It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't the TAPS Ghosthunters have better equipment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Who pays for their gear? I assume they are receiving some financial assistance from the Sci-fi channel. If so, why don't they have better equipment?

How many times does one of them see something that the cameraman doesn't catch because their camera was pointed at one of TAPS? It couldn't cost them that much to attach a head mounted camera to each of the members. If they see something odd they can mark the time so they don't have to personally trudge through all the footage.

Why don't they have more infrared cameras? I know the FLIR camera they use isn't cheap but more than one could greatly help. Especially if they kept one mounted in the most 'haunted' area.

They use the EMF detectors to search for EM hot spots but it doesn't appear to tell them much. If ghosts use EM energy for 'power' why don't they install something that generates a large amount of EM energy for the ghosts to utilize.

What kind of audio recorders are they using? It seems they should be able to do a better job of analyzing the voice recordings they get. They don't appear to apply much, if any, post production or extraction to the voices.

I know they don't have an unlimited budget but come on, they could make some serious improvements to their tech.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

Well they probably blow all their cash on flanges.

The truth is that they have ok equipment, they do record in HD.
In any case, how much equipment does one need to find nothing.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I think they buy to much beer..
....Naw kidding aside, you would think they would. Maybe they are just sentimental to the things they use or they don't have as much money as we think they should?......

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Who wants to make a bet that soon they will be selling "affordable" ghost hunting equipment on their website?

top topics

join