It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Obamaism a Pathology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
It's 1992 all over again. The President-elect has not yet taken office and there are people coming out of the woodwork to crucify him. Other than the Lewinsky mess, the thing that sticks out in my mind about the administration of the 42nd President is the fact that the far-right wingnuts lost their minds. I started the 1992 as a Republican and by 1994, finding no intelligent life in the GOP, I left for good. Based on what I'm seeing now, I think this may be evidence of a deep-seated mental disorder.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Pathology is the study and diagnosis of disease through examination of organs, tissues, bodily fluids and whole bodies.

en.wikipedia.org...

I suppose you could say that Republicans are studying a disease in the Democratic party. The symptoms manifest themselves as extreme liberalism. The diagnosis of course is to take 2 aspirin and wait 4 years. There's no need to panic yet.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Is the media criticizing him yet? I seriously doubt it, but I don't know because I no longer watch the mainstream media news. I would think they are still in the blissful honeymoon phase, so where are you hearing this other than online?

Those of us who never jumped on the Obama love train aren't necessarily mentally ill we just don't trust something that seems too good to be true or someone the media fawns all over.

I do agree that the right wingers lost their minds during the Clinton years. The main difference there was that the media supported them in their quest to smear him. I don't think you'll be seeing that this time around.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker Mom
I do agree that the right wingers lost their minds during the Clinton years. The main difference there was that the media supported them in their quest to smear him. I don't think you'll be seeing that this time around.

I have said before that it has been my experience that the hard right are a bunch of sore losers and even worse winners and case in point the Clinton election in 92 and the subsequent years of cooked up scandals until a so-called real one named Monica came along.

Then there was their behavior in 2000 with the Florida mess and the Supreme court selection... they were positively gloating to the point of unseemly... hell at one inaugural ball Kathrine Harris was feted as their Mother Theresa... their Joan of Arc... their Florence Nightingale.... talk about tacky and mangling metaphors. Not to mention their get over it attitude.

Right now the media is a gaga over Mr. Obama and will be for sometime to come... and really its not about liberal bias but because it is historic... but just wait until he screws something up... his fall from grace will be hard. But he is a tough cookie and I am sure the media won't find him such an easy target that Clinton was.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Is this the same thing that's been wrong with the Liberals and Democrats for the last 8 years?

Or is that a different disorder?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I have to say, republicans are extremely versatile at smear tactics. If the democrats could take a page out of their book, Bush wouldn't have made it past '04.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

You know, I think it's just weird to be on the defensive. I truly dislike Bush, but I also never called him out on the stuff that is being called out on Obama.

For instance, I would have never called Bush out for being a good speaker (shh it's because he's like Hitler!!!). I have never called Bush out for not wearing a lapel or any other garment. I have not attacked Bush and said that he is not patriotic. I haven't cooked up any wild conspiracies theories about where he was born, or that Bush killed people to get into office.

Now, some have, and many of those threads reside in the 9/11 forum. I think that's fair enough, because that's a conspiracy forum and that's where threads like that belong.

Other threads, like about the Iraq war, could be construed as fair criticism (especially the whole leading us to war under false pretenses thing). Either way, it's debatable.

Barack Obama hasn't even stepped into office and people are trying to call him out on a whole laundry list of miscellaneous lies. They are blaming him for the economy. Yes, they've actually said that because he got elected the economy got worse. People are saying he's like Hilter and he's going to take over the country.

There's more, but at least with Bush there was some basis. The whole Florida thing was a fiasco and I think anyone can admit it. At least when people complained about Florida, there was something to complain about. It may have just been whining, but it wasn't all made up.

I just can't wait until Obama actually gets into office so people can complain about real stuff he's doing instead of just making stuff up because they are glad they can finally stop defending and start attacking.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by Irish M1ck]

new topics

top topics

join