It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware of some "Alien Messages", Hell's Gates, and other "phenomena" in ATS.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cbass

And I would expect nothing less from you and all others who are serious about knowing, without all the fanfare and sensationalistic paraphernalia that so many are getting people accustomed to, when dealing with the deeper issues of our "reality".

In fact, part of my aim, and in this I welcome all input necessary, is to share my experiences so that they can be of help and a point of departure for others, so that each one can reach his own experiences and conclusions.

With this said, some of it will definitely be strange and unusual, but as I have been saying, I feel confident that most of what I can share can be verified, and as a matter of fact, that would be the highest reward, both for any who care to share and grow, and for myself, because then all my years of research and work would have more meaning than just my own.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenc

Go for it, Citizenc

Many members here have posted their findings and faced the ridicule, etc. I have two threads that would be considered "out there", "strange", and "unbelievable" but I posted them anyway. At some point you want to know if there are others out there that have come to the same conclusions and if they have solved the questions that still remain. Imho, it's time to share them.

As for the titles and all the labels put on these understandings in our time, well, just wink and realize that it doesn't matter what label is used, just the actions you do. Please go ahead, tell us your experiences, and to be fair I'll post a link of one of my threads that you can peruse, laugh at, whatever, but I did share them, regardless.

(I'm putting my head on the block here, but here goes if that is what it takes to convince you to go ahead.) www.belowtopsecret.com...

Please, just go for it,

STM

[edit on 11/11/2008 by seentoomuch]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Good thread OP I like your perceptions and really liked what you posted at Skyfloatings thread. I will enjoy following this thread as well.

S & F

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizenc
You see, with a little more acquaintance with how things work at deeper levels, you would see that you analogy about the the streams is more than accurate.

If you could SEE the effects of your own thoughts and actions, you as an individual would be extremely more careful, more sensitive and loving towards others and the environment where you dwell.

This knowledge is there, at your grasp, all you need to do is want it, and work for it.

Self awareness is NOT for some special people, it is the birthright of ALL HUMAN KIND. It is never late, and it is always the right time to start.

How astute. But who are you talking to? You quoted me, but do you presume to know me or my "level"? How do you know how careful I am? What knowledge I have?

Obviously my thoughts didn't "pollute" your stream too awful much as you seemed to entirely miss the point of what I posted.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
i think i get the gist, although perhaps not to the extent you are referring? is it something like this:

our brains are computers. we are the master programmers. any data we download, will impact the system in some fashion. garbage in equals garbage out. beauty in equals beauty out.

the bible refers to that as "for as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he." (that's in proverbs, old testament).

[edit on 11-11-2008 by undo]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I'm ready to change my reality. The one I'm stuck in at present, sucks!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Well, you certainly are self-righteous. YOU have all the answers based on YOUR experiences. Give me a break. This post it like a million others. What makes your experiences and opinions any more valid then anyone elses?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbass

Just so you know,I am looking for any opportunity to shut you down if you start getting to "lightworkerish".

I have had it with self-important condecending, new-age hippies who have nothing better to do than battle evil, sinister,malevolent,dark, nefarious forces on the battlefield of their mind, and feel it is their duty to let us "lower astrals" know just how "LOW" we are, and that they, the "higher astrals" are sending Love and Lightbulbs our way.

Don't make me shut you down, cuz I will turn on you and stab you in the back the first chance I get.

But, for now, You are right on in my book and I could not agree with you more. If I could star and flag you twice, I would.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by cbass]

Really , cbass?... Still?... Let it go.

Love & Light

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

So you know yourself eh…… ? How well I wonder.

Time is only an impression of this dimension, as you say. A man made concept to describe the procession of the moment that we live in. Yet we are physically bound by it. We grow old and die. That seems to be a law of this dimension. Whatever is made of physical matter seems to obey those laws. Other dimensions might not be bound by time the same way, but most have their own “time", perhaps not as we percieve time though.

An experience of the dimensions, or the “reality“ beyond the mind and time is interesting. To experience this there is no “me”. The concept of “me” or “you” can never experience this, because it is an illusion of beliefs, concepts, points of view etc. that is always bound by time. There are plenty of people who have an experience of this. I know there are groups who practice with the experience of this as their goal. A truth that can never be explained.

“I” will be happy when I have more money. “I” like you, but I don’t like him. “I” will get angry if you don’t agree, or say something I don’t like. “I” know, but “you” are ignorant. "My" beliefs are right, "yours" are wrong. Etc. etc. etc. Perhaps this is why the reality we create is not always so nice and we just need to get over ourselves.

Forgive me, though so far I see this as just another new age type thing that is misleading, perhaps no human really knows the truth. Why would you be so different to these other “ignorant” groups that you speak of? Perhaps people need to find and discern the truth for themselves because there have been enough beliefs, cults, religions that have built around the truth as it appears in someone's mind. Again forgive me if I seem a bit harsh, but much of what you have said sounds very familiar and I have heard it before, and in my own way have found it to be nonsense. Which doesn't necessarily mean it has to be wrong...Though I am more interested to hear of your interpretation of the alien thing and I will read with as much interest and as open a mind as is possible for a poor ignorant.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by Cogito, Ergo Sum]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizenc
Deny Ignorance? Is that the purpose of ATS?
Yet, the level of one-sided "information" is no longer tolerable, at least for those who are seeking to truly inform, learn and grow.

