It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Follow-up story: Mombasa Imam who confirmed Obama's birth place arrives in the UK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Something needs to be done.. Mainstream media absolutely refuses to pick up on any of this. They Don't want their poster boy to be found constitutionally unable to be our US President.
Even more sad is the fact that to some people on this board it doesn't matter where he was born. they'd just assume to throw the constitution out the door so he can be president. Here's an idea.. lets get Osama Bin Ladin to come over here.. hell even he can be president under the laws of some people on here.

[edit on 11/11/2008 by l0rds0fcha0s]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is actually quite funny when you think about it.

Not only are his "enemies" still trying to besmirch his name and his birthplace, they have now trotted out a Muslim to show that he wasn't born an american.

Kind of trying a double whammy on him, by keeping 2 conspiracies going at once, the first being that he wasn't born in the US and the second about his "terrorist" connections

I can imagine the people who are running with this saying "Quick, find a muslim who'll say something to discredit him"

And of course he is getting nothing out of this at all.

Oh, apart from help with an asylum application which will no doubt let him live in the country which is America's biggest ally
and doubtless claim benefits.

[edit on 11/11/2008 by budski]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
This is all so much nonsense...
... all is needed is one parent as a United States citizen for it to be conferred on the child no matter where that child is born...

Grover...I seem to recall explaining this to you already in another thread a month or so ago. I'll cut/paste the reason why your quote here is incorrect.

The argument for his not being a natural born citizen if born in Kenya is based on the version of this law that was in place when Obama was actually born. You are quoting the current version which was enacted in 1986 and is much more lenient. The pre-1986 version apparantly required 5 years after 16, not 2 as the current one does. I've seen excerpts (I'm looking at one now), but I'll go out and try to find the full context and post it here when I do.

Edit: Having trouble finding the full context since it's an old law. I've seen this excerpt all over the place.

"If only one person is a US citizen at time of one's birth that parent must have resided in the UNITED STATES for a minimum ten years, five of which must be after the age of 16. "

I've seen references on a few official sites that this law read identical to this except the five years had to be after the age of 14, not 16. Either way, if Obama was born in Kenya it won't work.

I've also seen links to a court case in which it was decided that the post-1986 rules were not retroactive to births before that time. Obama was definitely born under the more stringent requirements.

It comes down to one thing...where was he really born. If it's Hawaii, he's good to go. If it's Kenya, he cannot be President. I gotta say...I'm more than a little suspicious on his reasons for not just producting the documents without having to be forced by a court.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by scrubsnstuffkim
If they held a vote to change the constitution in order to make it okay for Obama to be Prez (assuming he WASN'T born in the US), don't you think that just as many people that voted for him (and they are passionate people when it comes to Obama) will vote to do whatever it takes to keep him in that position?? I mean, they didn't do all they did to get him there, just to roll over and let him get kicked out especially if they have any control over it.

In order to ratify an amendment, 38 states (3/4) need to approve the change. Obama won 30 states. If your thought is that the same people who voted him into office would make sure this amendment went through...it's not likely.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think it would be horrible if Obama were proven to be born outside of US. If you want a true conspiracy it would be the one to cover this up if in fact it were true. Also, I think precedence for succession would be the VP getting sworn in.

Amendment 20 - Presidential, Congressional Terms. Ratified 1/23/1933

3. If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President...

[edit on 11-11-2008 by Marid Audran]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Perhaps this is what Colon Bowell and Biden were talking about as something big happening, an "international crises" and citizens will have decide whether to side with the President or not.

Interesting

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Arnold Schwartzenagger cannot run for president. Neither could anyone born in canada, who has since become a US citizen.

I'm glad that you brought that up. Hasn't he been working on amending the constitution so that he can become eligible? Maybe he only talked about it but I seem to remember reading or hearing that he was working with a legal team on this issue. And if he has been working on this, I would think whatever progress he has made would work in Obama's favor.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Go back and you will see that I have been talking about his for a year! Now we have a Constitutional crisis on our hands - thanks to the Democrats who NEVER vetted this guy properly. He is not even legally allowed to hold the office of Senator if what is speculated is true.

His own paternal grandmother stated that he was born in Kenya and has offered to show anyone the birthplace if they visit. She stated that she was there when he was born. The laws on the books at the time would NOT make him eligible to be a citizen of the US simply because his mother was from the US.

What is so funny is the liberals absolutely freaking out over this. Guess we'll see what happens here.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

In order to ratify an amendment, 38 states (3/4) need to approve the change. Obama won 30 states. If your thought is that the same people who voted him into office would make sure this amendment went through...it's not likely.

I disagree - I think Obama would get the 30 states and at LEAST 8 more, if for no other reason than for the sake of keeping the peace! I think the overwhelming fear of civil unrest and rioting would give Obama ALL of the states.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

I thought the law or Constitution couldn't be amended to benefit one person.

Also, the amendment wouldn't be retroactive, would it?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Also, the amendment wouldn't be retroactive, would it?

Good point. But couldn't they just use a grandfather clause or something?

Everyone is pointing out how it would be impossible to amend the constitution but I still think that TPTB would do anything and everything to have a work-around so that Obama could remain President. For all we know there are thousands of lawyers working on it right this second. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Obama was elected by slightly over "one-half the people" .

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

He won't be removed from office. He has already been elected. Even the Supreme Court's decision, based on this evidence, will be insufficient in doing so. It would be a breach of the division of powers. Congress will retroactively vote his citizenship into being. And that will be the end of it.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

That was my thinking also. There is not enough "Blue States" to ratify, so the constitution won't be changed. This means something else is going to happen if Obama is finally nailed on this subject.

As myself and many here have stated, Obama just has to produce the proper birth certificate to make this go away. That has not happened yet so we are all left to speculate.

Will our country honor the rule of law or brush this under the rug with all of the other filth that's been covered up?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Will our country honor the rule of law or brush this under the rug with all of the other filth that's been covered up?

It's not filth. HOPEFULLY people will get this through their thick *snip*skulls. It's not a law. It's an irrelevant clause in our Constitution.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/11/08 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Marid Audran

3. If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President...

Does the Vice-President has to be born in the USA? I know that the President has to be.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

I can't imagine Arnold as President. You think the Bush jokes were bad! Arnold can't even balance the budget for his own state. He is bowing at the alter of the feds begging for his own handout. RINO plain and simple and was elected because the vast majority of people are lazy, not informed, and apathetic. Why not elect the terminator dude........

Back on topic, do you think Obama would step down if he was told that he cannot be President?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cognoscente

It's not filth. HOPEFULLY people will get this through their thick #ing skulls. It's not a law. It's an irrelevant clause in our Constitution.

So are you advocating that we can now just pick and choose what is relevant and not now?

I know many on the left love that idea. A constitution that evolves at the whim of the current leadership.

Why have a constitution at all?

What's next to be thrown out?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Looks like somebody tried to propose an amendment over this

# To allow non-natural born citizens to become President if they have been a citizen for 20 years
# To specifically allow Congress to regulate the amount of personal funds a candidate to public office can expend in a campaign
# To ensure that apportionment of Representatives be set by counting only citizens

www.usconstitution.net...

I wonder who was trying to think ahead.....

[edit on 11-11-2008 by jam321]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join