It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

water shortage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I was watching a Stargate episode and some aliens wanted water from us on Earth
this has come up in many science fictions

so - could there be truth to this? is some secret and above top secret organisation selling water to aliens?

could that be why there is such a shortage of water in a lot of places that we are on constant water rationing?

I ask those of you who know about these things - please put your theories forward

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabyte
could that be why there is such a shortage of water in a lot of places that we are on constant water rationing?

There is a lot more fresh water than one would think.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I do think that it is and will increasingly be a precious natural resource.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
ok - thank you

so you dont think there is anything going on with our water that we ordinary people are not aware of?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

Well the main problem is going to be for areas which are highly dependent on snow and glacial melt water as their primary source. If the trend for a warming globe continues, they are going to suffer accordingly.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is going to make me sound crazy, but I've always been under the impression that aliens are after our resources.

I don't think all of them are just the ones that evil.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Water is very plentiful in the universe.
So is pretty much everything we have on earth.
Except for our women of course.
But they can have them.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Honestly, there's more water floating around our solar system locked in ice than all the water on the earth mutliplied many times over. Maybe it's not the water, just the beautiful scenery.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

heeeey ..... leave our women alone

If they came after our women i would be just like Will Smith in the Independance day

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It's NLP, getting you programmed to accept the rediculous notion that water is scarce. The earth is 2/3 water, salty granted, and there is still the ice caps and massive freshwater lakes that could supply us all. Did you know you could fit the entire world human population into Loch Ness?

Water falls from the sky, as a result of evaporation from all that free energy the sun gives us. That Nature/God gives us. Heating up the water, providing evaporation, getting rid of the salt, dropping it down on the land that needs it. Giving life to everything.

But then came the greedy elitist, envious of everything and everyone, sociopathically genocidal. Then came artificial scarcity, then came chemtrails, then came war. And water, which is by no means a scarce resource, becomes a badly distributed resource. And the myth that there is not enough of it to go around was born. Out of manipulation and lies.

I have a feeling that the meddling of these people in the climate will have a devastating effect, as it will probably break the homeostatic balance on the planet and possibly throw us into a mini ice age. The good news is that will break the myth that there is not enough water to go around, as most of the northern hemisphere would be covered in snow in september :p

There will always be more than enough water. Sadly there will be people who want to keep you away from it. Don't let them.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Nothing like some cheap slave labor and sex slaves...

I'll take the women.

On a serious note though what if Earth has something that isn't so common in the universe, not that far out of possibility.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
This is going to make me sound crazy, but I've always been under the impression that aliens are after our resources.

I don't think all of them are just the ones that evil.

or just the ones who lack resources

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Fresh water is not scarce.

But if it were, there are desalinization methods to make sea water potable. Some countries already use sea water.

The biggest problem in our world is keeping our water safe to use.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
They were trading *heavy water* for technology.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Fresh water is not scarce.

But if it were, there are desalinization methods to make sea water potable. Some countries already use sea water.

The biggest problem in our world is keeping our water safe to use.

yeah i am talking about drinking water

and sure there may be plenty available in the universe but it seems to be pretty scarce on the planets in our solar system - in a way that we can use it

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
There is enough water for everyone, but some people are preventing it from being known. Watched the new James Bond movie? It also is about water...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

Its funny that

A lot of countries without desalinisation plants complain about water shortages, yet refuse to build them due to the high cost.

You would think that no amount of money would be to great to spend on our most precious natural resource

new topics

top topics

join