It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some Advice....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I, with about two of my closest friends.. am working on a very detailed about three book length sci-fi story which I estimate I'll be ready to send to publisher by at least 2010-2011 timeframe.

My question is - can someone give me advice as to what publishing company would be the best or any further advice on the best way to ensure successful publication?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I don't know which one would be the best. that would really be a matter of opinion anyway.

For the record though, you are going to need an agent/lawyer if you ever want your book published by a major publisher. People in that business for the most part will completley ignore anything you send them.

To them you are a nobody and they get random books sent to them by the dozens on a daily basis, they will pick up a crappy book that is backed by an agent before they pick up a good one that isnt.

Crazy I know, but that is how it is, If you don't have an agent It will be alot harder to get your book published, although not impossible.

What ever you , do NOT go the way of self publishing. It is not worth it. You always end up losing money...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely start looking around for an agent.

join