It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ring around the moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
ok, first of all, im honestly not sure where to post this so please move it if its in the wrong area.

alrighty then, last night i went to put my cat out in the shed to sleep as i do every night, and, as i do every night, i looked up into the sky just to see if anything decides to fly by or to check out the stars. it was really foggy so no stars were visible and i looked at the moon only to see a huge circle of cloud around it (by the way i live in the eastern suburbs of melbourne). picture this; the moon, then sky all around it for quite a while, then cloud in a massive circle all around that.
now i know its probably nothing and simply just light reflecting but i have never seen it before, i showed my parents and they both thought it was pretty bizarre too.
i went inside while my camera charged for half an hour and i got back outside and it was still there but a little fainter, so i recorded what i could, and took a photo.
if you want to see what i saw ill try upload to youtube/photobucket but i dont know how they will turn out as it was about 9.30 pm and quite foggy.

anyway, thats my story, any ideas on what it was?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I've seen it, it is the moons light reflecting off ice crystals.
images.google.ca...:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=X&oi=image_result _group&resnum=4&ct=title

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stevo351

A moon halo? Cause by ice crystals high in the atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I saw it too last night - from Toronto Canada

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
yeah thats pretty much it i looked them up after i posted thanks guys/girls.

new topics

top topics

join