I have been participating in ATS for a couple of months now, and my alarm at the level of sensationalistic "info", paired with gross overall ignorance of some basic facts about OUR nature and the nature of reality, make me have to speak out.
-
My point is that a fair and balanced knowledge of the NATURE OF REALITY, as well as HOW THINGS WORK AND WHY, would present an alternative, more sophisticated, and closer-to-the-truth approach for ALL to better understand and process what COULD be going on, and would enable the individual to see just how much power and say each one has over their own life and conditions of existence.

Did anyone notice that he says you need to have knowledge of reality as well as how things work and why, and then goes on to say that some metaphysical things that currently can't be proven are facts?

Yea, I thought I saw that too.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Interesting thread, I will be most interested in hearing how you have come to your thoughts and ideas.

Main stream needs some lightning up! Good work

Skyfloating is one of my favorite thread starters too.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

If you are going to proselytize Seth's teachings and not credit 'him', at least don't mangle the meaning while making it 'your own'.

TWISI

[edit on 11-11-2008 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
"Explore ~ Expand ~ Evolve"

I created this line for advertising a local theatre group, but I believe it to have great meaning in our lives.

Many of us explore - we are curious in our nature. However, what answers do we receive when we find what we are looking for? How do we perceive our findings and do we learn from them? And once we learn from them - do we evolve into better people? I'd like to think so, but it's not always the case. We strive for better, but how we get there is key. Although, we tend to lose ourselves in the massive wave of knowledge and have no where to turn for guidance - or so we believe. For many years I have asked others for advice and each answer is different; however, the undertone of each one is the same.

A fact is a concept whose truth can be proved.
An opinion is an assessment, judgment or evaluation of something.

In our society we are handed both, but come to our own conclusions based on what information we are given. This is called "reasoned judgment" or Critical Thinking as we all know it to be called in school.

There is an issue that I've discovered recently: If we aren't given all the facts and opinions how can we come to a well-reasoned judgement?

Like I stated before - all advice I've been given is the same - a conclusion simply based on what information is given at that point in time. People cannot come to a truly honest conclusion unless everything is out on the table. Although, even if it is, interpretation is everything.

We are as different as we are the same. We breathe - our hearts beat so we may live - we all want and need - but what makes us different lies in the latter. Our wants and needs are different with each person. We interpret what is important based on what we know, but what knowledge we have varies from person to person.

So how can we come to the same conclusion if interpretations are different? This is where my reason for exploring comes into play.

Without exploration - we can only come to one conclusion - our own. Our own conclusion is just that - our own. It does not involve anyone else, but ourselves. We must involve ourselves with others in order to see clearly. Even if views are different - there is a reason why. That I don't know, but I'd like to understand. (Along with everything else in this wondrous universe)

I am in search of knowledge - some far beyond my comprehension - but it doesn't keep me from seeking it. If I am to see all views - I must find the courage to find what I seek and not fear what I find.

If I am to find who I am - I must not question others, but accept them and their perception of the world. How can I know I have found the truth when the truth is relative? There is something meaningful to know from everyone's beliefs. If I refuse to accept what others see - how am I to see the whole picture?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I do have a gripe though.
It seems like everytime someone has anything really earthshattering to say in a thread, They spread it out over the course of days and keep everyone biting their nails waiting in anticipation.
If what you have is so important, why not come out of the gates swingin'
and do it all in one or two posts in the very begining?

I really appreciated the music anology.
That really made alot of sense to me and I will use that one in the future.
If that is all I get out of this thread it will have been well worth it!!
That is ALOT more than I have gotten out of other threads as of late......
and you know who you are.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I just missed out on the messages, gates, and phenomena. Are you talking about acting out multiple personalities? . . . because you cannot just claim yourself to this dimension without leaving it. Obviously you must of been visiting these other places. Maybe you have been experimenting with mind altering substances. That just might of threw off your balance and opened up new experiences. Yet you can also go to say that other people like living the same lifestyle. Other people are on the same path.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Know yourself before teaching others about themselves?
Puts this thread in a nutshell don't you think?
We think we know ourselves, but do we really know ourselves?

So many questions in one post from me is a first!

Will not Star and Flag this thread too soon, lets see what the OP has to say about reality as he see`s it.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I see it a little differently, but I can understand what you are saying. It reminds me of when I read Prometheus Rising by Anton Wilson, and when he talked about "What the thinker thinks, the prover proves" and of course we are both. Whatever we are able to think to ourselves, we have the power to prove, the only limit, is our imagination.

Interesting.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I think at least one problem with the individuals who seem to be echoing the same "my reality is right for me, yours is right for you" idea, is that you may not actually realize that there is a truth about the way things really are in this universe, no matter what you want to believe.

Certainly not one path to that truth, or one way to see things, but regardless there is a truth about things that no matter how you want to see it or believe in it, you just can't change it.

To think that you can completely create your own reality, just because you think you can, is the path of a fool. And a pretty dumb fool at that.

Hey, somebody's got to tell you and wake up those who believe this out of their fantasy world.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
You don't "know" any more than the rest of us do.

IMHO there are many who know more than I do, just speaking for myself. Perhaps that is why I, like a sheep, must scrutinize the shepherd before following his/her mystical guidelines. One good line that comes to mind from Christ: "By their fruits shall ye know them."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join