Follow-up story: Mombasa Imam who confirmed Obama's birth place arrives in the UK

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

There is documentation that he was born here. There is no documentation that he was born elsewhere, or otherwise gave/lost his citizenship.

That's a fact.

reply to post by Jemison

Deal with crazy theories?

What do you call the State Department of Hawaii verifying that they hold his original BC and that it is valid?

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
There would be NO REASON for this thread to exist if Obama would just be honest and tell the American people what they want to know about his birth place.
Why is he keeping so quite about this ?
He has to know that many people want to know this very important piece of information.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

If he responded and was not QUIET about it, then people would accuse him of being defensive.

He has followed proper legal procedures. The State Department has verified his original birth certificate.

Quit deflecting and let us know what else you want.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

There is hardly any documentation regarding him anywhere about anything. Lack of documentation is not proof for or against anything, it is only lack of documentation. And as I said before, there have been a few documents found that list his citizenship as Indonesian. Don't tell me you just skipped over them when they were posted in at least two of these threads about his citizenship as embedded images.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

No, I have seen them, but they are missing the key element of him giving up his U.S. citizenship.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I was under the impression that a child's citizenship is determined by the parents. For example, if my husband and I moved to England and became citizens of England, our children would also have citizenship in England. If we moved to France and became citizens, our children would be citizens of France. If I am correct, which I'm not sure about but I'm sure someone will tell me if I am not, then if Obama's mother moved and became a citizen of Indonesia and his step-father adopted him or whatever was done for him to go to school in Indonesia then his citizenship would follow that of his parents, or parent in this case. It seems to me that there would have to have been some sort of paperwork to show at the time he was a citizen of Indonesia for that to show up on his school records from there.

Again, this is based on my impression that a child's citizenship follows that of the parents. If I am wrong, please correct me.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
There would be NO REASON for this thread to exist if Obama would just be honest and tell the American people what they want to know about his birth place.

It only exists in the conspiracy forums, the far right spin sites, and the minds of the ignorant.

I have witnessed for the first time on this sight a lack of progression in the area of coming to common ground based on the lack of acceptance in the light of evidence.

Documentation and statements from the state of Hawaii, and surely the federal Government would have been all over this way way back.

This whole thread is a joke, and not becoming of a sight that denies ignorance. I applaud those of you members who have the common sense to understand that this issue is really spin and smear and those that would seek to promote it are merely seeking discord after a resounding vote of confidence in Obama.

Peace

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I am not sure about that. It wouldn't seem logical that parents could make that decision for a child, but it's possible. I would need to see some sort of legal code to believe it though.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I've tried finding some sort of law or code about it and came up empty, but I may need to adjust my search terms. (Darn Boolean searches... Never can get them right without a lot of tweaking and always end up with a mile long list of +'s and -'s.) I'll try again and maybe I'll get lucky this time.

It would make sense to me if a child's citizenship did follow that of the parents though. Otherwise you end up with a child that is a citizen of one country and parents who are citizens of another, and that just doesn't seem right to me. I could be wrong though.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

I admit I haven't read all the replies to this post but my comment is regarding the city of Mombassa itself. I was there in 1999 for whatever reason, the city was heavily influenced by the Muslim religion and I was warned numerous times to stop shooting videos of the people there. Whatever the Imam has to say about Obama, consider it a lie, that's all I'm saying. It is a beautiful city though, too bad they have all those religious nutjobs living there.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

It's not really up to you, I don't believe. You haven't made a claim. There are plenty of others on this thread who should be doing that work besides you.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

True, but I would imagine that if anyone else has tried they have probably had as much trouble as I have. Besides, it's going to drive me nuts now until I know the answer.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I truly love when stuff like this happens. Great source guys. I hope you all realize how far down the pipes your credibility is going!

Your Source

This blog has been archived or suspended for a violation of our Terms of Service.

You can create your own free blog on WordPress.com.

Epic fail. Even the people who they rented from thinks this site sucks.

Here's a list of a few of those who believed this blog without fact checking:

on_yur_6
centurion1211
ZindoDoone

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Can't find anything specific to Indonesia, though I did find a site that basically said any online information regarding Indonesian immigration is only available on a subscription site, which I'm not willing to pay for just to satisfy my curiosity, and that pretty much the only place to find it without paying for a subscription is from a law book, which I don't think I will find at my local library. What I have found is the US regulations regarding minor children and immigration.

Child Citizenship Act Program Update
Frequently Asked Questions about the CCA
1) Does my child qualify for automatic citizenship under the CCA?

Under CCA, your child will automatically acquire U.S. citizenship on the date that all of the following requirements are satisfied:

* At least one adoptive parent is a U.S. citizen,
* The child is under 18 years of age,
* If the child is adopted, a full and final adoption of the child, and
* The child is admitted to the United States as an immigrant

So basically as long as the above conditions are met the child is granted US citizenship. Of course this is only for the US and does not mean that other countries laws are the same. The version I found at VisaLaw.com is essentially the same except it adds in natural born children instead of just adopted children. They are both supposed to be about children classified as IR-3 so I'm not sure why there is a discrepancy between the two.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

So what if he becomes defensive.

