It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All whites report to the cotton fields

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Congressman Charles Rangel, a Democrat (NY), introduced on 14 February 2006 a bill in the US Congress which requires: "all persons in the United States, including women, between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform a [two year] period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes."

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
What the hell are we coming to when somebody like him want to tell us how to serve our country?

Volunteerism is the word of the day. And the last time I checked nobody could make you volunteer your service.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Judging by the date of your link, this thread is something like 2 years late? Or did you mean to insinuate that because Obama is our next President that this will now come to pass? As I remember it, this bit of legislation was kind of tongue in cheek because Rangel opposed the war and was essentially saying that if it went on, then all the sons and daughters of rich politicians should have to do thier part.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Drop and give me 20 Private Hilton.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmarebeforesingularit

Soooo...Where do the cotton fields come into this?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Misleading thread title, has nothing to do with the subject discussed in the thread.
More fear-mongering...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

Soooo...Where do the cotton fields come into this?

Judging by what the legislation would have entailed, a better way os titling the thread would be "All Americans between the ages of 18 and 42 report to the cotton fields", but being as how our next President is black, it's "All Whites". Right op?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I would much rather prefer that over much of anything else if we were to actually go through with something like this crap. Considering how far stretched our military is.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Many, many countries require people to put in a year or more of governmental service. It's not so ridiculous. And it might actually create an opportunity for some otherwise low-lifes to learn a useful skill of some kind besides cooking crystal meth in their basements.

If I want to drive a car, I have to have training and pass a test. I suppose I could complain about the government "forcing me to work" against my will, there, too.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Do the people complaining about this "support the troops?

I expect it's fine to leave the whole responsibility on the shoulders of the military, many of whom come from impoverished backgrounds and have nothing to gain through the war.

So, just pay them lipservice to make yourself look honourable, and then skulk behind the shed like an enlisted politician.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by md11forever
Misleading thread title, has nothing to do with the subject discussed in the thread.
More fear-mongering...

Is Obama's mandatory community service fascist? * 1 day ago Additional Details 20 hours ago Erik A. Thanks for the concern, but I'm sure I'm much better qualified to define fascism than some high school geek on a wiki page. 20 hours ago Since none of you had actually READ Obama's proposal, it's for 50 hours of mandatory community service for everyone in America under 18. This isn't an emergency kind of thing like a draft for war, which is a special situation. This is a mandatory infringement on the 1st amendment freedom of association that applies to every minor without any extraordinary circumstances required to trigger it.

answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
awe shucks, I was really hoping massa was coming at us again with some mandatory cotton picking for us crackers. Change the thread title please, you got my hopes up.

link   
The best part is Obama wants to give away the labor of the elderly also. Now you understand why Obama received so much money from the corporations. There is no incentive to hire people when the president is willing to give away the labor of the young and the old.

link   
there will be no more civilians left in this country--a nation battle-rattle ready for anything (like when the vampiric reptiles from planet x show up). i like it. this country is about to change in ways even i can't fully comprehend, and that my friends (doing my best mccain imitation) is big news!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

a 2+ year old story and a horribly misleading title meant to invoke racism, I think.

as such, the discussion is over.

new topics

top topics

join