It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with Avatar?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hello all!

I am looking for someone who can give me some suggestions or help on resizing my avatar.

Here is the image...

It has been deleted due to it being over the size limit. However, I have searched and searched for a quick and easy resizing tool, but have yet to find one that is able to keep it animated.

I would really appreciate your help!!!

Thanks!!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Do you have the gimp, and its main animation add on, the gap. Its open source but made for all platforms. I just did a quick google search. This is the first set of instructions, and you can also check into the others:

here

named: Resizing animated pics without losing animation in Gimp

hope this helps.

Edit to add: my google search was: gimp gap resizing animated image (as key words)

[edit on 11-11-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Thanks mystiq!

I have had GIMP on my computer at home before, however, something is quirky with it and it always would freeze up and I would have to restart my computer, so I was never able to use it. Therefore I ended up deleting it.

I will keep trying different things though. I'm at work right now, but when I get home I might retry it. I could have downloaded a bad version or something.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Its the free open source version of photoshop. Available for linux, windows, macs. There are tons of tutorials for it online.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I just googled and found this. Its free and its supposed to work for sizing animated avatars without losing the animation. www.gifworks.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

For some reason, that link is not pulling anything up for me. It acts like it is going to the page, however it just sits there and eventually times out. I'm at work so I know it's not my internet connection.

Anyways... I'll just wait until I get home and try the Gimp.

Thanks for all the help!!!

[edit on 11/11/2008 by ou_sooners_19]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ou_sooners_19

I tried resizing it for you on Animation shop. The resizing works fine but the file was still too big for ATS (75 KB limit) due to the amount of frames in the GIF. Then I tried doing it for you at the link above but it only allows uploads of up to 400 KB (which the image currently exceeds). So, I tried. Hopefully someone else will have more luck.
It's not just the resizing that is important- it also has to be below 75K. No luck on my end accomplishing both.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Well I really appreciate you trying. That was very nice of you!

I might have to just give up on it and go with something else. It's just an avatar... right?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
AshleyD,

Love your Avatar! Did you do yours yourself?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

Hey thanks. I made the avatar but not completely from scratch. The below image was used as the base then it was tweaked/created from there:

kencho.deviantart.com...

If you need an avatar, just fire me off a u2u or check out THIS thread and I'll be happy to help.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I don't have enough "points" apparently to U2U you. I would love for you to help me with an avatar. Basically, I want yours! lol... Love it. my screen name is 1curious1 and I love pink. I was thinking something with the "pink Panther, but after having found your avatar, that just sounds cheesy... I love the angel (I too am a conservative christian) and I can't stress how much I LOVE PINK.

Would appreciate any assistance you could give.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1
I love the angel (I too am a conservative christian) and I can't stress how much I LOVE PINK.

We'll get along just fine.

Ok, here is something. If you feel it is too 'froo-froo' we can do something else:

No worries if you don't like it. I'll just steal it from you.

If you want something else, click HERE for pink angel results. It can be hard to find a good one but they are there.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
AWESOME!!!! I just found it. Now I just need to get it to my profile. Thank you sooooo much!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It looks like you cut the 'g' off at the end of the url for jpg. Your avatar isn't showing up. Try redoing it and make sure you have the g on the end and it should work.

P.S. Glad you like it.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yeah! Ashley, I so appreciate the assistance. As you can see, I got it on there (thanks to your help) and bought the pink background. While it's not PERFECT like yours (by the way, if you ever want to ditch that one, look me up
it's 2nd Perfect. Love it! Is there a way for me to thank you by stars or flags or applause or something on ATS that I'm not aware of? If so, let me know and I'll definitely flag, star, clap... whatever

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

haha Nah. Just glad you like it. More than anything, it's cool to have another member with a pink angel avatar. We'll start an ATS revolution.

Just teasing. Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ou_sooners_19

What exactly is the size that you need? H X W X memory size. I can do it really easily with some stuff I have for ya, free o' charge!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

GIF and JPEG file formats only with a maximum dimension of 160 pixels wide, by 320 pixels tall . File sizes are not to exceed 75k, and animated GIF's are allowed. (physical size can extend up to 400 pixels tall for images under 50k in file size)

Maybe you could squeeze those 14 px out of your own avatars' width while you're at it.

[edit on 22/11/08 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

All this time that I have been posting and had to deal with mods, it just figures that it would take me offering to help someone just because I wanted to, to get someone to complain about my avatar.

P.S. A simple U2U would have sufficed if it were a problem. Thanks a bunch for truly making me regret offering to help a stranger.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by angel of lightangelo]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

Relax mate. I posted the guidelines to help you, help ou_sooners_19, not admonish you.

See, I'm just here to help too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join