It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIG Takes Another Vacation This Time in Phoenix and It Cost Over $300,000.00

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I just saw this on Fox News AIG just got busted having another party at a resort in Phoenix. This time they tried doing it under the radar. All hotel employees were told not to mention AIG was there. The cost of the party... over $300,000 of your tax payer dollars. So between two retreats and probably more that we dont know about the tax payers have covered almost 1 million dollars. Wow the same time people are getting kicked off the streets and people are losing their jobs.

Edit to add link to the story I found this on the net....

www.azcentral.com...

[edit on 11-11-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The company that I work for has had a record year. Yet due to the current financial situation, no one will be getting a raise next year. It sickens me to see companies like AIG begging for handouts and then splurging on retreats. It also sickens me to see that people on wall st will still be getting their bonuses this year... again, thanks to the taxpayer and our handouts.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
The company that I work for has had a record year. Yet due to the current financial situation, no one will be getting a raise next year. It sickens me to see companies like AIG begging for handouts and then splurging on retreats. It also sickens me to see that people on wall st will still be getting their bonuses this year... again, thanks to the taxpayer and our handouts.

Hey if we didnt have to fork over over $150 Billion dollars then I wouldnt give a rats a$$ what they do with their money. But as long as its my money keeping them afloat then they need to show some consideration. But why would they? They have been greedy since the beginning and this is why we find ourselves in this position.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Things have sucked such eggs in the automotive sector for so long, I've not seen a raise nor a bonus for five years.

When I see this, I really feel it is time to introduce these petulent greedy schmucks to Dr. Tar and Professor Feather.

Odd thing . . . I've always been a peaceful kinda person but recently I find myself thinking that I could actually do nasty things to these elitest bungholes as part of a revolution to take back our rights instead of having this buffet of turds handed to us day after day after day . . .

It is their sense of entitlement and impunity that is really really testing my resolve, and it isn't Mr. Niceguy leading the parade any more.

I was in a bit of a battle recently with the owner of a company who was clearly in the wrong . . . his response to me was that despite being wrong and despite the piddly amount in question, he'd spend $10,000 to keep me from getting $1 out of him, and he'd do it only because he can afford to hold out longer than I.

Bastards . . . but that is the sense I get . . . the people we're growing more angry with each day simply sit back in their gated communities and figure that at some point we'll run out of resolve or resources to fight and as inevitably as the sunrise, they'll come out of all this mess with narry a wrinkle on their $10,000 Armani suits.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This is clearly way out of hand. The company my wife works for just laid off 200 people because they were told by the banks that they have not made enough cutbacks. So, to get the development capital from the banks they had to trim the staff.

Now AIG is up to the same old tricks making a mockery out of the taxpayers. My advice to AIG policy holders is to pull your policies and shop for a better company.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Reply to GoalPoster

I too find myself in the same predicament. I am a peaceful person but find myself thinking of ways of retribution. These criminals have taken part in the downfall of America both morally and financially.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

If you don't like it...
Get yourself a pair of sheeping boots.

www.urbandictionary.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

If you don't like it...
Get yourself a pair of sheeping boots.

www.urbandictionary.com...

I think the government has a pair of those already. Us being the sheep and the government doing the well you get the point.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
So, I don't get a raise AGAIN, my company is cutting jobs left and right, and AIG is partying again? Screw leaving the country, I want to leave the PLANET

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Join the I didn't get a raise this year club. I'm sure the CEO's of our companies got their raise though.

Oh but my work load doubled.

The type of mess America is finding herself in at the moment is due to American's voting in politicians that give free reign to the large Corporations.

Inflation continues to escalate but not our wages.

www.usinflationcalculator.com...

[edit on 11-11-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I just saw a blurb about this on CNN headline news. They were saying how Congress is all up in arms over this.

Well I suppose it is a good sign that CNN picked up on this. Maybe they will actually "pay" for this, although I have a feeling they won't.

Oh ya, AIGs explanation was that the sponsors and people who attended paid for the event....suuuure.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
SOB's

Even if it was subsidized by Saudi Arabian businessmen AIG exec have to realize the perception is that they are thumbing their noses to the American public.

I'll glad to see MSM media picking up on these stories. ABC had a big article on it to!

While Ohio has one of the highest unemployments rates in the country and 12,ooo more are laid off from DHL these AIG SOB's are riding the tax payers while Washington sits on their hands.

All my emails to congress have gone unaswered.

If I could afford it I would march on Washington - dammit !!!!

[edit on 11-11-2008 by venividivici]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Possibilities:

AIG has something on someone so it can thumb it's nose at all of this

Congress is just too stupid and inept to do it's job

Business and government could care less about the tax payer and have decided they can just control and create money out of thin air and it leaving the average guy to drown.

Anyone still insured by AIG...

Edit: It might be as simple as having to spend that money in Arizona as pay back to McCain.

