It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Like Palin Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I've been watching the most recent interviews with Palin on CNN. She seems very nice, warm, and intelligent. Where the heck was this woman on the campaign trail?

I supported, and continue to support, President Elect Obama. However, the Sarah Palin I'm seeing now is not the same lady I saw on the campaign trail.

I was really repulsed by her on the campaign trail, but feel that she is much warmer and engaging now.

Any other folks out there having a similar experience?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well I sure that she would be a nice person to have a conversation. She does seem down to earth even though I disagree with her 90% over politics.

However after coming across this, I am quite glad she is not vice president: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just let her be govenor of Alaska. It suits her well. A job as vice president or president itself would just ruin her.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm there with you on the politics she represented. But she seems COMPLETELY different now... It's almost scary how much her persona has changed.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I lived in Alaska for 4 years. She has seemed the same then, on the campaign trail and now. However, she is more relaxed IMO. Imagine how stressed on edge you would feel campaigning for that position

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
She is refining her speaking and media skills. The Sarah Palin we all saw during the campaign was the persona that suited her fine for Alaskan politics, but not so good for the lower 48. She was thrown into a role she was totally unprepared for, and her handlers didn't do her many favors. She is doing post election interviews to defend her reputation as she is probably very embarrassed by all the silly things she said and did. It is John McCain's fault for not properly vetting her. That being said, I think she should just settle back in to her role as Alaska's governor and do what she does best.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Yeah she definitely seems much more relaxed. It becomes her much more than the persona I saw on the campaign trail.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Me too! I never thought I would like this woman, and really had no intention of liking her ever. But the moment she went 'rogue' I began to find myself drawn to her, and I found myself actually liking her! I hope to see more of her in the future.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yes she seems much better now that she isn't worrying about blowing a campaign.

Although one thing I've noticed in her recent interviews, when hit with tough questions or trying to get you sympathetic to her. She softens her voice and just talks so cutesy, all while trying to convey the sexism in politics.

She belongs at the side of a hockey rink. Especially when she says, us here in alaska are rich in natural resources. To bad you have Senator Stevens that's been working for countless years on end to ensure Alaska gets the most ammount of money from the Federal gov state wise.. That probably had to do with them, possibly, re-electing that felon.

I really want her to run for Senate however, she'll certainly make C-Span more enjoyable. Or if that doesn't work out become the white Oprah.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I said a week ago in another thread

She intentionally screwed McCain and the whole dumb thing was an act and she is one sharp serious Lady

McCains camp tried to dumb her down and she rebelled...

LOL no one thinks Africa is a country particularly not a Governor

She faked it, McCain, tired to dumb her down and she gave him exactly what they told her to be and this was one lady who would be damned before she played a role just to get Him the womans vote...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
From the minute I learned of Governor Palin, over One Year Ago, I always knew that she was a Warm, Down-to-Earth, Common Sensed, Logical, Feminine, Beautiful, Witty, Intelligent, Tough, Real Go-Getter kind of Lady. Everyone, including myself, always speaks of the tiresome train load of Politicians coming and going from Washington, D.C., on a fairly consistent basis. These Politicians are the same "Good Ol' Boys", and often times they are far from ever representing US, the PEOPLE. Governor Palin however IS one of us, and she rose up quickly within the Political Spectrum due to her Tenacity and Integrity. She is one of the few Politicians that you could picture yourself befriending, or sitting down to have a discussion with on a relatively intimate basis.

Whether you agree with her Political Views or not, I feel that she represents the one aspect of Politics we are ALL longing for: Representation BY The People, and FOR the People. I am not one to be blinded by "Fan Fare" or hypnotized by ANYONE, but I truly feel a connection with Governor Sarah Palin. She is definitely an amazing individual.

Just look at the way she wanted to duke it out in Michigan even when Senator McCain wanted to pull out, or how she went on the offensive when Senator McCain refused to do so. Governor Palin has the drive to get things done, but she also has the Morals and Intuition to make certain that they are the things which she deems essential to America, and the American Dream.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I hope Sarah Palin poses for Playboy.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Just like McCain's consolation speech was a welcome return to the old McCain, she is now free from the grips of the GOP handlers. That party needs to be completely reconstituted with real human beings.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

She was great in "Nailin' Paylin"!

top topics

join