It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else LOVE House?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

Nice I'll have to try to get into it more. I'll also try to find that episode, it actually does sound pretty funny.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It was my 20th Birthday yesterday and my friends got me something Fantastic. They all chipped in and bought me a House DVD boxset seasons 1 - 4!

How freakin awesome is that! Thanks guys

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Lovelovelooooove this show. House reminds me of my husband.

Er. Minus the drug habit and the limp, of course...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by quitebored

drug habit

It's not the self-destructive type of habit though, House would justify it by his pain. Wish I had some vicadin now, my back is killing me.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

Wellllll... yes and no. The House character is in pain, therefore he needs medication in order to simply function, but he treats his meds like candy, has sought out stronger highs, has been proven to be addicted to the meds, etc--so yes, I'd say the habit is there...

The catch is, without the meds, his pain prevents him from functioning. That's the thing that most people don't generally understand about chronic pain management; yes, things like Vicodin can make a person feel groovy, and our culture is one of "if it feels good, it must be wrong," but for people who are living with chronic pain, it's not a matter of getting high, it's a matter of getting through the day.

I think House's in-your-face attitude about his use of Vicodin is just part of the character, since he does the same thing with other socially-unacceptable habits.

The tragic and compelling part of the character, though, is that the meds can only ease the pain in his leg. He's got way bigger issues than that.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by quitebored

He said he's an addict but he doesn't have a problem. Quite simple.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Nope. House is the last doctor I would see if I were sick. Instead of examining the patient and diagnosing the problem he tries a whole bunch of cures until he finds the right one, usually almost killing his patient in the process. I know it's only tv but he's no Doogie Howser or Marcus Welby, that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

If house were diagnosing you it would mean one of two things.

A, you went to the clinic with something minor where any average doctor could help you or
b, no other doctor could work out what was wrong with you.

If the latter, I'd rather see House than someone who go by the books.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I love that show!! I also have the craziest crush on Dr House/ Hugh Laurie!! Anyone else?

I love the plane episode where him and Cuddy are going somewhere and they have to use what is on board.

I like the older eps with Chase and Cameron on the team too, but the new team is awesome and I like seeing Chase standing on his own on the show and Cameron happy down in the ER. My sister and I watch the reruns on USA every chance they are on and if we haven't seen the episode before, we always try to guess what is wrong with the patient too!!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Love House. The show and the character. I wish they didn't kill off Kumar (Sorry, I call him that no matter what he's in. ) I sure didn't see that coming. Whenever someone I know is ill or has something wrong with them, I find myself trying to diagnose them based on an episode of House. I need to stop.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I started watching the show in February and watched it every week now. I love the show.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I have just started watching the series, and I love it.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TeeJay

Just don't act like the jerk House is, smile.
I was kind of surprised they killed some one off also, but I still do like the show.
As to everyone else who is still watching, it is good that all of the episodes are available on line.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I thought bringing back Cutthroat Bitch to haunt House was brilliant.

One of the few shows I watch in the fiction realm of television, House makes me laugh like nothing else. I get such a kick of how much of an ass he can be and get away with. It's also great when it comes back on him when Cuddy or Wilson occasionally one-up him.

Killing Kutner off kind of sucked. I liked the dude.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
[mod edit:
removed]

[edit on 24-7-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I loveeee house also. House is probably my favorite television character but DEXTER would own house.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join