It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melamine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I got this in my inbox earlier so I thought I would put it up, If I have put this in the wrong place I'm sorry, Feel free to move it to a relevant place.

Some additional info on the melamine topic.

Subject: MELAMINE (Read to the end) China milk poisoning incidents make everyone afraid to look at the daily news report. Everyday, the reports are changing. No one can clearly tell us what to eat and not to eat.

1.What really is poisoned milk?

It is the milk powder mixed with 'MELAMINE'

What is Melamine use for? It is an industrial chemical
use in the production of melawares.

It is also used in home decoration. 'US resistant board'

Do you understand? Melamine is use in industrial production & it cannot be eaten.

2.Why is Melamine added in milk powder?

The most important nutrient in milk is protein. And Melamine has the same protein that contains 'NITROGEN'

Adding Melamine in milk reduces milk content and it is cheaper than milk so it lowers capitalization.
It can give the business man more profit!

Below is Melamine; doesn't it look like milk?
It doesn't have any smell, so cannot be detected.

3.When was it discovered$B!)(B

Year 2007, US cats and dogs died suddenly, they found that pet food from China contains Melamine.

Starting 2008, In China, an abnormal increase in infant cases of kidney stones.

August 2008 China Sanlu Milk Powder tested with Melamine

Sept. 2008,New Zealand gov't ask China to check this problem
Sept. 21, 2008, lots of food products in Taiwan tested with Melamine

4.What happens when Melamine is digested?

Melamine remains inside the kidney. It forms into stones blocking the tubes.
Pain will be eminent and person cannot urinate. Kidney will then swell.

Although surgery can remove the stones, but it will cause irreversible kidney damage.
It can lead to loss of kidney function and will require kidney dialysis or lead to death
because of uremia.

What is dialysis? In fact, it should be called 'blood washing'; it is filtering all of the body's blood into
the machine and then go back to the body.

The whole process takes 4 hours and it is necessary to dialysis once forevery 3 days for the rest of your life.

Why is it more serious in babies? Because the kidney is very small and they drink a lot of milk powder.
China currenty has 13,000 infants hospitalized

It does not matter how much a human being took Melamine. The important point is
'It cannot be EATEN!'

5.What are the foods to be avoided?

Foods that contain dairy products should be avoided.
Foods with creamer or milk should be avoided.

Here under are the companies affected with Melamine.

Nestle
Maxwell House
Coffee Mate
Pizza Hut
star Bucks
M&M's
Snickers

Plus more.

7.What do we do next?

Avoid the above foods for at least six months.

If you have snack bar, restaurant or coffee shops, stop selling dairy products for the meantime.

If you have infants at home, change to mother's milk or find other substitutes.

Finally, share this information with friends so they will understand the risk of milk poisoning.

The whole world is scared of China made 'black hearted goods'. Can you differentiate which one is made in the USA, Philippines,Taiwan or China? Let me tell you how... the first 3 digits of the barcode is the country code wherein the product was made.

Sample: all barcodes that start with 690.691.692 until 695 are all MADE IN CHINA.
471 is Made inTaiwan

This is our human right to know, but the government and related departments never educate the public, therefore we have to RESCUE ourselves.

Nowadays, Chinese businessmen know that consumers do not prefer products 'made in china', so they don't show from which country it is made.

However, you may now refer to the barcode, remember if the first 3 digits is 690-695 then it is Made in China.

00 ~ 13 USA & CANADA
30 ~ 37 FRANCE
40 ~ 44 GERMANY
49 ~ JAPAN
50 ~ UK
57 ~ Denmark
64 ~ Finland
76 ~ Switzerland and Lienchtenstein
628 ~ Saudi-Arabien
629 ~ United Arab Emirates
740 ~ 745 - Central America

All 480 Codes are Made in the Philippines.

Please inform your family and friends for them to be aware.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
So... Assuming someone bought a couple pounds of bulk dry cheese sauce... Or anything really, that they are concerned about.

How does one tell if their products are contaminated?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well, they cant really, But there is the bar codes so just be vigilant.

You may want to print out the bar code codes to take with you when you shop

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dar Kuma

I think some things are not correct in that text (that I think you should mark as "external"), so here goes my understanding of it.

1.What really is poisoned milk?
It is the milk powder mixed with 'MELAMINE'
Not really, what was adulterated was the milk.

China has lack of milk (the EU had to rise the production of milk to export to China, after China asked for more than was produced), so they add water to the milk and then add melamine to the diluted milk to make it look like milk when analysed.

2.Why is Melamine added in milk powder?
The most important nutrient in milk is protein. And Melamine has the same protein that contains 'NITROGEN'
Adding Melamine in milk reduces milk content and it is cheaper than milk so it lowers capitalization.
Melamine does not have any protein, but it has a higher level of Nitrogen than animal protein.

So, after diluting milk with water, they add melamine to fool the tests that use Nitrogen as a measure of protein.

It's not the adding of melamine "per se" that reduces the milk content (for that to happen it should be a large volume of melamine, and that would be more easily detected), the melamine is added to hide the diluting of the milk.