He OWES this information to this American people.

What do you mean "Quit deflecting and let us know what else you want."

I believe theres alot more uncovered infomation lurking out there.

In time this man will be exposed for what he is.

A lier and a phony.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by MagicaRose]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

What I am saying is that every time one claim/accusation is answered, it's not enough, another one is made up so that the witch hunt can continue.

So, I am asking what the big question is, so that when it is answered, we can all move on.

reply to post by Jenna

Good work!

Glad to see someone does something around here.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

I am angry and disappointed that this fraud, Obama has been allowed to rise to this position and that so many Americans voted for him.
I call on ALL Americans to contact your congressmen, Governors, Secreteriis of State, Each Supreme Court Judge and the president of the USA and demand that the attention be given to the lacking information of Barack Obama.
There are far too many questions still unanswered about this man and full disclosure should be demanded of him. He is no different than any other individual who runs for office and should be given no special treatment.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
F=C
I didn't read all of the replies, but as an outsider, I'd say, be smart. Cuck his origin, Cuck your constitution. Do the right think. You all saw him as a senator for years. Knew he was coming forward with wishes to be the next president. You all elected him not because of where he was born, not because of the color of his skin, but rather (I'd like to believe) for the principles he holds. Wouldn't you rather have a black, Muslim origin man with strong principles who wants to lead a nation into a prosperous future, then a dumb old conservative white guy? Start living in the present century. What should matter is how a person engages you intellectually and motivates you for a better change, not his origin.

And again. Sorry, but Cuck the constitution. There are some in there that are quite important but there are others which just should not be present in the modern world. I am an 18 year old Marxist and a determinist and this statement is not based on me preferring Obama, rather it's based on the belief that Americans have a functioning brain while allows them to understand what's good for the nation.

P.S. No offense to ATS, but this is just a waste of time with theories which we will hold and modify to accommodate our curiosity.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

I was under the impression that a child's citizenship is determined by the parents. For example, if my husband and I moved to England and became citizens of England, our children would also have citizenship in England. If we moved to France and became citizens, our children would be citizens of France. If I am correct, which I'm not sure about but I'm sure someone will tell me if I am not, then if Obama's mother moved and became a citizen of Indonesia and his step-father adopted him or whatever was done for him to go to school in Indonesia then his citizenship would follow that of his parents, or parent in this case. It seems to me that there would have to have been some sort of paperwork to show at the time he was a citizen of Indonesia for that to show up on his school records from there.

Again, this is based on my impression that a child's citizenship follows that of the parents. If I am wrong, please correct me.

I'm a British citizen by birth and married an American citizen by birth. I never took American citizenship because I'd have to give up my British citizenship because dual citizenship with Britain wasn't (isn't?) available. I just had residency for the USA.

Our daughter was born in England and therefore held British citizenship. However, we also registered her birth at the US embassy, in London, and she has both British and US birth certificates. At the time we were told that if she was in the US her British citizenship wouldn't be recognised and if we were in Britain her US citizenship wouldn't be recognised because officially she can't have dual citizenship but she can hold both passports and use whichever she prefers.

She doesn't have to give up citizenship to either country but they don't recognise she's a citizen of the other country too. Crazy really but I don't make the rules and it's a good job I kept my British citizenship as I divorced her dad a few years later and moved back to England. My 2nd husband legally adopted her when she was 6 but she still holds her US birth certificate and citizenship and can use them whenever she likes.

Maybe the same applies to Barack Obama - if he was born in the US and was able to take Indonesian citizenship without actually giving up his US citizenship. Maybe they just don't recognise dual citizenship, as in my daughter's case.

I found out I could've done the same with the US - I could've become a citizen and technically held dual citizenship but legally the US and Britain wouldn't recognise my citizenship of the other country.

Edit:- Basically, it's not illegal to hold dual citizenship with US and Britain but legally they don't have to recognise you hold citizenship of the other country. When in the US she wouldn't get assistance from the British embassy and when in Britain she wouldn't get assistance from the US embassy.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Maya00a]

2nd Edit:- If it's the same with Indonesia and dual citizenship then he would never have actually given up his US citizenship even if he took Indonesian citizenship - they simply don't recognise citizenship of the other country while you're in their country. Indonesia would never have accepted he was still a US citizen, while he was in Indonesia, and the US would never have accepted that he was an Indonesian citizen, while he was in the US.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Maya00a]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aod112

Actually, I personally would rather have a president who is from this country, tells the complete truth all the time about everything, and will actually fix the things in this country that need fixing. Doesn't have anything to do with race or religion. As for getting rid of the Constitution, thanks but no thanks. As outdated as a Marxist from another country may think it is, it has served our country pretty well with a few minor changes so I think we'll keep it.

Not that a person like the one I described exists. But a person can dream can't they.

edit to add:

reply to post by Maya00a

Thanks for the info. I couldn't find much about Indonesian law, so I'm not certain what their immigration/citizenship laws are.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Jenna]

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Jenna]

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join