It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragging Through The Streets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well, dead Americans and foreigners are now being dragged through the streets in Iraq. Remember Mogadishu? When is enough, enough?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Let me tell you something, If another country came here and invaded. We would drag them through the streets(if they didnt nuke us). We do it now to our own(hate crimes). So you can take that some where else. I dont like. But, it is what it is.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
We cant leave now because its tough, maybe we shouldnt have been there, but leaving aint the anwser either. Ask 99% of the marines there and they wouldnt be dragged out for that reason.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
And further more, alot of americans where ready to drag somebody through the streets after 9-11, and still are.

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Let me tell you something, If another country came here and invaded. We would drag them through the streets(if they didnt nuke us). We do it now to our own(hate crimes). So you can take that some where else. I dont like. But, it is what it is.

That is exactly my point Cobra. When another country invades and occupies another the people will rebel. As long as the occupation lasts the people become more and more irritated and want the occupiers out of their country.

No country should get involved in the internal affairs of another if there is no such threat. There was no threat from Iraq. Yes, Saddam was a ruthless dictator, however they are all over the globe. Remember, the mass graves they found over there were over a decade old and a result of this country turning our backs over rebellion after the first Gulf War when we encouraged the rebellion and then sat and watched many get slaughtered.

Sooner or later we will pull out. Whether it is under the guise of Iraqization(like Vietnamization) or just plain on the run. When we leave there will be internal civil war between shiites, sunnis, and the Kurds let alone other groups.

Afganistan is now run by warlords. Many of whom are worse to the people than the Taliban. Is this what our "great victory in Afganistan" was supposed to bring? I endorsed going into Afganistan. We did, and then diverted our resources into Iraq for no real reason. We didn't finish the job in Afganistan now the "war president" is finally sending more troops in there to try and capture Osama before the election. This should have been done 2 years ago. I guess our "mission accomplished" in Iraq has prevented that.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Then we are in agreement.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Those Iraqis had a really twisted idea of an appropriate April Fools joke.....

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   
We need to go in and that right quick! Seal Fallujah off and lay down the law. Post haste!

The scum that escape will most likely scurry over to Tikrit.. I say we have a welcoming party waiting for them.

john

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
And further more, alot of americans where ready to drag somebody through the streets after 9-11, and still are.

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by SpittinCobra]

Yet those of us who see the threat from militant Islam are cautioned and chastised for openly saying what most people know but are afraid to say for fear of the (yep, heres that phrase again) politically correct label makers and their plight to dictate control of anything and everything we Americans do or say.

But, when its not us, then we must realize that its okay for others to be intolerant, just as long as its not us.

One true phrase discribes militant Islam and the way we are expected to react to it and that is, "Tolerance for intolerance" Speak out against any action that is commited by anyone other than an American and get a nice, big juicy label applied in multiple coats to the forehead.

If on 9-11, muslims all around the country (US) had come under these kinds of attacks, you would have criticized it and rightly so, I might add but its okay for these people to behave this way because they personally haven't been attacked but their beloved Murderer...er umm...leader was forcefully removed and the removers are coming in with billions to undo the damage he's done over the last decade or two?

You know what that is? Thats hypocrisy and thats nothing more than what I would expect from the politically correct in-crowd. Contardiction is something that should happen every now and then by accident, not a viable political philosphy or a way of life.

Write that down.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There is an old saying-"The nation that fears becomes feared." That is exactly what is happening in this nation. The many that want this nation to lower ourselves into doing what we shouldn't be are lowering their standards as Americans. This all could have been and should have been avoided at the beginning if we hadn't blatantly invaded a soverign nation for no reason other than the wishes of the neocons.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Being dragged through the street is part of the possible outcome of the soldier's lot. Stuff happens in war and, but the nature of war, most is not pretty.

However, they are trying to intimidate us just as happened in Mogadishu. Are we wrong being there? I don't know, not my call... the soldier's job is not to question the orders of the government, but to perform them to the best of his/her ability. Wrong you say? Perhaps, but in the actuality of it, enough soldiers, sailors, airmen, and what have you didn't agree, because there are a great many of them there, volunteers, who didn't see the issue as wrong enough to rebel....

I think the thing is with me is that we are fighting a war much like we did in Viet Nam and we are not fighting the war on our terms, but on theirs, and we, as in Nam, will lose terrible amounts of soldiers until we switch and fight to win.

The other thing that bugs me about it is the use of murder against civilians as well as soldiers. I wonder how much isn't getting printed about the evil that men do to their brother Iraquis? I think I don't view the people who use indiscriminate violence as freedom fighters or fighters for a right cause ... They continue to be terrorists.

top topics

join