I don't know why those companies appear in that supposed list of affected companies, according to this Wikipedia page, none of those companies appear, and while is easy to delete information on Wikipedia it is also easy to add it, so I think that this list looks more like a fake list to make people avoid those products for some reason.

Nowadays, Chinese businessmen know that consumers do not prefer products 'made in china', so they don't show from which country it is made.
In the EU it is mandatory to show the country of origin, unless it's from the EU, in that case it may say just "EU".

Here (at the bottom of the page) you can see a complete list of UPC codes (the bar codes).

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I think some things are not correct in that text (that I think you should mark as "external"), so here goes my understanding of it.

yes, thats why I put that I got it through my inbox, the whole thing was external, Are you shooting the messenger?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

No, just saying that the messenger could have used the existing external tags to show that the text was not his own, as it is it's a little difficult to know where your text ends and the other begins.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
oh yes, sorry

the whole thing really was external. Just the first 3 lines at the top were mine.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Most of the contaminated products are from China... mostly distributed around SE Asia.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
i doubt it is just in SE asia. that is what the news media is saying, but I read somewhere that that us imports 20 million pounds of milk from china.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I received the same post today in my mail box....telling me about the dangers of melanine as well as the bar code numbers.

Now, I have been aware of this for a while, since I live in Japan. I`ve been especially concerned over the pet food I give to my dog

When the melanine food scare started, I checked all my dog`s food and found that some of the stuff I was giving him was made in China...THe importer was Japanese, but the conuntry of origin, was china...I stopped giving him that straight away.

Now, since I still had a few of those made in China packets, after receiving the bar code mail, I decided to check the bar code on the `made in China` packs....

WEll, they have 4-90....as if they were made in Japan....
But as I said before, on the pack, in Japanese, it says that they are made in China...

HOw can we be sure at this point?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The only thing to be sure about is not to buy any chinese products, It can be acheived if you print out the barcode codes and just check while you are at the mall/supermarket or anywhere.

Just flat out dont buy chinese imported goods.

and thanks to the people that have either starred or flagged this.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by Dar Kuma]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dar Kuma
The only thing to be sure about is not to buy any chinese products, It can be acheived if you print out the barcode codes and just check while you are at the mall/supermarket or anywhere.

Just flat out dont buy chinese imported goods.

and thanks to the people that have either starred or flagged this.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by Dar Kuma]

Found this link which says the barcode does not nesessarily indiciate the product's country of origin,just where it was assigned:
www.snopes.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The barcode information has been proven to be false and misleading according to Mike Adams at NaturalNews.com. Here is the article -

Myth busted: Food Barcodes Do Not Reveal Products Made in China

by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, December 8, 2008
Key concepts: Melamine, Made in China and Food safety

Looking to avoid food products made in China? I don't blame you: The country has become the world capitol of contaminated foods.

A circulating email claims that UPC barcodes reveal the country of origin for food products. Anything made in China, the email informs us, will begin with three digits in the range of 690 to 695.

Products made in the U.S. begin with 00 to 13, says the email.

This information is false. NaturalNews looked into the barcode issue to determine the reliability of this advice and found it to be pure fiction.

Many nutritional supplements made in the U.S., for example, actually begin with 85, and there is no correlation between the country in which a UPC symbol is registered and where a particular product is actually manufactured.

It's far better to look for the phrase, "Made in USA" (or whatever country you're in). Definitely avoid food products that say, "Made in China."

Unless, of course, you think your diet is deficient in melamine.

Bottom line: Don't believe the emails that claim you can tell which products are made in China just by reading the bar code.

And the best strategy of all? Stop buying conventional processed foods altogether. Processed factory foods are usually dangerous to your health in one way or another, regardless of where they are made. U.S. food manufacturers, for example, load up foods with cancer-causing nitrates, MSG, aspartame, refined sugars, partially-hydrogenated oils, petrochemical additives and deadly levels of processed sodium.

Just because it's made in the USA doesn't mean it's safe.

Remember this:

The difference between food made in China vs. food made in the U.S. is that Chinese foods will kill you quickly while U.S. foods will kill you slowly.

Whitewraithe~
www.whitewraithe.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I'll put on my professional hat here and comment on this contamination problem.

Products get contaminated more just by the use of Chinese raw materials such as milk powders or protein sources such as the contaminated gluten. These products can be added to foods without mentioning the country of origin or placing anything on the label. So that is a fallicy or louphole in our system and makes it hard to trace origins.

The FDA and other agencies can easily test for melamine using chromatography and other cheap tests but they would have to test a broad sample of products and publish the results. Hopefully they have done this and pulled the products found. That's what they did with the pet food so owners and vets were checking daily to see what products were contaminated. None of the pet foods actually originated in China that I know of but were contaminated with Chinese ingredients.

Why melanine keeps turning up in Chinese products is perplexing. One hopes it was accidental but questions arise that it may have been intentional as melamine is cheap and looks like protein which is expensive.

Interesting that only 4 children actually died in China but tens of thousands ended up in the hospital and kidney damage can be permanent. You'd think they would have learned from the pet food contamination experience last year!?

top topics

join