It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Gay Marriage Proponents Attack Elderly Woman

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whitl103

now, after the laws have grown progressively more relaxed on any number of topics, it seems a bit odd to act as if the people here today, as a general rule, and across the board, are all on the same page about gay marriage. to me, this wreaks all to hell of extreme reverse prejudice. if you people don't stop defending those men who abused that old woman, stole her property and destroyed it in front of her eyes, i'm gonna have to assume you've all lost touch with your humanity!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It is incidents like this that sometimes makes me feel ashamed to be an American. Whatever happened to the spirit of compromise on Gay issues. It's the same with the abortion issue now as well. Diehard christians do this all the time. I'm not talking about the vast majority of christians who believe that others should be respected for their viewpoints, even if they don't necessarily agree with them. It's the diehards from any source who ruin it for everyone else. These diehard christians aren't interested in matters of the spirit, they are just interested in controlling other peoples lives. That's all. I myself am not Gay or anything, but I do believe that gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgendered people should be afforded the same rights and duties that I, as a straight person, have. I always thought, and still believe that we all should have equal protection of the law as well. The diehards are ian ntolerant lot.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
reply to post by SonicInfinity

That video made me LOL! But seriously...that old woman was provoking a large angry crowd full of gay men. While I don't agree with them pulling away things from her hands, it shouldn't be difficult to see how was simply there as a provocateur.

Well one things for sure- she's never gonna get a good wash & set again in California...

Anyway- she did look like she was interrupting their protest, but they were behaving badly.

I think my community is just at the boiling point of what I consider a civil rights issue. Its so sad that people cant understand that a right theyve had all their lives (and squandered in millions of cases), is being kept from a small group- mostly in my opinion, because of sniveling bigotry.

I dont in any way condone the behavior of the people in the video tho.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally Conley

precisely! let's not forget the diehards on the other side, who think it's okay to take the woman's property, destroy it on the spot, and then the folks who defend that action! do you think that's amercian? what the flip?!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xander68

it isn't bigotry. it's a morality position. there's more than 1 side on the blasted coin!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

there's more than 1 side on the blasted coin!

You're wasting your breath (bandwidth?) there, undo. The lines have been drawn, the sides have been chosen, and the only thing left is to watch the carnage.

It'll get worse. Much worse. On both sides.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by whitl103

now, after the laws have grown progressively more relaxed on any number of topics, it seems a bit odd to act as if the people here today, as a general rule, and across the board, are all on the same page about gay marriage. to me, this wreaks all to hell of extreme reverse prejudice. if you people don't stop defending those men who abused that old woman, stole her property and destroyed it in front of her eyes, i'm gonna have to assume you've all lost touch with your humanity!

Alright, no one is listening to what I'm actually saying. This post is full of straw men and red herrings. I'm gathering the same polarized opinions here that the people in the video are fighting over. Life isn't a competition. Anyone who thinks it is has lost touch with humanity.

I have no bad feelings toward anyone, I'm just trying to be rational and objective. These tools have been lost on society, as is clearly visible from the raucous crowd and the ignorant old lady.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You should change the title of your poste to "ARE GAY PEOPLE GETTING OUT OF HAND?"

link   
reply to post by undo

No, you see, the thing is, if this is something you give a crap about, you need to get in touch with reality. I don't care now or EVER, about some $5 two foot tall cross being stomped on. I also don't care when Gay protesters use their freedom of speech to shout at someone else who uses their freedom of speech. Yea, that's right. They used freedom of speech too. they have every right to tell that ignorant old lady to shut her mouth.

And she should shut her mouth. She's wrong. she has no right to ban gay's from being able to marry. she's ignorant, and she deserves to be told so.

She was not assaulted, so quit whining about something that didn't happen and calm down. As I said before, if this upsets you, you should really get in touch with reality. reality is far more harsh than ignorant old people getting called out for being ignorant. I'm not bias you see, just because she has gray hair doesn't mean I'm going to be sympathetic to an ignorant person.

This shouldn't even be an issue, and I certainly refuse to treat it like one. the issue here is gay marriage, which shouldn't be an issue in the first place. both of these things are distracting us from the bigger picture, most likely by design by the rulers of this world.

link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

well i don't have to agree with it!
it's nonsense to begin with. the gay people are still human beings. the fundie grandmas are still human beings.. .not old bags.

this thread is infuriating. i'm outta here.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

That video made me LOL! But seriously...that old woman was provoking a large angry crowd full of gay men. While I don't agree with them pulling away things from her hands, it shouldn't be difficult to see how was simply there as a provocateur.

OH please, she was one brave little ole lady,perhaps she didn't know how dangerous this could have been for her.

Well I give her kudos for GUTS

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Theres nothing immoral about who I love, or who I dont love.

Its the way it is, and if a higher power didnt like it, I wouldnt be gay.

Im gonna go kiss my boyfriend now.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xander68
reply to post by undo

Theres nothing immoral about who I love, or who I dont love.

Its the way it is, and if a higher power didnt like it, I wouldnt be gay.

Im gonna go kiss my boyfriend now.

Gross!!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
reply to post by beforetime

Ah right. I always knew HIV was a codename for some kind of killer robot that has shoulder missiles of all kinds to take down outspoken opponents that disagree with the gays.