[edit on 11/11/2008 by roadgravel]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

BOYCOTT AIG
switch your policies

You are an AIG policy holder if your insurance is through:

AIG owns more than two dozen companies licensed to offer insurance in California, according to the California Insurance Commissioner. They include 21st Century Casualty Co.; 21st Century Insurance Co.; AIG Casualty Co.; AIG Centennial Insurance Co.; AIG Premier Insurance Co.; AIU Insurance Co.; American General Indemnity Co.; American Home Assurance Co.; American International Insurance Co. of California Inc.; Birmingham Fire Insurance Co. of Pennsylvania; Commerce And Industry Insurance Co.; GE Auto & Home Assurance Co.; GE Indemnity Insurance Co.; Granite State Insurance Co.; Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Co.; Insurance Co. of the State of Pennsylvania; Landmark Insurance Co.; National Union Fire Insurance Co. of Pittsburgh, Pa; New Hampshire Insurance Co.; Pacific Assurance; Putnam Reinsurance Co.; Transatlantic Reinsurance Co.; United Guaranty Commercial Insurance Co. of North Carolina; United Guaranty Credit Insurance Co.; United Guaranty Residential Insurance Co.; and Yosemite Insurance Co.[48].........Twenty AIG subsidiaries are licensed to do business in Pennsylvania, including National Union Fire Insurance Co. in Pittsburgh, believed to be the second largest AIG underwriter in the nation. Other subsidiaries include New Hampshire Insurance, Insurance Company of the State of Pennsylvania, Granite State Insurance and New Hampshire Indemnity.[49]

AIG in Wiki

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici
Even if it was subsidized by Saudi Arabian businessmen AIG exec have to realize the perception is that they are thumbing their noses to the American public.
[edit on 11-11-2008 by venividivici]

That is my entire point, and the blunt reality of all of this . . . a sense of devine entitlment . . . the Let them eat cake train of thought.

The reality here is that they cannot hear our screams of anger nor do they have to watch us shake our fists, stomp our feet or otherwise get all pissed off about their actions from high atop their ivory towers or, in this case, from a cushy resort in Arizona.

Those who benefit from these bailouts, rescues and golden parachutes really don't care what we think. The only way to hurt them is to take away their wealth and the sad thing is, we don't have the money to take theirs.

Sad, eh?

So we piss and moan and rant and rave and go home at the end of the day to our canned tuna, Kraft dinner and Kool Aid with the albeit fading hope that there is some wayout of this mess and all the while knowing many of the rich folk throw out more food than we'd ever be able to afford.

We are exactly as they want us to be . . . and they don't give a smoldering mound of crap about our perception of them.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Reply To GoalPoster

Why would they give a crap what we thought. Ill tell you what if they knew that they had to watch their backs while walking through their house they would care. Just when they think its safe to open a window...BAM a bullet from 300 yards away hits them straight in the head. If a few CEOs from these companies met this fate the others would think twice about what they are doing. They wouldnt want to have to walk through their own house having to speed through window openings in fear of a bullet. These people have some sense of safety. Thomas Jefferson said it the best when he said "Freedom is when the government fears the people. Tyranny is when the people fear their government." How can one put it any better?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Reply To GoalPoster

Why would they give a crap what we thought. Ill tell you what if they knew that they had to watch their backs while walking through their house they would care. Just when they think its safe to open a window...BAM a bullet from 300 yards away hits them straight in the head. If a few CEOs from these companies met this fate the others would think twice about what they are doing. They wouldnt want to have to walk through their own house having to speed through window openings in fear of a bullet. These people have some sense of safety. Thomas Jefferson said it the best when he said "Freedom is when the government fears the people. Tyranny is when the people fear their government." How can one put it any better?

Exactly . . . as it stands, it would appear that nobody is yet angry enough to follow through on your solution.

I'm figuring, though, it is only a matter of time before somebody at the end of their rope in terms of looking at the kids going hungry as they try to keep them warm on a heat grate behind the library, tucking them under a blanket in the makeshift cardboard box house . . .

At some point, instinct, survival and protection of the young kicks in and, as you said . . . BAM . . . and the revolution begins.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by vonvitt

I just saw a blurb about this on CNN headline news. They were saying how Congress is all up in arms over this.

Yea, I would be up in arms as well if I wasn't invited after paying for the event.

I guess AIG learned from the best on how to spend other people's money.

They should send a Thank you note to Congress for being good teachers.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Gadzooks -amazing to me the double standard applied by hard core evangelical right when assessing "evil" status to people. These people are just plain criminals - greed seems to have been lost in the battle of sins that we all so casually bandy about - these people, not the gays or the tree huggers or the Rush Limbaughs, are the ones who are truly destroying the fabric of all of our lives with their unending GREED. They are all laughing at us.

ColoradoJens

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Gadzooks -amazing to me the double standard applied by hard core evangelical right when assessing "evil" status to people. These people are just plain criminals - greed seems to have been lost in the battle of sins that we all so casually bandy about - these people, not the gays or the tree huggers or the Rush Limbaughs, are the ones who are truly destroying the fabric of all of our lives with their unending GREED. They are all laughing at us.

ColoradoJens

Great point. Oh wait Bush supports big business so it makes greed ok. So having kids out of wedlock, having gay sex, and greed all three Republican mantras but yet the religious right LOVE these guys. Heh. Ill look for all these people in hell right along with me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join