remove when you leave.

Yhea, that seems to be the basis of the best advice... in effect turn your place into a faraday cage, although there will be 2 considerations so far as chicken wire goes - 1) You have to earth the faraday cage (the chicken wire) in some way - not hard, wire it to your plumbing is easiest. 2) BIG CONSIDERATION!! the 'holes' in your faraday cage have to be smaller than the wavelength of the microwave radiation your are looking to block...

I'm gonna have a bash at the numbers for you - I'm gonna guess your in the UK, and I know that the two bands used in the UK are 900Mhz and 1800Mhz, so the smaller wave length would be 1800 Mhz

Aparently wavelength = 300 / frequency in MHz, so for 1800Mhz that would be 300/1800=0.166.... or 16 centimeters.

Now all chicken wire is less than 16 cm, but you have to consider your doors and windows and catflaps and your ROOF and if your in a flat your FLOOR!! and you will also have to put up with no reception, and even then are you sure you got it all?
and you still have to enter and leave your home.

BTW I worked 2+ years meters away from one of those things and I have never felt worse

Simple answer >> build a time machine and live 100 years ago.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
it will be on the news next week sayin crazy guy die's in flat as he couldnt get reception on his mobile phone, due to being surrounded by chicken wire. gud luk bud

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

this is an initial line of text.

this is a secondary line of text.

-

Mod Note: Forum Image Linking Policy – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13/11/08 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
though...

I swear.. just for kicks.. I would LOVE to see a scientific peer reviewed, lengthy study, comparing cancer rates in rats exposed to cellphone tower and phone levels of radiation...

a control group..

and a group wrapped in tin foil rodent-suits.

i would just love to see the actual uncensored un tampered data from a study like that.

just for kicks.

-

sty

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
thanks a lot everyone! It looks like I have some choice indeed
and also I learned that my chikens (do not have any haha) will be healthy . My purpose is not necessary to 100% shield the room , but I wish at least to reduce the power of the signal that would beam in that bedroom. The tower is not on the top of my flat, but beaming from a close distance, at the same level with my flat - so the signal gets in the room really well. I guess I will have some choice now , so I am going to make a video and post in within the next few weeks on how I am going to shield this

thansk everyone again!
STY

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
google "cell tower busters" these are home made orgone genrators. They are make of resin, metal shavings, copper wire, with a small quartz crystal. Some how they absorbe the energy from the cell tower, changing bad to good. Worth looking into if you are serious and IMHO a better bet than tin foil. I have a friend who makes them. Knda like the old orgone cloud busters. Check it out. bil...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
When you get your flat all set up and looking sweet, post some pictures.
You're sure to get plenty of helpful responses.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
build a faraday cage. this will also help if radaition is present from a blast.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join