It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
So if some of you guys missed it, Sen. President-Elect Obama, had his first press conference. Listen to this reporters question, as its in regards to Iran. Notice how Obama is lying and hes just trying to stick to his script..

Which is interesting because I don't remember how seeing this official statement anywhere else:

The ad’s announcer states: "Iran. Radical Islamic government. Known sponsors of terrorism. Developing nuclear capabilities to 'generate power' but threatening to eliminate Israel. Obama says Iran is a 'tiny' country, 'doesn't pose a serious threat.' Terrorism, destroying Israel, those aren't 'serious threats'? Obama – dangerously unprepared to be president."

Full Article Here

Shorty after Sen. President Elect Obama became 44th president and apparently received a congratulations from the Iranian President. Is this testing his backbone?

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad broke with tradition and sent a landmark congratulations to President-Elect Barack Obama, on becoming the 44th President of the United States. The approach to Obama is significant, because Iran has not offered congratulations to any new US President since the two countries broke off diplomatic relations in 1979.

Full Article Found Here

So I'm trying to understand if this has anything to do with, Pakistan which Sen. Obama has been declaring we focus our strategy.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

Oh lord.

Who does Ahmadinejad think he's fooling? Now he's kissing Obama's butt so he'll lift sanctions and be mr. friendly so the economy can improve and he can keep his job...

Ahmadinejad.

I hope Obama ignores him and he's voted out. The iranian people really liked Obamas victory speech.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Here is the thing.

First, the Iranian Pres offered congrats to Obama.. a significant gesture.

Obama, basically said... "We continue to be against Iranian aspirations for nuclear powers".

To which an Iranian Ambasador said "Obama should remember he ran on Change."

So here we have basic sword rattling politics. I'm not sure if he handled it right or not as of yet. At first glance I thought he was being harsh, but this was after he had his first TS briefing. It's obvious to me now though, that it wasn't an impulsive answer, as I once thought it might have been.

Then again, perhaps Obama is trying honestly to maintain the current administrations stance until he is President, at which time he will show his true feelings about Iran, which might be exactly as he stated the other day.

Anyway you look at it though, it was definitely an interesting incident that I picked up on much more than the Nancy Reagan or Mutt quips.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by HunkaHunka]

new topics

join