It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Gay Marriage Proponents Attack Elderly Woman

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
it's only my business, as a christian, to repeat what jesus said, and hope someone finds it useful.

Can you quote Jesus' words where he speaks of homosexuality? Because as far as I know, he didn't. False prophets, yes, homosexuality, no.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

yes and no. yes, it evolves in that direction. no, it isn't entirely the case. there will be some women, but the bulk of the population would inevitably be men. if society has to "evolve" (and they say it does) the population growth has to stop increasing so the resources are not used up and the remaining people can focus on advancing technologically.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

if you rephrase that, i might answer it. but as it stands,
i don't think i will. it looks accusatory and negative and deliberately
inserts concepts into my posts here that i never said.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mortalengine
Any allies they might have previously gained through sympathy they've definately now lost due to their total lack of tact and utilization of the correct brain cells.

Given that this event could have been staged from the beginning by provacatuers, maybe that's what the provacatuers wanted?

Those dont look like your typical homosexual males though, they're more like gay truckers... scary.

Exactly my point. This all too easily could have been staged.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

OK.

Can you quote Jesus' words where he speaks of homosexuality? Because as far as I know, he didn't. Compassion and love, yes, homosexuality, no.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

i never said he did. what i did say was, in reference to the elderly woman at the rally, the (biblical) texts do say that homosexuality is wrong, but they also say sex is best avoided altogether if you have it in you to do so. the reason being that when you become a christian, it says your focus should be off the demands of the flesh as much as is healthy and possible for you as an individual. among the many demands of the flesh is sexual gratification. i think the point was to explore your new found spiritual body, as opposed to the flesh body which is temporary and so on and so on. alot of that is the teachings of paul. i like his writings. he's brilliant, insightful, but also contradictory (or seemingly).

also, i am not a prophet, or a prophetess. when i say i see the future looking like x,y, z, i'm not saying i think that way because i'm a prophet. it's just a potential possibility due to my studies of the trends of society. comparative analysis. maybe i just think too much and should go play some mind numbing game, where it can be said that i'm wasting my brain, which was called wasted space whether i was using it or not.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
african americans voted yes to prop 8 on a 70 to 30 basis. how bout these gay people go and protest in front of a church in south central???? oh thats right, because they wouldnt make it out alive.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I didn't mean to suggest that you were the prophet/tess when I mentioned the false prophets that Jesus talked about. Although, now I can see why you thought I was talking about you. My apollogies for the mix up.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

okay, no problem then. yeah, that's what i thought you were saying. and i was like...erm, i certainly didn't tell anyone one the thread that this was a prophecy or that i'm a prophet.

as a woman, i'm concerned about people of my gender being wiped out in huge numbers, across the globe, with full support of the governments along the way. now china has installed new laws to avoid losing any more of their women folk but it took them almost 30 years to do so. and now they are worried about their men as they grow from childhood, having social problems, since they were the only child of their parents (one child policy). they call it the little emperor syndrome.
en.wikipedia.org...
so imagine, hundreds of millions of lonely boys, who grow to adulthood and are lonely adults, as well. but their plight is nothing compared to their sisters, who are either dead, or languishing in orphanages, sold into slavery and any number of other extremely .........i mean situations we can't even fathom.

acc6.its.brooklyn.cuny.edu...

the world outside the borders of some western countries is very unfriendly to the female gender.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by undo]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

as a woman, i'm concerned about people of my gender being wiped out in huge numbers, across the globe, with full support of the governments along the way.

As a gay man, I feel the same concern about my kind.

or languishing in orphanages, sold into slavery and any number of other extremely .........i mean situations we can't even fathom.

Actually, I know quite a few people who have adopted Chinese baby girls. Most are gay men who aren't allowed to adopt here but go over there to get them. Some straight couples I know have done the same.

the world outside the borders of some western countries is very unfriendly to the female gender.

I still don't see how this is the fault of male homosexuality?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

it isn't and i never said it was. what i said was, this is the solution in other places in the world, to an overpopulation problem in the new millenium. have you seen the film, THE DYING ROOMS? it's the jewish holocaust on steroids. it's their solution because they are a patriarchal society and women have lower value. in this case, a lot lower. same with india. and many of the countries that surround china and india as well. it's even happening in places in africa. if we have an overpopulation problem, what do you think the response will be? the rise of acceptance of homosexual couples is increasing in lock step with the gendercide of females in other places in the world. both, i believe, are being instigated for the purposes of population control. were they concerned that they wouldn't have enough people to support the society, homosexuality would become unpopular again.

here's the last video in the four part series of the dying rooms. it starts off very nice, but doesn't end that way.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What I don't get is what the big hoopla over gay marriages is about anyway. If you are a boy who likes boys or a girl who likes girls or a wierdo who likes animals whatever keep it in the bedroom blah blah blah I don't care if you get married and live happily ever after. I personally am against the issues over gay vs. straight but I really don't care if you want to get married fine whatever do what makes you happy. I did have a problem a few years back though when some lesbiens tried to sue the Knights of Columbus for discrimination because they (the lesbiens)were not allowed to get married in the Knight's hall. This is where I think the Christians are afraid of things going seriously awry. So the Government allows gay marriage and to disallow it is discrimination then if a same sex couple who wants to be married in a church and is denied because it goes against the morals and religious beliefs of the church will they then have to bow down to the rights of the same sex couple? this is when it becomes a problem. And don't try to tell me this wouldn't hapen because it has and it will. This is I think more of what the Christians muslims etc are afraid of not the gay people getting married in general.

