It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop jailed for sex on the job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Cop jailed for sex on the job

www.news.com.au

A BRITISH police officer who admitted having sex with a woman while on duty and propositioning another after she had been arrested has been jailed for four months.

Police constable Gary Bayldon, 48, who was married at the time, visited one woman for sex while working late shifts, calling the sessions "his meal break," Kingston Crown Court heard.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me, but isn't his sentence extreme?

The fact that his 18 year career is over should be enough punishment.

Other than that, he had consenting sex with an adult. Sure, he tried to chat another one up and was rejected - but did he deserve a four month jail sentence for it?

Think of the ridiculous sentences that we've seen over the years and the number of high profile cases, where people get far less than four months jail...

Anyway, what do you think?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Why don't they prosecute the police for real crimes, like the murders they commit?

No one liner here.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Why don't they prosecute the police for real crimes, like the murders they commit?

No one liner here.

Ya know - that is a good question. At least here in the states it seems cops can use what seems to be excessive force and often tmies get off pretty lightly. I would like to see them crack down on that more.

If the cop in OP was using the power of his badge to have sex, (ie - threatening the women with jail or something unless the complied) I'd say lock him up and toss away the key. If he just had a girlfriend he'd visit on duty then I'd agree the jail time is harsh.

new topics

top topics

join