It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient 4,300-year-old pyramid discovered in Egypt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Ancient 4,300-year-old pyramid discovered in Egypt

www.breitbart.com

A 4,300-year-old pyramid has been discovered at the Saqqara necropolis outside Cairo, Egypt's culture minister said on Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Pretty cool discovery.
I would have thought that all of the pyramids would have been disovered by now.
The question still remains by whom and how, were they built?
Will we ever know?
And how many more of these pyramids are there?
I wonder if this one is "aligned" with anything or was it just randomly placed there?
The things that make you go Hmmmmmm.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I saw this. I also thought it strange that they hadn't already known about this. How could they have not known?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I can't wait to see what they find inside the tomb in two weeks! I would love be there when they go inside.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Damnit where is the pics I NEED PICS!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
as to "whom they were built by"? uhhhhhh 6 dynasty egyptians!!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Holy Good news Batman!

Lets hope the Vatican does not get their grimy little hands on this.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The pyramid is said to belong to Queen Sesheshet, the mother of King Teti who was the founder of the 6th Dynasty of Egypt's Old Kingdom. Egypt's antiquities chief Zahi Hawass made the announcement Tuesday at the site in Saqqara, about 12 miles south of Cairo.

Source

Truly awesome find . I'm also curious as to how long they were digging there befor they had found this site. I wonder how many mummies and/or other artifacts they find, or possibly have already found and yet to disclose. Very nice find. (Thumbs up)

Edit To Add:

The pyramid's base was discovered "20 metres below the sands and a doorway for the burial place was also discovered," Hosni said, adding that it seems thieves had looted the pyramid.

Metimes

Hopefully it just "seems" as if thieves have looted it and the artifacts and other treasures are hidden somewhere else. This story has really peaked my interest.

[edit on 11/11/2008 by Forest]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PGTWEED
I can't wait to see what they find inside the tomb in two weeks! I would love be there when they go inside.

There has never been a mummy found in ANY pyramid EVER worldwide. Did you know this?

Untrain your brain..

wZn

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The "newer" pyramids were later on built inside the mountains.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

I never said a Mummy in my post. If Pyramids are not Tombs? How do you explain the presence of a sarcophagus inside for the pharaoh's Mummy?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
I saw this. I also thought it strange that they hadn't already known about this. How could they have not known?

Easy... there is a LOT of sand out there.

It always cracks me up how folks assume we just know everything , and that somehow things are hidden.

As a matter of fact, archaelogists have found a lot of pyramids all over the world in the last few years. Some of them have been under there noses for centuries but assumed to be normal geologic formations until people decided to look deeper.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'll be interested to see the story the hieroglyphics inside and out tell about the time/culture, maybe more than what we already know??

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PGTWEED

I never said a Mummy in my post. If Pyramids are not Tombs? How do you explain the presence of a sarcophagus inside for the pharaoh's Mummy?

Great Question! Well I was looking at Nassim Haramein at the Rogue Valley Metaphysical Library. 2003

Google Video Link

Part 2 is where Nassim reveals what to me seems perfectly logical about pyramids and what their use was for.

The question is will you watch it and see for yourself?

But just to be nice I'll let you in on his theory... Pyramids were basically energy chambers, think electricity. But for a more in depth explaination, AND a very interesting fact, you could watch this. Promise it will be worth it!

wZn

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by scrubsnstuffkim
I'll be interested to see the story the hieroglyphics inside and out tell about the time/culture, maybe more than what we already know??

Did you know NO Egyptian hieroglyphic has EVER depicted ANYTHING to do with construction or even mention the great pyramids there?

And there are A LOT of hieroglyphics in ancient Egypt!

Interesting don't you think?!

wZn

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Go, to the beach on a hot dry day, look for extremly fine sand, and dig a hole.

It will fill itself up again.

Same thing here, the deserts contain some of the finest sands, and they are constanly moving, in the wind.

4300 years can cover most things.

'The pyramid's base was discovered "20 metres below the sands and a doorway for the burial place was also discovered," Hosni said, adding that it seems thieves had looted the pyramid. '

Yeah, looters...

[edit on 12-11-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
now this is interesting.. keep updating the thread as the story keeps goin..
but knowing how these things happen we wont hear about it again for a year or three... heh..
as far as i remember from the hsc in 2005 ancient history.. im pretty sure mummies have been found in pyramids.. like the ones in peru where they found 1300 year old mummies and sacrifices.. since imhotep created the first pyramid for djozer i was pretty sure they were burial monuments and pretty much tombs...
i dunno tho its been along time since school...
are you saying theyr not burial monuments or are you saying they may be but they have never found a mummy inside one?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Sorry ... everything I've seen from Nassim Haramein points to him being just another new age charlatan. I've seen his ridiculous Nibiru/Planet X claims... I have no desire to hear what he has to say about pyramids or anything else for that matter.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Don't apologise, it doesn't bother me what you think

Afterall if we all knew it all, we wouldn't need conspiracy web sites.

But you can check what I wrote about mummies and hieroglyphics, I think you may find it difficult to prove otherwise

Woof!

wZn

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
can i just ask where does this hassim guy get his information....i have heard it once before that they could be energy collecting devices....but i mean how can any of this be proved

i just want you all to remember one thing and it was something said by Stephen Hawking himself..."Why do conspiracy theories always seem to be the work of crackpots and weirdos" Now im not judging anyone but this hassim guy looks like exacly that lol

not to say i dont believe in such things but i think people need to be kept in check. Also i'd like to add this site doesn't vouch for things like free speech...because every time i log into my account the forums just mysteriously dissapear (yes i have been rather opinionated)...i mean it tells me that the webpage cannot be found which is rubbish considering i was just there....so if this website is just a conspiracy in another conspiracy...how is it any better and how can any of this info be taken seriously, i urge the MODS of this site to practice what they preach

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join