Really I would rather much rather see the ban of Gay Pride Week than of gay marriages. Gay Pride Week with it's parades and propoganda is very much throwing their orientation in the face of anyone and everyone who doesn't believe that "gay is okay". That is an infrigement, that is also my opinion.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

When will compassion take hold on this crazy world?
A little girl is dispensable because her life gets in the way of someone's/ or society's greed for material wealth.
We are all in this together are we not? Gay, straight, married or single.
Can't we work together instead of fighting, while children are dying?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by undo

When will compassion take hold on this crazy world?
A little girl is dispensable because her life gets in the way of someone's/ or society's greed for material wealth.
We are all in this together are we not? Gay, straight, married or single.
Can't we work together instead of fighting, while children are dying?

Exactly.

The hate that surrounds homosexuality is just another way to divide us. The people.

We are all the same, and we are all different.

Live and let live.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

i dunno, that video makes me sick to my stomach.
surely there's a better solution than that.

state run mental institutions were our problem not all that long ago. it was a similar scenario. eventually they were closed down because they couldn't be funded or ran sufficient to care for the mentally challenged. so now, the mentally ill are in prisons, or if they are severly mentally ill and have no family or home address, sent out on the street to die from deprivation and the elements. i met a lady this happened to. this is the event:

hubby and i were in a restaurant. family style. it was late at night and the place was pretty empty. a woman came in wearing ragged clothes. her hair was dishevelled and she was dirty. it was winter, so she had on a few extra layers of clothes making her look like a large version of a refugee from a third world nation. she took a seat in the next booth down from ours.

across the way from us, a man came in and sat down. he was dresesed in fine clothes and was extremely snooty and impatient. he snapped at the waitress and was generally unpleasant.

anyway, the poor woman who had come, asked to order a meal. the waitress refused to take her order because she knew the woman was homeless. hubby overheard this and told the waitress to go ahead and take the lady's order and put it on our bill. she asked my husband ARE YOU SURE? her eyes were wide as if she was shocked that anyone would care about the lady or try to prolong her life with food. he looked up at her said, "yes i'm sure!" she said okay and scurried off with the orders.

meanwhile, the grumpy guy in the booth across from us, started to curse under his breath that he had to be in the same restaurant with the homeless woman who was clearly mentally ill and talking quite loudly and incomprehensibly. after listening to this for 5 minutes or so, hubby, not lookign at the man, said very loudly, ALL I KNOW IS SOMEBODY BETTER SHUT UP BEFORE I GET FROM HERE AND LET HIM SEE WHAT ANGER IS ALL ABOUT! (i was so proud of him. he was like my hero!)

anyway the food came for the lady, as did ours. and the man across the way ate quickly (and silently) then left. now we engaged the homeless lady as best we could. we asked her if she had a place to go. she did not. she didn't know her name, and seemed generally confused. the police came in and took a booth in the back of the restaurant so we went over and asked if they knew her. they did. they explained that on many colder nights, she had been taken to the jail house and allowed to sleep in of the cells so she wouldn't catch her death in the cold temperatures.

we asked if they could take her there again since she had no where else to go and we didn't have any room at our own house that would've been suitably for a person with mental problems. they said they would and then we asked if there was anything we could do arrange her a living situation and medical help. they said it wasn't possible because she had no home adderss. still, when we left, i went and called several local hospitals to see if we couldn't arrange something for her. they all said without a home address they would have nowhere to send the bill, even if she couldn't pay it, and that was their one rule... the person needed a home address.

we never saw her again but learned from a police officer that she had been found dead, frostbitten and apparently with severe pneumonia. i will never forget that. the police said that the jails and prisons had become the new mental institutions and that unless the lady committed a crime, they couldn't put her there. the best they could do was jail her for vagrancy.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

were they concerned that they wouldn't have enough people to support the society, homosexuality would become unpopular again.

I'm sorry, but, I still don't see gay as "popular". Live a day in my shoes and you will find that it is indeed not. I live in one of the gayest places in this country. Dupont Circle, Washington, DC. And every few weeks there are still reports of people being beeten to death and near death just for being gay. Plenty of my friends have been beaten for being gay at least once in their lives. I myself was gay bashed on Christmas Eve no less.

So, I can't agree that being gay is "popular". Sorry.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

oh i'm so sorry

i've had a few problems as a result of being a christian too, so i know the feeling. people assume being christian is a cake walk, and that there are so many christians, there shouldn't be a problem. boy, that has not been my experience. just for the record.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

anyway, the poor woman who had come, asked to order a meal. the waitress refused to take her order because she knew the woman was homeless. hubby overheard this and told the waitress to go ahead and take the lady's order and put it on our bill. she asked my husband ARE YOU SURE? her eyes were wide as if she was shocked that anyone would care about the lady or try to prolong her life with food. he looked up at her said, "yes i'm sure!" she said okay and scurried off with the orders.

Good on you and your husband. This tells me that you are good people.

we never saw her again but learned from a police officer that she had been found dead, frostbitten and apparently with severe pneumonia. i will never forget that. the police said that the jails and prisons had become the new mental institutions and that unless the lady committed a crime, they couldn't put her there. the best they could do was jail her for vagrancy.

Very sad indeed.

Take solice in knowing you at least tried.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

oh i'm so sorry

Thank you.

i've had a few problems as a result of being a christian too, so i know the feeling. people assume being christian is a cake walk, and that there are so many christians, there shouldn't be a problem. boy, that has not been my experience. just for the record.

I feel empathy also toward you for having problems just because of your religion. Cheers my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join