It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Roads? Please Comment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing: just one thing: YouTube compresses everything, and the result is a worsening in general quality of whatever you upload.
In particular, this is a screenshot taken from Lunar Explorer KAGUYA (SELENE) High Definition Television [ HDTV ] second image taking:

Here you can find the relevant press release and here you can watch the video in question.
The area is the one of Repsold crater called:

The west side of the "Oceanus Procellarum" (cut out from the second image shooting)
This is a still image taken out from the end part of the second moving image taking.
We can observe a crater called "Repsold," whose diameter is 107 km, at the center on the near side of this image. The channel that crosses this crater is called the "Repsold Valley," and its length is about 180 km (equivalent to the distance between Tokyo and Shizuoka on the Tokaido Line in Japan.

Here is it, Repsold crater (LO-IV-189H):

the central peak is about 720 m tall, the strongly-shadowed parts of the main rille are about 330 m deep. The shadows from the southeast rim of Repsold G indicate an irregular height of from 1500-2300 m.

Rimae Repsold (LO-IV-188M)

Here's a nice shot from Clementine UVVIS Multispectral Mosaic

They are definately rilles, of the straight type (you can also find Sinuous and Arquate ones): i do see why you see them as some artificially created "roads", because their complexity would suggest that, especially if you look at them in low res images, there's nothing wrong in it, but they are rilles, even well known ones

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The weirdest thing is at 1:10 in the video, look at the practically perfect right angle in the line.
I mean, I understand that straight lines can happen in nature but can a perfectly straight and perfectly angled thing happen in nature?

Although I do wonder, if these were roads, wouldn't they be really huge?
It's all a mystery.
Haha.
Too bad none of us can just go up there and see for ourselves...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
There are not roads on the moon. These so called photo anomalies that you see and supposed "structures" that arent really structures is your mind looking for patterns. The human brain is set up to try and decode familair patterns in data it receieves, which is how optical illusion, etc all that works. People seeing structures on the moon is n different then people seeing things in the clouds

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

ok Phage i think your correct,

they do look like film Anomalies

[edit on 11-11-2008 by easynow]

Phage is a great Sceptic, one of the best I believe on ATs. with out some arse hole attitude

He delivers his evedence well without malice to other posters and does his home work.

But There has been many air brushed anomilies on the moon and mars?

Keep Well

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
NO WAY IT COULD BE ANY FLOWS AT ALL
FLOWS DONT GO UP AN DOWN CRATERS...
NEITHER DO THEy CROSS
or meet to go round and have fun uphill...

BIOS

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Dear fellow i posted my last post without having read your post.
There is a strong chance you may be right. I will be back on time.

UNTIL THEN ... BE WELL !!!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
nothing for sure...still looking...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Here we go again!

Well after all i am not totally convinced i don t have something here!

Maybe the above are right.
Maybe they are the effort of a cover up.......

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
If i had the chance to go anywhere, id most likely pick the moon. Moon bases/ruins are one of my, if not all time, fav conspiracy.

I'd absolutely love for the moon structures to be real. Just think of all the great things we could learn about the universe and ourselves

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

I won't ever buy what your sellin... unless there's clearly a crystal clear mcdonalds or starbucks or motel 6, I just see zero evidence when you see tons of evidence, it's just the animals in the clouds syndrome, the richard c hoaglandology.... let me guess those roads are on a 19.5 hyperdimensional coordinate leading to an invisible city...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

no... not really.

I can go with the rilles concept but there is something to it not tottaly convincing.

At least i am not for now.......

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by KainRich

i doubt that i will get anything out of it but that is one of many reason i a m currently looking into getting the best possible telescope i can afford....

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
LATEST COMMENT:

Does the moon have quakes and IS what you
see is the result of those...?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

I respect you as a great debunker.
However i am not hoaxing something over here. Just speculating.
MAybe it is just me but i do not fully get the reasoning behind the ridges.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I dont know what your end game is here George,

As far as roads go , gotta give that a big NO

Is there something up there on the moon, Im open for discussion on that

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
LATEST COMMENT:

Does the moon have quakes and IS what you
see is the result of those...?

I can answer the first question: Yes, the moon does have quakes, caused by a variety of sources, such as tidal forces on the Moon, meteor impacts, and heating from the sun.

Internos or Phage will have to answer the second part.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by SaviorComplex]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join