It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we divide the USA in to two new countries

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
We've been having a similar discussion where Quebec is concerned for a while and it always ends up the same-- stay together! Besides, I don't think that giving republicans the northern half is such a great idea...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well I believe, The USA will soon become The USSA.
whether we want it or not... some representation...
after all 97% of the population said no to 700 billion - and they past it anyway..? Ok, whats the point>?????

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yes.

The Republic of Texas, and everybody else.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

yes that was my point. if only to change the name "state" to "country" to get the idea across. each state(country) should uphold the constitution, and be left to create their own regional laws. then everyone could live in a place that they feel comfortable in.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
hey i stared and flagged the thread just because i like this kind of broad vague question mainly to see the types of responses it generates and see how pepole think when given a broad range to work with like this. i personally don't feel the origional idea is doable at all but i will entertain the idea:
it would be extremely troublesome mainly because of families getting split up, the cost of relocating, finding jobs in a different place, many would choose to stay in whatever "country"they were already in because of fear of being out of place or not having everything they already had, ie house car yard family what have you.
but it is interesting to see who would actually spring for this if the chance arose.
i started a thread asking what you would do if you could make your vote count for 1000 people instead of just one vote, asking if anyone felt so strongly about a candidate that they would cheat to help get them in, and i am looking forward to intresting responses, and please be honest!
here's a link : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Spliting the country has been tried before.

It started the Civil War.

So it won't work. Too bad though. It's like the utopia the democrats keep reaching for. It doesn't exist and never can or will, but it's a nice thought.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GeneralLee

I am all for this as a conservitive i feel this country is losing its moral fiber and is being pressed upon my way of life - my freedoms

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I think we could afford to get rid of California. There is so much crap that comes from that State; Emission Standards, Useless Information on products we use to comply with California's snobbish standards, Nancy Pelosi, Hollywood Imbecilic Actors and Entertainers, the upcoming expense of impending disaster because a lot of those idiots live on active earthquake fault lines.

Lets build a wall and give it its own Nation status. Then maybe provoke a little war and nuke it.

PS: I was born in Sacramento, I had the brains to move.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I wanna play too.

I say we start small. With North and South Carolina.
Each gets an Equal starting budget.

Participants choose a liberal or conservative role.
Flip a coin to see who gets North, who gets South.

Allow no direct contact between North and South, only other outside influences for trade and travel.

Start the clock, let it run for 20 years. See who wins.
Winner gets first choice and a slightly larger percentage when dividing the whole country.

How to determine a winner?
Most Budget money left over.
Healthiest population.
Least crime (person against person)
Most reliable infrastructure...
Add more, if you can think of any..

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The premise of this question is ridiculous, and as such, has no rational answer.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUSWe may find Russia or China looking at Alaska's resources and hoping to have them as their own. Essentially dividing the US will set the stage for the world's major powers to fight over North America like they fought over Europe in World War 1 and 2.

kind of like a... how you say...
REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH???

yeah...
that' the ticket..

-

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
I think we could afford to get rid of California. There is so much crap that comes from that State;

And kill Lucid? We need him.

Lets build a wall and give it its own Nation status.

Like Status = Utopia

Then maybe provoke a little war and nuke it.

Good luck penetrating our tinfoil deflectors..

PS: I was born in Sacramento, I had the brains to move.

Which is where I live
Both Native American heritage from Suckramento yet such different outlooks!

Strange, I am pretty sure Sacramento is the only place in Cali that is conservative and republican in majority...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by prototism
The premise of this question is ridiculous, and as such, has no rational answer.

No rational answer!?...

Muahahaha

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I think a better solution would be to outlaw party politics.

Our Government is supposed to be a Government "Of the people, by the people, for the people."

It has turned into a Government "Of the party, by the party, for the party."

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SailorinAZ

I was thinking more along the lines of Texas, and everyone else...lol

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I really appreciate everyone's opinions and feedback on this subject. You really are an intelligent forward thinking group of people.

I was surprised at how many liberals seemed to be opposed to the idea.

What do you think life would be like in Liberal Land USSA and Conservative Land CSA?

USSA: gay marriage would be ok, guns would be illegal, everyone would be payed equally no matter what job they have or do not have, taxes would be extremely high, there would be no Christmas, just a winter holiday, every other child aborted, etc.

CSA: Animals hunted to extinction, environment destroyed, become unemployed and your SOL, to old to work and didn't save any money, your SOL, no exploration in to alternative energy, etc.

Perhaps we are better off staying as one and finding common ground.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Considering the way things are right now, yes I would completely support this idea. Unfortunately though, from what I've learned, only Texas has the right to secede if they don't like where the country is going. That was part of their contract when they joined the union.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ
I was wondering how you would feel or what people’s thoughts would be on dividing the USA into two parts. I.e. Two countries. One country consisting of conservatives and the other country liberals.

No, because liberals will eventually take over the whole world, why would we downsize? "Blessed are the peacemakers(liberals), for they shall inherit the earth."

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

I wanna play too.

I say we start small. With North and South Carolina.
Each gets an Equal starting budget.

Participants choose a liberal or conservative role.
Flip a coin to see who gets North, who gets South.

Allow no direct contact between North and South, only other outside influences for trade and travel.

Start the clock, let it run for 20 years. See who wins.
Winner gets first choice and a slightly larger percentage when dividing the whole country.

How to determine a winner?
Most Budget money left over.
Healthiest population.
Least crime (person against person)
Most reliable infrastructure...
Add more, if you can think of any..

It would all work well and good until one side smelled Carolina BBQ cooking from across the other's border, then there would be either mass immigration from one side to the other or there would be all out war.

We love our state rights as much as the next guys....but the second BBQ is added to the equation you may as well forget the rest

PS: I love our good neighbors to the south, I even have a sister in Charleston. One thing I could never get used to though.....grits served next to the seafood.....wtf??!!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ

What do you think life would be like in Liberal Land USSA and Conservative Land CSA?

USSA: gay marriage would be ok, guns would be illegal, everyone would be payed equally no matter what job they have or do not have, taxes would be extremely high, there would be no Christmas, just a winter holiday, every other child aborted, etc.

Look at Canada
...gay marriage is ok, no fire and brimstone from the sky on that

...Guns are only a big deal because the Judiciary is too understaffed to throw offenders in jail as they richly deserve

...our CEOs make a lot less money than American CEOs in proportion to the worker on the shop floor, but some folks make a bundle, others make crap. Same as everywhere

...taxes may be high, but we are not each 400k in debt as Americans are...and we have universal heath care that is not perfect, but pretty damn good

...Christmas? We're holding our own on that one, but only just

...abortion? No, this ain't China

Centre-left is an ok place to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join