It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Follow-up story: Mombasa Imam who confirmed Obama's birth place arrives in the UK

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

Thanks for the info. I couldn't find much about Indonesian law, so I'm not certain what their immigration/citizenship laws are.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Jenna]

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Jenna]

No problem. My main point (I didn't explain very well) was that regardless of Indonisian Law, if he was born in the US he wouldn't have ever had to really give up citizenship, Indonisia just wouldn't have recognised it, if he took their citizenship.

Techically you can't have dual nationality but legally you can hold both passports and stay a citizen in both - just you can't be a citizen of both at the same time.

eg. If my daughter travelled to the US on her American passport and committed a crime, she wouldn't be able to ask for assistance from the British embassy, as the US and Britain wouldn't recognise her as a British citizen even if she had her British passport available.

However, if she committed the crime and managed to return to Britain then she'd only be recognised as a British citizen, by the British authorities, and would receive assistance as a British citizen.

Just to complicate it further - if she travelled back home to Spain (she's only a resident here) and was tracked down, she could choose whether to use her British or US citizenship. She just couldn't use both.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by basilray

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
So... the site that published this story was shut down for violating terms of service (spreading of lies anyone?).

Time to let this thread die?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Well now where's the fun in that?

Actually, I think we stopped talking about them awhile ago and moved on to the legalities of citizenship. Of course, that should probably have it's own thread...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

You must be a Natural Born Citizen or born on foreign US land, ie military base.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Andrew Jackson had three different counties provide a BC, but he was born to Brits on the high seas.
Abe Lincoln had two different BC from different counties.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

You are following what most people belive to be true. However, the Immigration and Nationality Act, as it read in 1961 has to be the definiton.

In 1961, the Immigration and Nationality Act stated that a child being born to one alien parent (ie. Non Citizen) and one citizen parent in a matitial relationship, required that the sole US citized parent to have resided inthe United States for a period of ten years, five of which must have been over the age of 14.

So, if B Obama was born outside the United States or it's Outlying Posessions, and if B Obama's mother was 18 at the time of his birth, then he is, in fact, NOT a US citizen by bithright.

I referenced the following article for this information:

www.scribd.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Jenna, if you go to your county courthouse, they usually have a law library there, which is open to the public.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aod112
F=C
I didn't read all of the replies, but as an outsider, I'd say, be smart. Cuck his origin, Cuck your constitution. Do the right think. You all saw him as a senator for years. Knew he was coming forward with wishes to be the next president. You all elected him not because of where he was born, not because of the color of his skin, but rather (I'd like to believe) for the principles he holds. Wouldn't you rather have a black, Muslim origin man with strong principles who wants to lead a nation into a prosperous future, then a dumb old conservative white guy? Start living in the present century. What should matter is how a person engages you intellectually and motivates you for a better change, not his origin.

And again. Sorry, but Cuck the constitution. There are some in there that are quite important but there are others which just should not be present in the modern world. I am an 18 year old Marxist and a determinist and this statement is not based on me preferring Obama, rather it's based on the belief that Americans have a functioning brain while allows them to understand what's good for the nation.

Sorry, but you don't understand what happened here. IMO, he was elected for two reasons; his excellent speaking, and beCAUSE he is black, and all the white voters for him were trying to prove to themselves and others that they were not this big, bad, prejudiced type. Those voters are TOTALLY ignorant of his radical communist politics about robbing the rich to give to the not so rich. No white person could EVER have won with such a radical left wing history. The voters didn't know squat about him, or his politics. They know he is a good speaker, and he is black. That's it. NOW they will find out and he will be, if he becomes POTUS, the most unpopular president ever. IMO. There WERE no conservative candidates. Vote for the less of two evils. Heck, just vote for the most popular. That is all it was, a popularity contest, American style.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by Gregarious]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Married??? How can you legally marry a man who is already married to another woman??? I think the reason for hiding the birth certificate is because of the date. It was not issued on the dats he was born. His mother came back to the states and applied for a birth certificate then. Who knows if there ever was a record of his birth in another country??

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join