Or not.

So your saying its safer..hiv wise..to fight a gay man than a strait?

i can prove you wrong there...
news.bio-medicine.org...

Research results showed 56 percent of 500 randomly selected HIV-infected men surveyed in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and San Francisco--the cities with the largest gay communities in the United States--were using multiple-drug therapy consisting of a protease inhibitor in combination with other anti-retroviral drugs. The study found no major differences in the rates among the cities.

SO ..to defend yourself from a gay person with physical aggression.
You have a 56% chance of making him bleed and you bleed...thus now your infected with there HIV.
So yes they can riot all they want i won't fight them...Heck they can beat me like a puppy.
i aint getting aid's fighting them back lol
Thats over 50/50 chance dang...

would you drink a soda pop if you had a 50/50 chance of it killing you?
Hellz no you wouldn't...
So they have a weapon when they force violence apon us..it should be treated as such..a weapon.

People have robbed store's with hiv..there weapon was threatening to spit on the lady behind the counter...

So when 500 gay men are acting and showing violence....it should be treated as if it was a gun...if they don't cease the riot...KILL THEM...

sorry but it's the truth based on odd's

disagree even flame me for my comment....
But i bet you money you won't go hit a random gay man even if he hit's you first.
becouse you know you have a 56% chance of getting hiv.
thus its a weapon....

[edit on 12-11-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime

Originally posted by MacDonagh

Ah right. I always knew HIV was a codename for some kind of killer robot that has shoulder missiles of all kinds to take down outspoken opponents that disagree with the gays.

Or not.

So your saying its safer..hiv wise..to fight a gay man than a strait?

i can prove you wrong there...
news.bio-medicine.org...

Research results showed 56 percent of 500 randomly selected HIV-infected men surveyed in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and San Francisco--the cities with the largest gay communities in the United States--were using multiple-drug therapy consisting of a protease inhibitor in combination with other anti-retroviral drugs. The study found no major differences in the rates among the cities.

SO ..to defend yourself from a gay person with physical aggression.
You have a 56% chance of making him bleed and you bleed...thus now your infected with there HIV.
So yes they can riot all they want i won't fight them...Heck they can beat me like a puppy.
i aint getting aid's fighting them back lol
Thats over 50/50 chance dang...

would you drink a soda pop if you had a 50/50 chance of it killing you?
Hellz no you wouldn't...
So they have a weapon when they force violence apon us..it should be treated as such..a weapon.

People have robbed store's with hiv..there weapon was threatening to spit on the lady behind the counter...

So when 500 gay men are acting and showing violence....it should be treated as if it was a gun...if they don't cease the riot...KILL THEM...

sorry but it's the truth based on odd's

Good Point, i completely agree. AIDS is no laughing matter.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

you can see from the video ; she threw the cross down herself. It looks like she threw it on the ground herself. Not to mention that the guy that came with her is the one that started the crabbing. He tried to grab the sign from the guy first. She is tring to instigate something. You can see by the video; She throws the cross down herself

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

This does not surprise me in the least, what does suprise me is a news station covered and then showed it.

Notice how the newscaster tried to cover it up a bit and closed it out by saying "a lot of anger and hate on both sides.."
right.. all I saw was a group of angry gay men trying to intimidate, impose their opinions on someone and stifle free speech. I'm not saying there aren't idiots on the other side.. just that it's good to see the other sides idiots being caught on tape for a change.

If the shoe was on the other foot and some big burly man was getting rough and sticking signs in an old womans face he'd be CRUCIFIED by the media.. but since he's gay.. it's ok. If it were opposite, this would be on every major news program and all the morning shows the next day and used by the gay lobby to show how "intolerant" peole are.. but its the other side finally being caught on tape and hardly anyone says "boo".

If they put as much energy and money into getting equal benefits (something they pretend to want) instead of the word "marriage" then they would have gotten their way a long time ago and there wouldn't be any need for this childish crap.

personally I coud care less, let whoever wants to marry whoever do so..but I don't thinks it is worth any sort of violence to achive. I still have trouble believing the gay movement continues to try to eqaute their "struggle" to the strugle of blacks pre 1950.

I am glad the other side has finally gotten their true colors caught on tape.
Maybe a few more people will see this and realize it's not just conservatives and the religious who hold claim on intolerance and uncivilized behavior.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DroolsAlot

Thats why in a way you see 500 gay protesters rioting...they should make them stop...by any means necessary..even death.

Our police shouldn't have to worry which 56% has hiv and could infect him.
if they are aggressive and move toward the police...shot them plain and simple.

It's not like a regular riot...you can see the guns or bat's ect....
you know to run
with gay's it's a hidden weapon..56% have HIV....
so yes it's a threat toward anyone when they start a riot.

the cop's should treat it as 56% of these rioter's have a concealed weapon.
and shoot to kill
IF they are aggressive towards people.

link   
you people are insane to be beating an elderly woman gay and lesbians have the same opinion as peaceful protest as muslims do.

link   

Did you even read the story? It was 56% of randomly selected HIV INFECTED GAY MEN.. not 56% of gay men.

The article shows that only 56% of them are on medications for the disease.

OMG LOL

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join