It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam may have been developing the ability to develop a WMD program

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is getting ridiculous, now.
We've come along way from "imminent threat", haven't we?

'Saddam may have been developing ability to produce WMD'
Washington, March 31. (PTI): The new chief US weapons inspector has presented a new theory, which reflects the current Administration's justification for the Iraq invasion that even if Saddam Hussein had no weapons of mass destruction, the ousted dictator "may have been" developing a capacity to develop them at short notice.

Charles A Duelfer, in his first appearance since replacing David Kay in January, told two Senate committees meeting in closed session yesterday that he had refocused the work of the Iraq Survey Group (ISG) to determine Hussein's "intentions."

Duelfer said this had included trying to discover what Saddam Hussein had ordered, whether weapons were hidden and whether there was a plan "for a break out production capacity" according to an unclassified statement Duelfer released to reporters.

Making that task more difficult was that "some of these decisions may not have been recorded in traditional ways" and that they "may have been orally transmitted or conveyed to only a select group, a trusted inner circle."

While interrogation of top Hussein aides continues, he said, "obtaining clear, truthful information from the senior Iraqi leadership has been problematic even at this point in time."

www.hinduonnet.com...

(This was such a short report, I figured I'd just post the whole thing. Yes, I know it's against the rules.)

[Edited on 3-31-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
May have been developing the ability to develop? What a crock-of-#. Does anyone really believe anything they say anymore, besides the most blind and ignorant supporter...

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I bet this was more the case though and they knew it, but that would fly. So they said he had them. but like the boy who cried wolf, you cant believe anything anymore, and he will be eatin by the Wolf in NOV.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

'Saddam may have been developing ability to produce WMD'

LMFAO!!! OMG You have got to be kidding me. This people just keep making $hit up as they go. They have basically admitted that they "LIED" to the American Public about the WMD issue, now they go and change their story again. They may want to blame everything on "faulty" intelligence, but anyone with half a brain and some common sense can see that it was all BULL$HIT!!

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This is getting sad and further degrading the American " Hero " Image.

Deep

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm getting so sick and tired of the way this administration is running. There are numerous lies, tons of finger pointing and yet no one is to blame, WHY?

I swear I can see Titor's prediction of a civil war come to fruition and I'll be first in line to sign up, anyone know where to go?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Lets just all do our best to get everyone we know to vote and we can change this Sh!t

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
May have been developing the ability to develop? What a crock-of-#. Does anyone really believe anything they say anymore, besides the most blind and ignorant supporter...

The title of the thread was my comical twist on a ridiculous article. The report didn't actually say that, but it might as well have, IMO.

That avatar is hilarious, ShiftTrio!

[Edited on 3-31-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

That is too funny!

Grasping... ever grasping they are.

What I don't get is how in the hell can anyone with half a brain STILL defend this administration?!

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 29MV29
I'm getting so sick and tired of the way this administration is running. There are numerous lies, tons of finger pointing and yet no one is to blame, WHY?

Can you name one administration that hasn't been full of lies? thats just politics for ya.... they are all grimey and lie through their teeth...

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If they wanted more information from the now defunct Iraqi Regime under Saddam, why didn't they just send CIA Muslim Extremist operatives, like Osama, to get information from Saddams supposed weapons programs.

Anyway, G. W. Bush admininstration must come clean and give the real reasons for attacking Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
Anyway, G. W. Bush admininstration must come clean and give the real reasons for attacking Iraq and Afghanistan.

That's never going to happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL

Sadly, I agree.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Somehow, I think you are right. The only place we can find the answers is by talking to those with alternative views, like Alex Jones, and the internet where there is a wealth of information on these activities.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Here ya go fellas and ladies, let me throw another 'log' on that 'fire'.....from Mr. Clarke himself:
Clarke: Iraq Teamed Up With Bin Laden To Produce WMD.

Seems to me, if this is believed and I see why not, being that all of you have backed everything else that Mr. Clarke has said and claimed...
....that this would confirm that Saddam and Al-Qaeda did indeed have a "connection"....hmm?

seekerof

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Here ya go fellas and ladies, let me throw another 'log' on that 'fire'.....from Mr. Clarke himself:

Srry to say but I think this is more BS.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well, that may be so Ocelot, I have a tendency to somewhat doubt alot of what Mr. Clarke infers anyhow, but that is me.
Probably another reason I mentioned "log' for the 'fire'.

What is interesting, and the point I was making, is that Mr. Clarke mentions this...

seekerof

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There are more than enough reports, previous to this administration, that show that they thought Iraq was a threat to the US. I have showed reports of 1998, when Clinton was in power, he didn't do much after the terrorists bombed the USS Cole and other American interests.

The intel was showing that Iraq would pose a threat to us and other countries, and Saddam has showed in the past that he would use force against other countries, invade them and bomb the hell out of them. He even refused entry to the international inspectors to some of his factories.

Why would he do that if he was doing everything according to the sanctions?

You all want to vote for Kerry, that's fine that's why we are still a free country, but I am sure once he is the president and he is given the briefings he will support going against other terrorists, or if he doesn't then we are really screwed, because 9/11 will happen again in US soil, not once, but many times.

Islamic extremists have already said, before we went to deal with Iraq, that they want to destroy America, Europe and othe countries. This doesn't come from the Bush administration, it comes directly from Usama Bin Laden and other terrorist organizations.

Our intel is not perfect, mostly we have an overall description of the capability these people have. It is not that simple just to send an extremist operative to infiltrate them. It doesn't work like that. These people are extremelly careful as to who they let in their organizations. They probably even have some sort of "test phase", to see if it is true that you are an islamic extremists.

What can you expect from people who blow the brains out of a married woman, in public, if the husband just suspects that she has looked at another man?

I agree that there should be more investigations as to why did we failed in getting our information before 9/11.

But all this talk about a "revolution" in the States is crap.
This is exactly what happened to Cuba. Cuba was one of the most advanced countries in the world before castro. Cuba was even more advanced than most of the United States was. But then castro came around saying that there were people in power who were misleading the people and he vowed to liberate the country. What happened after that? Cuba became communist and a dictatorship. It became a hundred times worse than it was.

This is pretty much what I have seen in my dreams happening in the US, and it pains me to see people of this great country fall in the same steps as what happened to Cuba.

You want to vote for Kerry, go ahead and do that, but stop this stupid talk about a "revolution" in the US. If you are not earning enough money, go get an education, get a degree. There are many ways to do this, don't blame all your problems to "any" administration. Get off your lazy butts and do something to change your life.

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
When you look at the historical data I am inclined to believe that maybe the president did not know the truth and acted upon bad intelligence. How can we say different when Clinton has said he too believed the WMD was there, I can't imagine he would lie about that.

If we are to believe that why in the hell is Tenet still over the CIA? If we are to ever trust Bush and his staff again he needs to take action against those in power who gave him false information that caused him to send troops to Iraq.

I really think his crediblity might go up if he would hold those who misslead responsible for their actions. Even if Tenet was misslead it is very common for the captain of the ship to take the fall and go down with the ship.

I just don't understand how this administration believes they can not make someone accountable for being misslead...

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Originally posted by Seekerof

Srry to say but I think this is more BS.

I agree. Great fiction, based on nothing but his imagination.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join